Cooking with Sarah
Michael McLaren is joined by Sarah Boorer, Nine Radio Journalist & Country Women’s Association award-winning cook, to look at the world of baked goods, delicious treats and & easy recipes.
This week Sarah looks at Lavosh and hummus
Lavosh 2 1/2 cups plain flour 1 tsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt 2/3 cup water 1 egg white 2 tbl butter, melted 2 egg whites, beaten Sesame seeds, salt or herbs (to garnish) Method
1. Preheat the oven to 160-170 degrees fan forced.
2. In a large bowl, mix together, flour, sugar and salt.
3. Add water, 1 egg white and melted butter; mix well to make a stiff dough. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 10 balls. Roll each ball (with a rolling pin or substitute ) on a lightly floured surface until paper thin. Cut into desired shape.
5. Place onto a baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds (or garnish of choice).
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
Download this podcast here