Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

News Corp and Telstra sign on Foxtel-Fox Sports merger

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation and Telstra have signed agreements which will see Foxtel and Fox Sports merge to become a single company by the end of June.

This comes three months after the competition regulator dropped its initial opposition to the deal.

The Murdoch-controlled publisher currently owns 100% of Fox Sports, while Foxtel is a 50/50 joint-venture between News Corp and Telstra.

Under the new deal, News Corp will own a 65% stake and Telstra the other 35%.

Ross Greenwood speaks with Foxtel CEO Patrick Delaney.

“Our subscribers will get a better service.

“It’s about bringing the best content to the consumer.”

Listen to the full interview below 

Advertisement