Python saved after eating a slipper in Brisbane home
Image and details thanks to The Courier Mail
A snake that swallowed a slipper in a Brisbane suburban home has been saved by a Queensland vet.
As reported in The Courier Mail, the two-metre carpet python was brought in to Greencross Vets after being grabbed by a snake catcher at Mount Ommaney.
Vet Josh Llinas spent more than an hour cutting the slipper out of the snake and saving the reptile’s life.
“Sometimes you can remove the foreign bodies… by helping them move it up the digestive tract and out of the mouth,” he told The Courier Mail.
“This was just way too big and it wasn’t going to come out.”
The snake will spend the next six to eight weeks in recovery.