- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
Vale, Haydn Sargent
4BC News: Long-time 4BC Mornings announcer Haydn Sargent passed away this morning at the age of 77.
Sargent's daughter, Leisa Sargent, tells station management that he passed away peacefully after a long illness.
Listen: Greg Cary with Sally Chester-Law.
Listen: Greg Cary with Hayden Sargent celebrating 4BC's 80th birthday.
Haydn was one of the driving forces behind the establishment of Radio Lollipop in Brisbane. In 1989 he initiated the first combined Brisbane radio stations fund raising event and through his efforts helped raise over $100,000 in just one day!
This funding meant the sick children in Brisbane could enjoy the benefits of Radio Lollipop for the last 22 years.
On their behalf we thank Haydn. One of his legacies will be the many, many smiles of sick children in hospital in Qld.
Chairman, Radio Lollipop International
Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it's new to
me. Anyhow, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back
regularly!Lewis Saturday 18 May, 2013 - 6:43 PM
Every morning for years I turned on 4BC to listen to Haydn. I often rang in. It made my day so much brighter, I hardly noticed the housework I'd got through while listening to you. My radio never left my side, so much so it fell in the washing machine twice. Thanks Haydn, you made a difference to so many people.Norma Kawak Monday 18 March, 2013 - 10:24 PM
To an amazing, compassionate & generous man.As a past teacher of Kenmore State High School if anything needed support & printing Haydn did it As President of the P&C his leadership was invaluable & he also saw the big picture. In my own personal life, he gave me invaluable support & advice when I lost my husband to cancer. We shared a few literary quotes. Thank you Haydn & may you rest in peace.VALE DEAR FRIEND!,Marge Breitenbach Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 2:38 PM
On behalf of the family I would like to thank all of Dad's listeners and colleagues for the contribution that they made to his life. Such a rich and diverse one. In particular we have always been grateful, as was Dad, for the kindness and generosity that 4BC management gave us particularly when he was so unwell. Such kindness is never forgotten.Jennifer Sargent Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 12:47 PM
I go back even further than the Brisbane listeners. Hayden was captain of Wollongong High School in 1954 and also a member of the boys' debating team that won a prestigious competition at the time.He was gracious enough even then to thank the girls' team for the very in school competition we gave them prior to their win.He was a mature leader and a friend.Val Dolan Monday 18 February, 2013 - 10:20 AM
Haydn Sargeant was my saviour after emigrating from Ireland as I felt kind of lost and didn't know of anybody that could help if I needed it. Then I heard this lovely man on the radio helping everybody and it made me feel so safe after that. I never did ring Haydn but always knew he was there if I needed him. Rest in peace Haydn I am sure they will love your laugh in heaven.Anne Geraghty Saturday 16 February, 2013 - 12:41 PM