- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
UN wants internet kill switch
4BC Drive: A little known United Nations body has asked for the kill switch to the internet, leaving cyberspace subject to political control and constant monitoring.
Simon Breheny from the Institute of Public Affairs hopes the Government will not agree to the proposal.
Between the UN and Australian gov (proposed anti discrimination amendmant bill)we're back on "The Road to Serfdom" I would like the world
to LOL when the Aussie Nat. Anthem is sung (2nd line..."for we are young and free") what a joke!anne Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 11:06 AM
I couldn't agree more with Mick. He certainly has gotten it right - although most people would remain ignorant about the U.N. It is clearly a "toothless tiger" and has been for years. It never comes "to the rescue" until too late in any third world issues etc., Incidently, how can CO2 "poison" the atmosphere - it's absolutely necessary for the earth's plants!Rick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 6:26 PM
The UN did nothing when Israeli government terrorists murdered most of the commanders of the British Peace Corps. So it is obvious the protection of England is not high on their list of priorities. The UN had offices in the twin towers complex. They were and are the most powerful agency in the world yet they couldnt defend against an insignificant terror group with nearly zero intelligence capabilities. And not even one of them was in their offices on the day. It appears that America is not high on their list of priorities. The UN was in East Timor when Australia was being flooded with refugee boats. It appears that Australia is not high on their list of priorities. They did nothing when we fired depleted Uranium shells into civilian populations in Iraq. But we know they have no interest in Arabs Muslims Asians or Africans. They allow HAARP. I could fill a phone book sized pad with similar examples that are public record. So what is the real priority of the UN and who are they really protecting. Is it mealy the enforcement arm of the IMF. The precursor to the internet was a US military invention. The current internet is primarily controlled by and much of the data is based in the US. Perhaps thats why it is putrid with advertising porn crime and misdirection. So if the US has the control over the UN we are expected to believe then why the need for the UN over internet. That should tell you everything. The UN want to take the internet in a completely new direction. 100pc advertising porn crime misdirection and brainwashing but 0pc free speech. Thats one more step for the UN and one giant leap BACKWARDS for mankind.United Nations Dividing the World Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:16 PM
I take it that you know very little about Assange, Barry.
He has done nothing wrong!
Before burning him at the stake , could you please let me know what laws he has broke in regards to electronic media.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:15 PM
We should hand Assange to the Yanks. I hope the britts do. He is No messiah just a bloody hacker. Though your quote is very correct, you can't kill the internet without killing everything.Barry Mackenzie Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM
I will quote Julian assange on this issue.
"Code is the law"[color/]
The code is the law by which we must all follow.
Without code , there is no internet.
The owner of the code owns all the traffic that uses it as a vehicle.
Governments are merel global stage where anarchists rule.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 11:45 AM