- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Weak job rate: blame Qld
4BC News: Acting Employment Minister Kate Ellis has blamed an increase in the national unemployment rate on Queensland's conservative government.
Queensland's unemployment rate rose to 6.2 per cent while the national rate climbed to 5.4 per cent, the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported on Thursday.
The unemployment rate in Queensland stood at 5.5 per cent when the Liberal National Party's Campbell Newman came to power in March 2012.
Mr Newman's time as premier has been marked by massive public sector job losses.
Ms Ellis said the data told a very sad story about Queenslanders.
"Regrettably, more than 22,000 Queenslanders found themselves out of a job this Christmas (while) across the rest of the country, jobs grew," she told reporters in Adelaide.
"Were it not for the Queensland job losses, the unemployment rate today would have actually fallen to 5.2 per cent rather than slightly rising."
Since the election of the Newman government, 65 jobs losses have been lost each day, Ms Ellis said.
"In contrast, since the federal government came to office, we have created more than 800,000 jobs. We've grown the economy by 13.2 per cent and labour productivity has risen by 6.5 per cent."
The minister acknowledged the national unemployment rate was expected to rise further but that joblessness in Australia would remain low by international standards.
"What we are seeing is that the Australian economy has bucked the trend which has impacted on most of the developed world since the GFC and we expect that to remain the case," she said.
Fedup, I wonder where you get the information from, that backs up your claim that "Queensland has been fairly stable since then" given that you stated that the last report released by the ABS is the Aug 2012 Qtr report. I expect that both the Employment Minister and the Shadow Minister have access to more up to date figures than we do, don't you agree?James W Monday 21 January, 2013 - 11:36 AM
Duh the reports come out quarterly and the latest isn't avaiable yet, plus Queensland has been fairly stable since thenFed Up of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 4:54 PM
Fedup, your 5 months behind the game, it's now Jan 2013.James W Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:11 PM
I wonder where Kate gets her information from.
According to the ABS in the August 2012 quarter the highest actual job losses were in Melbourne Sydney and Adelaide.Fedup of Hypocrites Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:58 PM
Is she playing school teacher here ? wtf she hasn't even got the facts right. No wonder our kids are not being educated properly and the education system needs an over haul.my say Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:35 PM
Hey roger stop pulling your pud mate what makes you right on every subject ?haven't seen much enlightenment in your comments...do you live in woodridge by chance you seem an expert on this onedexter dog says Friday 18 January, 2013 - 1:29 PM