- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Mazzab on Mary Collier Press Release 4bc - oh dear of dear!! Where will the deluge of on-air personalities departing 4BC stop? An avid talkback 4BC listener for ... more
- Rob on Mary Collier Press Release Very Sad. Mary you were fantastic. The show hasn't been the same since Peter Dick left and I could hear it in Mary's voice ... more
Thomson innocent, says lawyer
The lawyer for independent MP Craig Thomson says his client did not misspent one cent of union funds when he ran the Health Services Union (HSU).
Mr Thomson lodged his defence papers in the Federal Court on Tuesday in response to the Fair Work Australia (FWA) claims he misused union funds while he was HSU national secretary between 2002 and 2007.
In his 28-page submission, he denies using union-issued credit cards to spend thousands of dollars on prostitutes while travelling on union business in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
He also denies using the cards to pay for flights and accommodation for his wife and family and for cash withdrawals and other personal expenses.
Mr Thomson's lawyer, Chris McArdle, says his client spent the money in accordance with the organisation's rules.
"He hasn't improperly spent one cent," Mr McArdle told ABC Radio on Wednesday.
"Anything he did do, he did with the express and clear permission of the association he was administering, he acted in the interests of the association at all times."
Mr McArdle said Mr Thomson was secretary of a multi-million dollar budget organisation but all funds were accounted for.
"He got a receipt for every cent he spent, and he stapled all those receipts to the ATM receipt dockets," he said.
Mr Thomson was elected in 2007 as the Labor MP for the NSW seat of Dobell, but was suspended from the party in April and moved to the cross benches following the release of the FWA report in April this year.
FWA has until December 20 to reply to Mr Thomson's defence.
The matter is listed for a directions hearing in the Federal Court on February 1, 2013.
The proper process has been usurped by Miss Gillard by placing the complaint in the hands of Fair Work instead of the Police to whom it should have been referred to in the first place. Placing this complaint in the wrong jurisdiction was a skilful move by a master manipulator.
This has served the Government well.
The judicial process is very slow moving to protect the innocent from wrongful arrest, charging and sentencing; regretfully this also protects the guilty from the swift justice that should be metered out.
Are we really to believe that the credit card use for prostitute services was done either without his knowledge or that this was in accordance with his terms of employment?Colene Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 2:12 AM
Rich, our legal systems has a presumption of innocence at it's core, only guilt needs to be proven.James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:37 PM
Pretty sure that in Australia the process is:
1. Get charged with an alleged crime.
2. Go to court.
3. Be found innocent or guilty.
At the moment Thomson is involved in a civil case and has never been actually reached (1.) yet.Bob Lord Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 2:12 PM
What happened to the $100,000 in ATM withdrawals Thomson withdrew?
What union business were the cash withdrawals used for?
Why were there NO receipts to account for the withdrawals?
Why was hundreds of thousands of dollars of HSU members funds used for Thomsons PERSONAL benefit in his election campaign for the seat of Dobell?
Thomson is totally untrustworthy, is unfit to be an MP and is an absolute disgrace!
The pathological compulsive liar Thomson is NOT fooling anyone, oh how he suits the Liebor Party and his rat cunning leader Juliar!Slippery Rats Of Liebor Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:12 PM
The lawyer for independent MP Craig Thomson says his client did not misspent one cent of union funds when A lawyer.
Nowhere does it say that he has been proven innocent.
Bazza , thats what lawyers do, reperesent their clients interests.
A good lawyer can get a person cleared of any charges.
Doesn't make it any less true but t is the only system we have.Rich Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:01 PM
hahahahahahaeeeeeehahahahahathomson is innocent he did not take one cent.o stop it it hurts when i laugh this much.bazza Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:19 AM