- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Weak job rate: blame Qld
4BC News: Acting Employment Minister Kate Ellis has blamed an increase in the national unemployment rate on Queensland's conservative government.
Queensland's unemployment rate rose to 6.2 per cent while the national rate climbed to 5.4 per cent, the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported on Thursday.
The unemployment rate in Queensland stood at 5.5 per cent when the Liberal National Party's Campbell Newman came to power in March 2012.
Mr Newman's time as premier has been marked by massive public sector job losses.
Ms Ellis said the data told a very sad story about Queenslanders.
"Regrettably, more than 22,000 Queenslanders found themselves out of a job this Christmas (while) across the rest of the country, jobs grew," she told reporters in Adelaide.
"Were it not for the Queensland job losses, the unemployment rate today would have actually fallen to 5.2 per cent rather than slightly rising."
Since the election of the Newman government, 65 jobs losses have been lost each day, Ms Ellis said.
"In contrast, since the federal government came to office, we have created more than 800,000 jobs. We've grown the economy by 13.2 per cent and labour productivity has risen by 6.5 per cent."
The minister acknowledged the national unemployment rate was expected to rise further but that joblessness in Australia would remain low by international standards.
"What we are seeing is that the Australian economy has bucked the trend which has impacted on most of the developed world since the GFC and we expect that to remain the case," she said.
Fedup, I wonder where you get the information from, that backs up your claim that "Queensland has been fairly stable since then" given that you stated that the last report released by the ABS is the Aug 2012 Qtr report. I expect that both the Employment Minister and the Shadow Minister have access to more up to date figures than we do, don't you agree?James W Monday 21 January, 2013 - 11:36 AM
Duh the reports come out quarterly and the latest isn't avaiable yet, plus Queensland has been fairly stable since thenFed Up of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:54 PM
Fedup, your 5 months behind the game, it's now Jan 2013.James W Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:11 PM
I wonder where Kate gets her information from.
According to the ABS in the August 2012 quarter the highest actual job losses were in Melbourne Sydney and Adelaide.Fedup of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:58 PM
Is she playing school teacher here ? wtf she hasn't even got the facts right. No wonder our kids are not being educated properly and the education system needs an over haul.my say Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Hey roger stop pulling your pud mate what makes you right on every subject ?haven't seen much enlightenment in your comments...do you live in woodridge by chance you seem an expert on this onedexter dog says Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:29 PM