Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

on air now

Create a 4BC account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 4BC content and other benefits.

Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 4BC online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.


Man shot dead by police on Logan Motorway

4BC News
Article image for Man shot dead by police on Logan Motorway

Deputy Commissioner Tracy Linford confirmed the man was known to police, but was not subject to a current counterterrorism investigation in a press conference on December 17.

Ms Linford said Mr Abdi “was on bail for some crimes act offences.”

Bail conditions included having a GPS tracking device fitted, which had been tampered with the night prior to the shooting.

Police were informed by the tracking device company and attended Mr Abdi’s address at 4.30pm and 8.30pm but failed to locate him.



Sophie Upcroft, who reported on the scene, told Luke Grant the perpetrator was under investigation by the AFP and had recently been through the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

“The Queensland Police and the AFP are holding a media conference in the coming hours to confirm the exact details on what type of investigation this was and what other incidents this young man might have been involved in,” she said.

Press PLAY below to hear more.


A man has died after being shot by police at Drewvale this morning.

Police received reports of the man walking along the side the Logan Motorway creating a hazard to drivers.

Upon their arrival at the scene, the man allegedly threatened officers with a knife.

Police shot the man and immediately rendered first aid, but he died shortly after.

The Logan Motorway has been closed eastbound and significant delays are expected for most of the day.

The Ethical Standards Command is investigating the incident with the investigation to be overseen by the Crime and Corruption Commission.

Image: Sophie Upcroft/Nine News

4BC News