- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Up or down?
4BC Mornings: Recently released Australian property figures are sending mixed messages regarding the state of the Brisbane property market, neither confirming that it is recovering or still in the doldrums. 4BC's Real Estate expert, Kevin Turner, talks to Greg Cary to clear up the confusion.
Absolutley spot on post Phil, This current Labor party through association with minorities has itself now become a minority party that I believe will never again govern in its own right.
Instead of doing deals with the minor parties at the last election they should have done a deal with the Australian people and gone back to ther polls until we had a Government that could govern in its own right because clearly this minority thing is not working.
Let the people decide Ms Gillard. It's our country too.Richard Tuesday 6 September, 2011 - 7:25 AM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness of its people.
Not by its GDP and corporate profits.Richard Monday 5 September, 2011 - 2:27 PM
So in he latest Poll, 78% of the Australian electorate believe that the manner in which the Gillard led Athiestic Socialist Government of the Labour Party are not handling the
Illegal Immigrant situation
competently. Funny that eh, I'd love to know how the Poll questions were posed. Methinks that the Australian People are sick to death of the prattle espoused by the Bleeding Hearts who are forever forcing their opinions down the throat of we mere silent majority who are sick of the incompetence of Gillard and her Union backed cronies. At last the true feelings of the Australian People are known, fed up no doubt by the latest effort by Gillard to gift $400 million and 5000 Australian places at Centrelink to persons of unknown origin, not forgetting the ancillaries and infrastructure needed to keep them. Gillards and her Union backed Cabinet have shown their true colours, remembering of course that only 15% of the workforce are now Union Members. The Party of the People is no longer that, but a party being led by a woman who can only be described as a bully. Good onya Jules, you Madam are a complete and abject failure. Time to move on.Phil of Springwood Monday 5 September, 2011 - 8:36 AM
Whilst I own (or more precisely, the Bank owns) several properties, I don't think it is a bad thing for real estate prices to reduce or just stabilise. Real estate prices are absurd in this country, as too are the red tape costs like stamp duty, headworks contributions etc. and sadly, future generations will be generations of renters if values keep driving up. There must be better ways to generate wealth, like hard bloody work!Richard Ray Friday 2 September, 2011 - 8:06 PM
@ jackie:sorry but were already on our a$$!!!!!!The countrys already a deadman walking and I can't see any savior in plain sight!!!!!Whilst Krudd did spend the surplus like a drunken salior on a friday night and might I add was cheered on by the rest of the sniviling Grubs heading up the A.L.P as john says house prices aren't the domain of governments!!!!!!!The State government likes'em high if only to raise reveunee from stamp duty other wise I'd be looking at your local banks for the real answers!!!!!And yes I hate to say it but Johnno has it right for once!!!!!Westy Friday 2 September, 2011 - 7:42 PM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness and wellbeing of its people.
Happiness is typically measured using subjective measures - e.g. surveys - and/or objective measures. One concern has always been the accuracy and reliability of peopleâ??s responses to happiness surveys. Objective measures such as lifespan, income and education, are often used as well as or instead of subjectively reported happiness, though this assumes that they generally produce happiness, which while plausible may not necessarily be the case. The terms quality of life or well-being are often used to encompass these more objective measures.
Property Prices are like shares.
Good news for some , bad news for othersRichard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 6:06 PM