Cooking with Sarah
Michael is joined by Sarah Boorer, Nine Radio Journalist & Country Women’s Association award-winning cook, to look at the world of baked goods, delicious treats and & easy recipes.
This week Sarah looks at Darrell Lea Honeycomb Rocky Road Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups sweet biscuit crumbs (I used Milk Coffee)
- 80 grams butter, melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Darrell Lea Rocklea Road Honeycomb (or another type of your choice). This is used for the filling too.
- 500g (one block) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup cream
- Juice from half a lemon (add rind if you’d like)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Combine crushed biscuits, melted butter and coconut.
- Chop 1-2 rows of chocolate and mix in.
- Press base into your desired pan, chill.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in gelatine mixture until just combined.
- Add cream, lemon juice (rind if using) and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Chop the majority of your chocolate block (I saved an additional 1-2 rows to decorate at the end) and fold into your filling mixture.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan, on top of the base and refrigerate for at least three hours or overnight.
- Decorate with remaining chocolate and serve immediately. Fresh raspberries would also go nicely.
Download this podcast here