- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Virgin set to leave Brisbane
4BC Breakfast: Virgin Australia is reportedly threatening to pull out of Brisbane, due to an apparent lack of support from the state government. Assistant to the Minister for Public Transport Steve Minnikin joins Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast.
Roger, the governments of the day watched Ansett get bought up, sold raped and pillaged by Air New Zealand. They did not lift a finger to help Australian fledging airlines like Compass 1 and 2, Impulse etc fill the void. But Peter Beattie gave tax cuts to lure Virgin to Queensland. This is the party for the people, the strugglers, the down trodden, gave tax cuts to an international rich man. The hypocrisy is that anytime the conservative looked like giving the business sector a tax break, the ALP are all over them saying they are just helping the top elite. If they where really the party for the people, they would have supported fledging Australian airlines and achieved the same low airfare result. If Virgin goes, good riddens. Also I find it ironic that with all the child molesters charged and sentenced within the ALP, they support an airline with the name of Virgin. Shows where there mind set is.Amy Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:01 PM
Cry, how much do you think you would be paying for a ticket on your 'Australian Icon' if Virgin wasn't around for competition....ah the good old days when only the well heeled could afford to fly.roger Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:17 AM
Roger, I never flew Peter Beatties Virgin tax break foreign airline, I have always been patriotic and either flew Ansett, Compass 1 and 2 when they existed and now Qantas. Thank goodness that Newman is supporting an Australian icon.CRY FREEDOM Monday 17 December, 2012 - 2:02 AM
They are threatening to pull out does not mean they have. I do not remember Virgin complaining two years ago I wonder if the Bligh government supported Virgin any more this government.mick Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:31 PM
Don't airports come under federal juristiction Bob?
Virgin are using Bullying tactics and Can Can is staying resillient.
Unlike that economic prostitute and vandal that was in George St last year.
Remember that the state needs rebuilding after being torched by BlighRich Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:52 PM
I bet Mick,Dick,Cry,gayle and co. never fly Virgin again... boy, that Cando sure can, can't he!roger Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:25 PM