- Appeal against Morcombe murder
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
The latest from Woodridge
4BC Mornings: Channel 9 reporter Joel Dry joins with Greg Cary live from Woodridge. Greg Cary speaks with aboriginal elder and community leader Sam Watson on the brawls in Woodridge and why he is calling for calm.
4BC Drive: Tensions in Logan have risen, particularly in one street in Woodridge. Federal MP Bert van Manen and Logan Mayor Pam Parker join Gary Hardgrave on Drive with an update on the dispute and the larger racial and community issues surrounding it.
You should be happy living anywhere in Australia.
It appears that if anyone offers an alternative view to the stance that you take, your coping mechanism is to revert to a childish asinine immature barrage of insults against the person posting.
In view of your inability to have an adult debate and put forward an intelligent response to postings I will take the adult stance and ignore your puerile ravings in future.Bob Lord Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 10:09 AM
So I should lower my standards to the level of yours Bob?
MY standards dictate that it should be safe for an old age pensioner to be able to shop in safety at 10.30 in the morning not be put at risk buy a bunch of drunken yobbos.
MY standards dictate that you should be able to park your car in a shopping centre car park and not come back to discover that it has been broken into.
My standards dictate that a person should be able to drive down the street without fear of your car being hijacked.
My standards dictate I treat people with respect until they prove they do not deserve that respect which is why I have absolutely no respect for either you or your comments and judging by the comments directed to you on this blog most agree with me.Gayle Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:32 AM
What's the difference Gayle - expecting everyone to live to your standards?
The colour of the skin of the people involved?
There is no difference. People drinking, people pushing and shoving. The time is irrelevant. The colour of skin is irrelevant. Shit happens in a drinking society.Bob Lord Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 1:52 PM
Stupid comment as usual Bob Lord there is a big difference between 10.30 am in a shopping centre and late at night near a hotel in a known entertainment area, but I expect nothing less from you.Gayle Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 1:41 PM
Ah well Gayle
If you drive through the Valley or Surfers Paradise late at night, or anywhere near a busy hotel in fact you will find your Caucasian people drinking and shoving each other around.Bob Lord Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I drove through Woodridge recently on my way to Springwood at 10.30 in the morning, first reaction after stopping at the lights was to lock the car doors because the car park of the shopping centre had several groups of younger people drinking and shoving each other, most noticeable was the lack of Caucasian people compared to the indigenous and Islander people around.
If Pam Parker wants to see problems they are just down the road from the Council Chambers, perhaps she should start there.Gayle Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:21 PM