- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Yet another new political party
4BC Summer Mornings: Maverick Gold Coast MP Alex Douglas is setting up a new political party and wants to poach dissatisfied members of the LNP and Labor.
Alex Douglas talks to John Scott about his decision to form a new State Political Party and responds to criticism that he should give up his seat as he is no longer a member of the LNP.
Mick, I agree, if they step aside a bi-election should be called. Also Bob Lord get back in your box, as you have pointed out in the past, Gillard was democratically elected under our constitution, even though she cobbled together a minority government while having fewer seats than the conservatives, and that we are only upset because we did not like the result. Same goes with Cambell Newman; he was overwhelmingly democratically elected and has the right to see out his term. So stop calling for an election you hypocrite.CRY FREEDOM Friday 4 January, 2013 - 9:09 AM
Hey Bob how about you sit back and figure out how you voted several times knowing full well the miscariage justice to a minor who was pack raped under the control of the people you vote for so many times that is labor for you.mick Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 6:57 PM
A law should be passed where candidates at election time present themselves as a member of a political party then resign from that party after election as being deceptive and misleading the electorate or just plain electorate fraud at its worst. They should face a byelection to retain thier seat and to remain in parliment. This would eliminate a lot of election fraud.mick Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 6:51 PM
This is fantastic. The right wing looneys are fragmenting, devouring each other and self immolating.
How many will lose the plot this year because CanLie has no idea how to manage people. Cripes imagine the little bloke trying to manage a minority government like Ms Gillard. No hope.Bob Lord Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM
Someone voted these yokels in. Stand up and reveal yourselves! You are accountable for these amateurs continuously trying to take us back 50 years.
Election Now!Bob Lord Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 2:03 PM
OLD National Party SOUR GRAPES at not being able to completely take over the whole Government.
The Premier is simply exercising the right of the elected members to act independently of the Political Party GREY-SUITS and back room faceless power brokers, which are mostly OLD Nationals.
If watched for what it was the Nationals did not, in their minds, amalgamate. The Nationals were in the reality of their own minds staging a take-over.
This is evident in the way a lot of long standing Liberal Party members have been treated by what is now the LNP (mostly OLD Nationals) hierarchy.Amy Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 6:18 AM