- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Thomson innocent, says lawyer
The lawyer for independent MP Craig Thomson says his client did not misspent one cent of union funds when he ran the Health Services Union (HSU).
Mr Thomson lodged his defence papers in the Federal Court on Tuesday in response to the Fair Work Australia (FWA) claims he misused union funds while he was HSU national secretary between 2002 and 2007.
In his 28-page submission, he denies using union-issued credit cards to spend thousands of dollars on prostitutes while travelling on union business in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
He also denies using the cards to pay for flights and accommodation for his wife and family and for cash withdrawals and other personal expenses.
Mr Thomson's lawyer, Chris McArdle, says his client spent the money in accordance with the organisation's rules.
"He hasn't improperly spent one cent," Mr McArdle told ABC Radio on Wednesday.
"Anything he did do, he did with the express and clear permission of the association he was administering, he acted in the interests of the association at all times."
Mr McArdle said Mr Thomson was secretary of a multi-million dollar budget organisation but all funds were accounted for.
"He got a receipt for every cent he spent, and he stapled all those receipts to the ATM receipt dockets," he said.
Mr Thomson was elected in 2007 as the Labor MP for the NSW seat of Dobell, but was suspended from the party in April and moved to the cross benches following the release of the FWA report in April this year.
FWA has until December 20 to reply to Mr Thomson's defence.
The matter is listed for a directions hearing in the Federal Court on February 1, 2013.
The proper process has been usurped by Miss Gillard by placing the complaint in the hands of Fair Work instead of the Police to whom it should have been referred to in the first place. Placing this complaint in the wrong jurisdiction was a skilful move by a master manipulator.
This has served the Government well.
The judicial process is very slow moving to protect the innocent from wrongful arrest, charging and sentencing; regretfully this also protects the guilty from the swift justice that should be metered out.
Are we really to believe that the credit card use for prostitute services was done either without his knowledge or that this was in accordance with his terms of employment?Colene Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 2:12 AM
Rich, our legal systems has a presumption of innocence at it's core, only guilt needs to be proven.James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:37 PM
Pretty sure that in Australia the process is:
1. Get charged with an alleged crime.
2. Go to court.
3. Be found innocent or guilty.
At the moment Thomson is involved in a civil case and has never been actually reached (1.) yet.Bob Lord Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 2:12 PM
What happened to the $100,000 in ATM withdrawals Thomson withdrew?
What union business were the cash withdrawals used for?
Why were there NO receipts to account for the withdrawals?
Why was hundreds of thousands of dollars of HSU members funds used for Thomsons PERSONAL benefit in his election campaign for the seat of Dobell?
Thomson is totally untrustworthy, is unfit to be an MP and is an absolute disgrace!
The pathological compulsive liar Thomson is NOT fooling anyone, oh how he suits the Liebor Party and his rat cunning leader Juliar!Slippery Rats Of Liebor Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:12 PM
The lawyer for independent MP Craig Thomson says his client did not misspent one cent of union funds when A lawyer.
Nowhere does it say that he has been proven innocent.
Bazza , thats what lawyers do, reperesent their clients interests.
A good lawyer can get a person cleared of any charges.
Doesn't make it any less true but t is the only system we have.Rich Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:01 PM
hahahahahahaeeeeeehahahahahathomson is innocent he did not take one cent.o stop it it hurts when i laugh this much.bazza Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:19 AM