- Carbon tax price hike
- Oddest Olympic events ever!
- The Heiner Affair
- Motel prostitute case paves way for sex workers
- Geoff Gallop: politics, society and self
- Carol's home-grown cold cure
- Prostitute wins right to work from motel
- Is the exclusive 'white picnic' fair?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laraine Sheers on Dr Carole Hungerford on MS Hi Carole,I listen to you on 4BC and most of the time agree, but I missed this one on MS and just checked it out ... more
- Danny Kohut on Dr Carole Hungerford Hi Dr. Carol.I missed most of your segment with Grge carey last week where you spoke about the connection between copper and ... more
- Sarah on Haydn Sargent on 4BC's 80th Hayden was a person that had a huge impact on my life. I will never forget him or his wife, Norma. I wish his family all ... more
- bcaa benefits on PM Rudd defends tax reform A motivating community is just worth statement. I really think you'll must publish more regarding the subject, may well not ... more
- martin on Bankrupt Nick D'Arcy now on Euro ... Give me a break Australia. Toll poppy syndrome alive and well. The guys and girls that busted their guts to represent us, ... more
- Nigel Hall on Bankrupt Nick D'Arcy now on Euro ... Nick Darcy must pay his court penallty to Simon Cowley. Bankruptcy is the cowards way out!!!He should never have been ... more
- d. scott on Carol's home-grown cold cure How do i get Carol's home-grown cold cure more
- lyn Morrow on Carol's home-grown cold cure Wanting Dr Hungerfords flu remedy try to get it from this website but unsuccessful please email in return. Thanks Lyn more
- alex higgins on Fair Go for our veterans I agree with all you've said air vice marshal . keep at them . when i look at our MP.s and pensioners I cannot stop[ ... more
- ANTHONY SMITH on The Heiner Affair I may be wrong in interpreting what Carmody said but I think he has just let the genie out of the bottle. There have been ... more
- Marie on Prostitute wins right to work from motel A sex worker wants to set up shop in a Queensland motel, and there isnâ??t a thing the proprietor can do about it. The sex ... more
- Neil Boulton on Fair Go for our veterans Rather than arguing for your support in the Defence Force fight for fair indexation I will present one fact and let you ... more
- Mike Powell on Fair Go for our veterans Peter Criss seems to be a lone voice crying in the wilderness. The sad fact appears to be that the average Australian ... more
- andy on Motel prostitute case paves way for sex ... So Campbell Newman wants to take the livelyhood away from yet another Queenslander? He's getting pretty good at doing that. ... more
- ShazzR on Carol's home-grown cold cure FAntastic thanks for the alternative to drugs will be using this remedy instead. more
- John Blayney-Murphy on Fair Go for our veterans An utter disgrace by government after government. I have so far been assured by family members (nephews nieces etc) and ... more
- dazza on Fair Go for our veterans DFRDB was 5.5% of pre taxable income for the serviceman. If the serviceman did not complete 20+ years to receive a pension ... more
- margo Hooper on Carol's home-grown cold cure how do you get dr Hungerford flu tips more
- just me on Is the exclusive 'white picnic' fair? An evening of decorum and etiquette? Pretentious? Moi? more
- andy on Prostitute wins right to work from motel How is it the Australian Family Associations, or the hoteliers business what a paying customer does in the privacy of the ... more
Which way to sway?
Author and senior columnist from The Australian, George Megalogenis, joins Greg Cary to try and crunch the numbers on public opinion in the up-and-coming election. With a 'negative vote' being pitched by each side, people are finding it hard to choose.
Balance of power should never be in the hands of minority groups...
but this IS Australia.
If you have been scewed over by a minority, then you truly are an Australian.Richard Friday 20 August, 2010 - 1:34 PM
Actually the preference voting system is the only true democratic voting system. The only other voting system which brings about a true result of the will of the people is the attrition system, but this system requires that the voters go to the poles numerous times, unless of course there is only two candidates to start with.
What is required to bring back the pure form of the system is to not have Preference Direction on the HOW-TO-VOTE cards.
Education of the populace to know that all the squares in sequential numbers must be filled in in the order of preference of the candidates. To truly explain how to number a ballot paper, there should be examples of how the ballots are counted, this education process will have the advantage of quelling all the myths also.
The Senate ballot paper will have to have the ability to vote above the line removed. We the voters will just have to bother ourselves to fill in all the squares. The Independent Groups or Party affiliation Groups should still be listed together and identified as such.
There will be no neeed to make preference deals which hinge on pre-arranged undertakings, so therefore the honesty of the electoral system is even more so assured.Amy Friday 6 August, 2010 - 6:25 PM
The choice is clear.
Labor will as usual will relay on their mates the Tree-huggers to get them over the line.
That has been the case for years.
The voting system we currently have is engineered to allow a loser to win through preference voting.
Both Liberal and Labor concocted the preference voting system.
Mandatory voting is from the dark ages and should be removed.
The candidate with the most votes win not some loser who get preferences from another party.Ronny Eaton Monday 2 August, 2010 - 8:00 AM