FLOODED ROADS: Drivers urged to take care after heavy rain overnight
Drivers are being urged to take care as roads are flooded across Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast this morning.
A flood watch remains in place for coastal catchments between Noosa and the NSW border.
Since 9am yesterday, Upper Springbrook received 133mm of rain, Malaney 142mm and Mount Glorious 136mm of rain.
Brisbane’s had around 60mm.
A hazardous surf warning also remains in place for the Fraser Island Coast, Sunshine Coast Waters and Gold Coast Waters.
137 roads are currently impacted by flooding.
LIST OF FLOODED ROADS:
- Mott Street, Brendale
- Moore Road, Kurwongbah
- Buchanan Road, Leda Boulevard and William Berry Drive Morayfield
- John Street and Kinsellas Road West and also Maryvale Road, Mango Hill
- Youngs Crossing Road, Petrie
- Hunt Road at Lindsay Road, Burpengary
- Hume Road, Caboolture
- Old Gympie Road at Six Mile Creek, Elimbah
- Paradise Road, Larapinta
- Hotham Creek Road, Willow Vale
- Siganto Drive Between Grey Gum Drive and Helensvale Road, Helensvale
- Clagiraba Road at Coomera River, Clagiraba
- Multiple roads impacted by flash flooding around the Sunshine Coast – Beerwah, Peachester, Glass House Mountains
Flooded roads around Brisbane and Sunshine Coast as at 6am this morning. #floodedforgetit
— Olympia Kwitowski (@OlympiaKwitowsk) April 5, 2021
Olympia Kwitowski updates Spencer Howson on 4BC Breakfast on the latest on the flooded roads:
Widespread totals of 50-100mm across #SEQLD overnight, with many places cracking the 100mm mark. Mt Glorious picking up a whopping 163mm.
— Justin Noonan (@NoonanJustin) April 5, 2021