- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
The Italian Sisters
The saga of the Italian Sisters custody battle has entered a new phase following Sunday night's episode of 60 Minutes. Greg Cary speaks to family law specialist Katrina Oner about the interview and how there are always two sides to every story in custody disputes.
I know what this father has been going through having fought for my own daughter in the family court for 3 years. Despite a mountain of evuidence of abuse and neglect by her mother from sources including the police, the school she attended and even the crisis care workers, all the social worker ever did was to recommend my daughter continue to live with her mother, it almost destroyed her young life. In the end i did gain sole custody but only after 3 years of fighting and even then only when my brave little daughter voted with her feet late one cold rainy night and ultimately SHAMED the bastards into doing something. When i finally gained custody my daughter was in a parlous state. Underweight and in poor health. Unable to do even basic tasks like wash her hair or shower herself. Unable to read or write even basic words. Unable to do even basic maths not even any of her times tables. She did the year 3 basic skills test, finished pretty much bottom in the school and was placed in a special class for SLOW children. She was 8/9 yo. This was the broken child i was given courtesy of her mother and our so called family law system. I was to spend the next 10 years repairing the damage done. At 21 yo my daughter completed a 4 year psychology degree with 1st class honours and won the university medal. Now at 22 yo she has already completed the first year of a PHD in forensic psychology. This is what a decent father can do for his child. Sadly very few fathers get that chance due to the anti father bias inherent in the family law system.Dave Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Apologies for my typos in earlier post.
It is incredible how well orchestrated the campaign by the mother's family is.
They are now selling T-shirts on e-bay and just reading their FB page, many complaints of posts being deleted if critical of the family.
Public beware, I say!Shooey Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 8:38 AM
An excellent story by Tara Brown. Some say she was biassed but if you listen carefully she explains that as she was preparing the story, more facts came to light.
Just goes to show, there was always another side to the story. It always seemed too well orchestrated for my liking, especially when the older grirl first rang 4BC. The Grandmother and GreatGrandMother seem very strong and manipulative women. No wonder the Mother ran away to Italy, married and had her first child at just 17.
I am glad Katrina Oner has been vindicated. From the get-go, she was flagging we be cautious in forming an opinion too quickly about these grils' plight and she was right.
Well done Katrina!!!!!Shooey Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 8:21 AM
I want to point out that your guest who responded to the issue of whether or not DFAT knew the purpose of the travel was to permanently relocate was inaccurate. Indeed, in relevant part the Court states paragraph 49, "The thrust of the assistance the mother was seeking was clearly directed at ultimate return to Australia and relocation of the four children by the mother on a permanent basis to Australia," June 23 2011.Jase Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 1:40 AM
I felt that the reporter last night was fair in her questions this man has been made out that he abused his wife but I think her Mother caused a lot of the problem none of these ladies gave any thought to those four girls and the law is that she had to take these children back Let's hope that these girls don't have any trauma in the coming years from all of this.Patricia Charlton Monday 26 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
From what i saw on 60mins i think the girls are better off where they are.roger Monday 26 November, 2012 - 9:57 PM