- 4BC Breakfast Interviews
- 4BC Mornings Interviews
- 4BC Afternoons Interviews
- 4BC Drive Interviews
- 4BC Sports Today Interviews
- 4BC The Lounge Interviews
- 4BC Gardening Interviews
- 4BC Fresh on Sunday Interviews
- 4BC Your Home Interviews
- 4BC Outback and Bay Interviews
- 4BC Health and Wellbeing Interviews
- 4BC Good Relations Interviews
- 4BC Saturday Night Live Interviews
- 4BC Blog
What we're talking about
- Tea & Symphony on Do you need health insurance? Have paid into private health fund for 40 years. I estimate I've paid around $35,000. In that time I've claimed approx ... more
- Paula Williamson on Gardens for small backyards Very helpful segment more
- Jean on Hiring a professional for dad This paragraph provides clear idea in support of the new viewers of blogging, that actually how to do running a blog. more
- Michael on Hiring a professional for dad After Grandpa's liaison with the depicted silhouetted siren, he'll need both the NDIS and Intensive Care.But he will go out ... more
- Andrew B on Serious on serial hoons It was an interesting interview between Gary and the Police Minister, both highlighted a difference between "hoon" and ... more
- Bob Lord on Serious on serial hoons I was a bit lucky a few nights ago when a couple of young blokes decided to do a wheelie in my street at 1.30am. They lost ... more
- Rich no more! on Serious on serial hoons With every new law comes exceptions to accomodate the "poor poor pitiful me" appeals sector endorsed by our leniant ... more
- "send them all to coventry" on How is the media changing? War baby WW2,gen x and next gen all these generations are the same pathetic creature..money hungry,selfish and lacking in ... more
- forget bill gates try the rich cops on How is the media changing? WELL FIRSTLY DO SOME DIGGING ON WHY COPPERS GET PAID $115 PER HOUR FOR SPECIAL SERVICESSEE COURIER MAIL ARTICLE KYLIE LANGIs ... more
- James Lynch on How is the media changing? A very good example of how the media is changing us as follows: I was on holiday Melbourne on the day of the queen st ... more
- Michael on How is the media changing? The print media will always have an edge on online news and entertainment.Remember you have to walk to the footpath or ... more
- Rich on Australia in the year 2100 When will the world decide that this planet cannot sustain the continued population growth.Glad I won't be around to see ... more
- Ronny Of Brighton QLD on How do cyclones form? Sandra is presently located at 163e 18s and looks like getting closer to the south east of Queensland.If it continues we ... more
- Michael on Australia in the year 2100 By 2100 the NBN will still being rolled out. more
- Jim Jaeger on Bullied teacher's story second round! well done Karen. Still awsome. Go Go Go! more
- Michael on Electricity revenue rort Energy Newspeak."Be Energy Wise": BYO Candles"ACDC":All Cash Demands Considered."Peak Hours":24/7"Tariffs":Tearoffs more
- kernel fritz on Electricity revenue rort All I can say is BLOODY CORPORATE GREED !!! more
- tigerturflandscape on Bulb gardening guide There are many forms of gardening, bulb gardening being one of them. Each and every different form of gardening helps to ... more
- Genevieve on Eat your street I've been to a number of Green Dean's events. Really interesting and inspiring. Growing my own vegies now thanks to him. more
- Michael on Urals' meteoroids explained Just read reports of spectacular fire ball sightings over Cuba and US,reprising last Friday's scary skyshow over Russia. ... more
4BC Talking Gardening: Helene Kingsley from Lords school in Pimpana joins Clair Levander to discuss the success of their school garden.
Helene’s passion for the school garden is inspiring for all the children and she is amazed how involved they all are. With a need to enhance the garden with compost, Angus Stewart from Gardening Australia joins Clair and Helene with a surprise!
Tumbleweed are donating a compost tumbler for the school. Helene can’t wait to tell the children and she is sure that they will start collecting straight away so that the compost will be ready for when they return in 2014.
Angus and Clair discuss the importance of composting and how Tumbleweed have really taken their product to the next level where you can even download a lesson plan from their website. http://www.tumbleweed.com.au/Education.aspx
Listen and comment now
4BC Talking Gardening: Mark Clements Author joins Clair Levander to talk about his new book called ‘Allure of Orchids’.
Mark is also head of the orchid research group at the Centre for the Australian National Biodiversity Research at the Australian National Herbarium and shares his passion for the largest group of flowering plants on earth.
If you would like a copy of ‘Allure of Orchids’, you can purchase it from the National Library of Australia, also at all good book stores or online at http://bookshop.nla.gov.au
4BC Talking Gardening: Cr Matthew Bourke, Environment Chair from Brisbane City Council joins Clair Levander to talk about Roma Street Parklands and its volunteers.
Roma Street Parkland covers 16 hectares right in the centre of Brisbane, the largest urban subtropical garden in the world. Volunteers play an important role in maintaining the beautiful gardens to world class standards.
The 90 odd volunteers not only provide guided tours, they get their hands dirty by gardening as well. Some of the volunteers are even lucky enough to drive the trackless train.
This wonderful scheme is hoped to be rolled out to Southbank.
Full training is provided and after a simple induction, volunteers are ready to assist. The Parklands is always looking for volunteers and if you would like to find out more, contact council on 3403 8888
Listen and comment now.
4BC Talking Gardening: Jennifer Stackhouse - Author joins Clair Levander to talk discuss the recent bushfires in NSW and the devastation caused.
Jennifer stresses the importance of being prepared.
Living within a close proximity, she became pro-active and cleaned up the area around her house and filled her gutters with water.
Jennifer also recommends downloading the ‘FireReady app’ alert.
For more information http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/fireready-app/
4BC Talking Gardening: Sidonie Carpenter landscape architect and designer from Green Canopy joins Clair Levander to discuss plant selection for the garden.
Together they explore how gardeners make wrong choices and things they should consider when choosing plants for their garden. Sidonie offers advice when choosing plants and gives an insight into a couple of her favourites
Listen and comment now