- Doug Murray passes
- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Suzanne Myers on Boland back for Brisbane Is there going to be a Lions supporters breakfast next weekat springwood more
- Richad Read on Boland back for Brisbane Warren did major Games commentary work for me in the 1990s so I am well aware of his professionalism. I was stunned when I ... more
- Mike Gordon on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thank you 4BC for bringing the CCT back. I for one did write to 4BC management when the decision to take the CCT program ... more
- Carly Melville on DrinkWise with Susie O'Neill Professional practise review;The campaign assumes that this demographic have the knowledge and ability to judge their ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
Vale, Haydn Sargent
4BC News: Long-time 4BC Mornings announcer Haydn Sargent passed away this morning at the age of 77.
Sargent's daughter, Leisa Sargent, tells station management that he passed away peacefully after a long illness.
Listen: Greg Cary with Sally Chester-Law.
Listen: Greg Cary with Hayden Sargent celebrating 4BC's 80th birthday.
Haydn was one of the driving forces behind the establishment of Radio Lollipop in Brisbane. In 1989 he initiated the first combined Brisbane radio stations fund raising event and through his efforts helped raise over $100,000 in just one day!
This funding meant the sick children in Brisbane could enjoy the benefits of Radio Lollipop for the last 22 years.
On their behalf we thank Haydn. One of his legacies will be the many, many smiles of sick children in hospital in Qld.
Chairman, Radio Lollipop International
Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it's new to
me. Anyhow, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back
regularly!Lewis Saturday 18 May, 2013 - 6:43 PM
Every morning for years I turned on 4BC to listen to Haydn. I often rang in. It made my day so much brighter, I hardly noticed the housework I'd got through while listening to you. My radio never left my side, so much so it fell in the washing machine twice. Thanks Haydn, you made a difference to so many people.Norma Kawak Monday 18 March, 2013 - 10:24 PM
To an amazing, compassionate & generous man.As a past teacher of Kenmore State High School if anything needed support & printing Haydn did it As President of the P&C his leadership was invaluable & he also saw the big picture. In my own personal life, he gave me invaluable support & advice when I lost my husband to cancer. We shared a few literary quotes. Thank you Haydn & may you rest in peace.VALE DEAR FRIEND!,Marge Breitenbach Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 2:38 PM
On behalf of the family I would like to thank all of Dad's listeners and colleagues for the contribution that they made to his life. Such a rich and diverse one. In particular we have always been grateful, as was Dad, for the kindness and generosity that 4BC management gave us particularly when he was so unwell. Such kindness is never forgotten.Jennifer Sargent Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 12:47 PM
I go back even further than the Brisbane listeners. Hayden was captain of Wollongong High School in 1954 and also a member of the boys' debating team that won a prestigious competition at the time.He was gracious enough even then to thank the girls' team for the very in school competition we gave them prior to their win.He was a mature leader and a friend.Val Dolan Monday 18 February, 2013 - 10:20 AM
Haydn Sargeant was my saviour after emigrating from Ireland as I felt kind of lost and didn't know of anybody that could help if I needed it. Then I heard this lovely man on the radio helping everybody and it made me feel so safe after that. I never did ring Haydn but always knew he was there if I needed him. Rest in peace Haydn I am sure they will love your laugh in heaven.Anne Geraghty Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 12:41 PM