- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
Up or down?
4BC Mornings: Recently released Australian property figures are sending mixed messages regarding the state of the Brisbane property market, neither confirming that it is recovering or still in the doldrums. 4BC's Real Estate expert, Kevin Turner, talks to Greg Cary to clear up the confusion.
Absolutley spot on post Phil, This current Labor party through association with minorities has itself now become a minority party that I believe will never again govern in its own right.
Instead of doing deals with the minor parties at the last election they should have done a deal with the Australian people and gone back to ther polls until we had a Government that could govern in its own right because clearly this minority thing is not working.
Let the people decide Ms Gillard. It's our country too.Richard Tuesday 6 September, 2011 - 7:25 AM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness of its people.
Not by its GDP and corporate profits.Richard Monday 5 September, 2011 - 2:27 PM
So in he latest Poll, 78% of the Australian electorate believe that the manner in which the Gillard led Athiestic Socialist Government of the Labour Party are not handling the
Illegal Immigrant situation
competently. Funny that eh, I'd love to know how the Poll questions were posed. Methinks that the Australian People are sick to death of the prattle espoused by the Bleeding Hearts who are forever forcing their opinions down the throat of we mere silent majority who are sick of the incompetence of Gillard and her Union backed cronies. At last the true feelings of the Australian People are known, fed up no doubt by the latest effort by Gillard to gift $400 million and 5000 Australian places at Centrelink to persons of unknown origin, not forgetting the ancillaries and infrastructure needed to keep them. Gillards and her Union backed Cabinet have shown their true colours, remembering of course that only 15% of the workforce are now Union Members. The Party of the People is no longer that, but a party being led by a woman who can only be described as a bully. Good onya Jules, you Madam are a complete and abject failure. Time to move on.Phil of Springwood Monday 5 September, 2011 - 8:36 AM
Whilst I own (or more precisely, the Bank owns) several properties, I don't think it is a bad thing for real estate prices to reduce or just stabilise. Real estate prices are absurd in this country, as too are the red tape costs like stamp duty, headworks contributions etc. and sadly, future generations will be generations of renters if values keep driving up. There must be better ways to generate wealth, like hard bloody work!Richard Ray Friday 2 September, 2011 - 8:06 PM
@ jackie:sorry but were already on our a$$!!!!!!The countrys already a deadman walking and I can't see any savior in plain sight!!!!!Whilst Krudd did spend the surplus like a drunken salior on a friday night and might I add was cheered on by the rest of the sniviling Grubs heading up the A.L.P as john says house prices aren't the domain of governments!!!!!!!The State government likes'em high if only to raise reveunee from stamp duty other wise I'd be looking at your local banks for the real answers!!!!!And yes I hate to say it but Johnno has it right for once!!!!!Westy Friday 2 September, 2011 - 7:42 PM
A nations true wealth should be measured by the happiness and wellbeing of its people.
Happiness is typically measured using subjective measures - e.g. surveys - and/or objective measures. One concern has always been the accuracy and reliability of peopleâ??s responses to happiness surveys. Objective measures such as lifespan, income and education, are often used as well as or instead of subjectively reported happiness, though this assumes that they generally produce happiness, which while plausible may not necessarily be the case. The terms quality of life or well-being are often used to encompass these more objective measures.
Property Prices are like shares.
Good news for some , bad news for othersRichard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 6:06 PM