- 4BC Ashes call-to-arms
- Cricket calendar: Live on 4BC in 2013-14
- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Up or down?
4BC Mornings: Recently released Australian property figures are sending mixed messages regarding the state of the Brisbane property market, neither confirming that it is recovering or still in the doldrums. 4BC's Real Estate expert, Kevin Turner, talks to Greg Cary to clear up the confusion.
Absolutley spot on post Phil, This current Labor party through association with minorities has itself now become a minority party that I believe will never again govern in its own right.
Instead of doing deals with the minor parties at the last election they should have done a deal with the Australian people and gone back to ther polls until we had a Government that could govern in its own right because clearly this minority thing is not working.
Let the people decide Ms Gillard. It's our country too.Richard Tuesday 6 September, 2011 - 7:25 AM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness of its people.
Not by its GDP and corporate profits.Richard Monday 5 September, 2011 - 2:27 PM
So in he latest Poll, 78% of the Australian electorate believe that the manner in which the Gillard led Athiestic Socialist Government of the Labour Party are not handling the
Illegal Immigrant situation
competently. Funny that eh, I'd love to know how the Poll questions were posed. Methinks that the Australian People are sick to death of the prattle espoused by the Bleeding Hearts who are forever forcing their opinions down the throat of we mere silent majority who are sick of the incompetence of Gillard and her Union backed cronies. At last the true feelings of the Australian People are known, fed up no doubt by the latest effort by Gillard to gift $400 million and 5000 Australian places at Centrelink to persons of unknown origin, not forgetting the ancillaries and infrastructure needed to keep them. Gillards and her Union backed Cabinet have shown their true colours, remembering of course that only 15% of the workforce are now Union Members. The Party of the People is no longer that, but a party being led by a woman who can only be described as a bully. Good onya Jules, you Madam are a complete and abject failure. Time to move on.Phil of Springwood Monday 5 September, 2011 - 8:36 AM
Whilst I own (or more precisely, the Bank owns) several properties, I don't think it is a bad thing for real estate prices to reduce or just stabilise. Real estate prices are absurd in this country, as too are the red tape costs like stamp duty, headworks contributions etc. and sadly, future generations will be generations of renters if values keep driving up. There must be better ways to generate wealth, like hard bloody work!Richard Ray Friday 2 September, 2011 - 8:06 PM
@ jackie:sorry but were already on our a$$!!!!!!The countrys already a deadman walking and I can't see any savior in plain sight!!!!!Whilst Krudd did spend the surplus like a drunken salior on a friday night and might I add was cheered on by the rest of the sniviling Grubs heading up the A.L.P as john says house prices aren't the domain of governments!!!!!!!The State government likes'em high if only to raise reveunee from stamp duty other wise I'd be looking at your local banks for the real answers!!!!!And yes I hate to say it but Johnno has it right for once!!!!!Westy Friday 2 September, 2011 - 7:42 PM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness and wellbeing of its people.
Happiness is typically measured using subjective measures - e.g. surveys - and/or objective measures. One concern has always been the accuracy and reliability of peopleâ??s responses to happiness surveys. Objective measures such as lifespan, income and education, are often used as well as or instead of subjectively reported happiness, though this assumes that they generally produce happiness, which while plausible may not necessarily be the case. The terms quality of life or well-being are often used to encompass these more objective measures.
Property Prices are like shares.
Good news for some , bad news for othersRichard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 6:06 PM