Queensland snake catcher hospitalised after bite from eastern brown snake
A snake catcher has survived after being bitten by an eastern brown snake in Queensland.
Tony Harrison was removing the venomous snake from under the air conditioning unit of a Gold Coast home when it lashed out at him.
He was quickly hospitalised but has since been released.
Mr Harrison tells Mark Levy it was particularly frightening because he had already been bitten by an eastern brown snake 18 years ago.
“I now suffer from anaphylaxis and the doctors have told me numerous times if I get another bite it will possibly be my last, and when that happened it was scarier for me than your average eastern brown bite.”
Click PLAY below to hear the full interview