- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Will they have to go back?
President Family Law Practitioner Association and Principle at DA Family Lawyers, Deborah Awyzio speaks with Greg Cary about latest developments for Girls resisting returning to Italy.
It has been reported that these girls had no legal representation in the Family Court hearings, hardly fair is it not. But a High Court Hearing possibly in August may offer them some justice. Seems to me JOC that the previous two court cases may of erred in their judgements or perhaps did not pay enough attention to the rights of these Australian kids.mick Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 8:28 AM
Now that the children have been taken into custody lets see how they treat these kid's citizenship rights for they are Australian citizens, will they at least treat them the same as they do the crimminals claiming refugee status. Or will they uphold another country's findings ahead of our own legal obligations.mick Tuesday 22 May, 2012 - 11:37 AM
What a can of worms!! But while everyone argues the legal situation, very few seem worried about the children. While the kids were born in Italy their mother is an Australian. That makes the kids Aussies too. Surely that means they come under Australian legal jurisdiction too?
The girls have said publicly that they want to stay here. And while I don't believe their claims that their father abused them, I do think they have the right to choose which parent they want to stay with.
The pity of all this is the bad behaviour of the mother. She has denigrated the father and tried to turn her girls against him. So she is no angel either.
Let's hope sanity prevails and the girls' wishes are respected. Sometimes, the law truly is blind and as a result innocents get hurt. Think about the children!Mike Holt Monday 21 May, 2012 - 6:29 AM
Mick, erm:- have you looked at this case at all? You don't appear to have even a passing understanding of it. Good starting point, the internets.John of Caloundra Friday 18 May, 2012 - 3:39 PM
Steve I have not seen or heard anyone actually having a crack at the father to be determined as charactor assasination, with the exception of the early statements supposedly from the kids involved as reported in the paper. Real question is which court has given custody of the children to the father was it an Italian court if so on what basis, was it the Australian Family Court backing up the Italian court judgement or was it for other reasons given the children have Australian citizenship and a desire to stay in Australia and also they have Italian citizenship, which of the citizenships is the main one it is time Australia got rid of dual citizenship. Whilst the family court is based on useage and not on precendent, we have seen this situation before in getting kids from other countries and they stayed in Australia. The courts have a dilema in that should it be about a particular parent's rights or the rights of the children who are now in Australia with an Australian parent and are all australian citizens. It seems a contradiction where they will not send Crimminals claiming to be refugees back to where they come from but are willing to send Australian children back. Additionally when we look at Assnage another who's sovereign rights have been trampled by this government.mick Friday 18 May, 2012 - 2:30 PM
And just this morning the mother openely expressed her contempt for the judicial system.
It's starting to become a reality TV show.
Although we live in the age of the information superhighway, some people would still prefer to have their news dished to them with a little bit of sugar and spice from the same source everyday.Richard Friday 18 May, 2012 - 7:21 AM