- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
UN wants internet kill switch
4BC Drive: A little known United Nations body has asked for the kill switch to the internet, leaving cyberspace subject to political control and constant monitoring.
Simon Breheny from the Institute of Public Affairs hopes the Government will not agree to the proposal.
Between the UN and Australian gov (proposed anti discrimination amendmant bill)we're back on "The Road to Serfdom" I would like the world
to LOL when the Aussie Nat. Anthem is sung (2nd line..."for we are young and free") what a joke!anne Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 11:06 AM
I couldn't agree more with Mick. He certainly has gotten it right - although most people would remain ignorant about the U.N. It is clearly a "toothless tiger" and has been for years. It never comes "to the rescue" until too late in any third world issues etc., Incidently, how can CO2 "poison" the atmosphere - it's absolutely necessary for the earth's plants!Rick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 6:26 PM
The UN did nothing when Israeli government terrorists murdered most of the commanders of the British Peace Corps. So it is obvious the protection of England is not high on their list of priorities. The UN had offices in the twin towers complex. They were and are the most powerful agency in the world yet they couldnt defend against an insignificant terror group with nearly zero intelligence capabilities. And not even one of them was in their offices on the day. It appears that America is not high on their list of priorities. The UN was in East Timor when Australia was being flooded with refugee boats. It appears that Australia is not high on their list of priorities. They did nothing when we fired depleted Uranium shells into civilian populations in Iraq. But we know they have no interest in Arabs Muslims Asians or Africans. They allow HAARP. I could fill a phone book sized pad with similar examples that are public record. So what is the real priority of the UN and who are they really protecting. Is it mealy the enforcement arm of the IMF. The precursor to the internet was a US military invention. The current internet is primarily controlled by and much of the data is based in the US. Perhaps thats why it is putrid with advertising porn crime and misdirection. So if the US has the control over the UN we are expected to believe then why the need for the UN over internet. That should tell you everything. The UN want to take the internet in a completely new direction. 100pc advertising porn crime misdirection and brainwashing but 0pc free speech. Thats one more step for the UN and one giant leap BACKWARDS for mankind.United Nations Dividing the World Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:16 PM
I take it that you know very little about Assange, Barry.
He has done nothing wrong!
Before burning him at the stake , could you please let me know what laws he has broke in regards to electronic media.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:15 PM
We should hand Assange to the Yanks. I hope the britts do. He is No messiah just a bloody hacker. Though your quote is very correct, you can't kill the internet without killing everything.Barry Mackenzie Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM
I will quote Julian assange on this issue.
"Code is the law"[color/]
The code is the law by which we must all follow.
Without code , there is no internet.
The owner of the code owns all the traffic that uses it as a vehicle.
Governments are merel global stage where anarchists rule.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:45 AM