- Ford a "kick in the guts"
- Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC
- New schools for Queensland
- Party precinct: failed
- The Doors keyboardist Manzarek dies
- IR changes opposed
- Waiting for 'little mate' to wake
- Breathing difficulties, sleep
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" Oh dear RichardJust watching our very own fiscal twit Nicholls stating that a raft of taxes will be rising in Queensland in ... more
- bespectacled on New schools for Queensland How about using the fv school for a library and buy the adjacent commercial buildings to add to the school oval for leisure ... more
- ArtG on New flood tax planned I knowwwww, mick, I knoowwww... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" OK Richard, fair enough.The bloke who wants to run the country doesn't need to have a vision or plans for when he gets ... more
- jaycee on Ford a "kick in the guts" my vishion 20/20,roberto earldomo, is maybe a bit on the blue side but overall I'm sitting pretty here on a north shore ... more
- mick on New flood tax planned Artg she certainly did not want them to die of thirst so she opened up Wivenhoe and flooded Brisbane trying to drown them. more
- Richard on Ford a "kick in the guts" Bob, you seem to be changing canoes mid stream and now paddling the other way.BTW Tony Abbott is not running the country.A ... more
- mick on Ford a "kick in the guts" The majority of Australians do know that they do have good plans and visions for all Australians, you are just too stupid to ... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" TSK TSKThose silly Ford people not having a good business plan hey Tony. Fabulous hindsight once again from you.Ya got a ... more
- David T. on Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC Anyone with an analogue TV can buy a Digital set-top box. If you're on a full Govt. pension, you might get a box for free ... more
- David T. on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Adam, Google them under Rick Milne Collectables and Shields Stamps and Coins. Both are in Victoria. I'm sure you'll find the ... more
- Adam on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Can someone please provide me Rick Milne and Tony Shields email address so we can contact them.Thanks more
- kernel fudpucker on IR changes opposed All smoke and mirrors. They all lie in the same BED !! more
- kernel fudpucker on New schools for Queensland Private companies?? There's only one, SERCO!!!. Do your research, SHEEPLE !!!! more
- kernel fudpucker on New flood tax planned How about a (POLITCAL FAILURE TAX) Payed back to the people, set at 200% more
- Kattie on $5 to browse Coorparoo store Perhaps, we've been now excited to have the actual dad's or mom's early morning hours ingest. Listed here is a lack of yet ... more
- single slot toasters review on Amalfi Coast Recpies I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as if some of the ... more
- Richard on Party precinct: failed Can not think of a time in the entire history of mankind where alcohol consumption has not led to etiquette hell.Let it ... more
- hospitality is dead or rather never was on Party precinct: failed Get rid of hositality and its segeregation /and age groupdiscrimination practices and it might just bring back boomers and ... more
- Gayle on New schools for Queensland Now this is called good Government and forward planning, the demographics have changed and there are more families with ... more
Weak job rate: blame Qld
4BC News: Acting Employment Minister Kate Ellis has blamed an increase in the national unemployment rate on Queensland's conservative government.
Queensland's unemployment rate rose to 6.2 per cent while the national rate climbed to 5.4 per cent, the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported on Thursday.
The unemployment rate in Queensland stood at 5.5 per cent when the Liberal National Party's Campbell Newman came to power in March 2012.
Mr Newman's time as premier has been marked by massive public sector job losses.
Ms Ellis said the data told a very sad story about Queenslanders.
"Regrettably, more than 22,000 Queenslanders found themselves out of a job this Christmas (while) across the rest of the country, jobs grew," she told reporters in Adelaide.
"Were it not for the Queensland job losses, the unemployment rate today would have actually fallen to 5.2 per cent rather than slightly rising."
Since the election of the Newman government, 65 jobs losses have been lost each day, Ms Ellis said.
"In contrast, since the federal government came to office, we have created more than 800,000 jobs. We've grown the economy by 13.2 per cent and labour productivity has risen by 6.5 per cent."
The minister acknowledged the national unemployment rate was expected to rise further but that joblessness in Australia would remain low by international standards.
"What we are seeing is that the Australian economy has bucked the trend which has impacted on most of the developed world since the GFC and we expect that to remain the case," she said.
Fedup, I wonder where you get the information from, that backs up your claim that "Queensland has been fairly stable since then" given that you stated that the last report released by the ABS is the Aug 2012 Qtr report. I expect that both the Employment Minister and the Shadow Minister have access to more up to date figures than we do, don't you agree?James W Monday 21 January, 2013 - 11:36 AM
Duh the reports come out quarterly and the latest isn't avaiable yet, plus Queensland has been fairly stable since thenFed Up of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:54 PM
Fedup, your 5 months behind the game, it's now Jan 2013.James W Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:11 PM
I wonder where Kate gets her information from.
According to the ABS in the August 2012 quarter the highest actual job losses were in Melbourne Sydney and Adelaide.Fedup of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:58 PM
Is she playing school teacher here ? wtf she hasn't even got the facts right. No wonder our kids are not being educated properly and the education system needs an over haul.my say Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Hey roger stop pulling your pud mate what makes you right on every subject ?haven't seen much enlightenment in your comments...do you live in woodridge by chance you seem an expert on this onedexter dog says Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:29 PM