- 4BC Breakfast Interviews
- 4BC Mornings Interviews
- 4BC Afternoons Interviews
- 4BC Drive Interviews
- 4BC Sports Today Interviews
- 4BC Breakfast Weekends Blog
- 4BC Fresh on Sunday Interviews
- 4BC Your Home Interviews
- 4BC Health & Wellbeing Interviews
- 4BC Saturday Night Live Interviews
- 4BC Blog
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
4BC Online: A large storm came and wrecked havoc in Brisbane on Thursday afternoon, here are some pictures of the aftermath of the Brisbane storm.
4BC Online: After the recent sultry weather, a large storm is approaching Brisbane from the South. Keep up to date with all the vision from around the city here.
hail at the grange... pic.twitter.com/hnBtaoFyAL— Patrick Condren (@PatrickCondren) November 27, 2014
4BC Online: Cricketer Phillip Hughes has died in a Sydney hospital two days after being hit by a bouncer. Cricket Australia confirmed the former Test batsman had died in St Vincents Hospital. Leave your tribute for the family here.
A major operation targeting drugs and the Rebels Criminal Motorcycle Gang in southeast Queensland have resulted in 75 people arrested and more than $500,000 in cash and drugs including ice and cocaine have been seized.
The raid searched over 70 properties in Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast yesterday and Eight Rebel gang members have been charged.
Charges include drug trafficking, supply of dangerous drugs and theft of motor vehicles.
More arrests are expected over the coming days.
Whole string of Rebels and associates fronting Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning on drugs charges. Police opposing bail @brisbanetimes— Kristian Silva (@kristian_silva) November 26, 2014
The Court of Appeal in Brisbane will today hear Brett Peter Cowan's appeal against his conviction for the murder of Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morcombe in March this year.
Justice Roslyn Atkinson sentenced Cowan to a life in prison, with a non-parole period of 20 years, but said she was not in the view that he should not be released in 20 years time but "that is not in my control".
The 44-year-old paedophile was convicted in part because of a recorded confession to undercover police who posed as part of a criminal gang, an investigation technique, dubbed "Mr Big", developed in Canada.
Cowan's lawyers will argue the jury should have never heard his confession, and that the media was biased while covering the trial.
Daniel Morcombe's father, Bruce, spoke to media outside the court this morning saying the appeal is a legal test to see whether Cowan's conviction was fair.
Mother of Daniel, Denise Morcombe labelled the appeal as a "waste of taxpayers' money".
"Why has he got a chance to appeal? I mean I know that's the law, but it's a waste of taxpayers' money," she said.
"Ask Daniel if it's fair," he said.
Bruce and Denise Morcombe are seated in court as Lawyers for Daniel's killer appeal his conviction @NewsTalk4BC— Johanna Marie (@JohannaMarie_) November 26, 2014
The appeal is expected to run over two days and will be heard by Chief Justice Tim Carmody, Justice Margaret McMurdo and Justice Hugh Fraser.
4BC Drive: Cowan's appeal is based on the legitimacy of the sting operation that got his confession.
Cowan’s lawyers are arguing that his confession should be ruled inadmissible based on a decision from Canada’s High Court in July.
The court ruled evidence gained from Mr Big stings, the kind that caught out Cowan are unreliable.
Criminal lawyer Bill Potts, told 4BC Drive overseas precedents can be persuasive in cases here, but in other states this type of sting is lawful.
"The evidence act in Queensland does not go as far as the legislation in other states hence the question the court is being asked to determine".
Potts says there is no precedent of such a case in Queensland and the the case may not end with this appeal.
"The court of appeal is going to have to test it and depending on which way the go it could end up in the High Court of Australia".