- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
The Italian Sisters
The saga of the Italian Sisters custody battle has entered a new phase following Sunday night's episode of 60 Minutes. Greg Cary speaks to family law specialist Katrina Oner about the interview and how there are always two sides to every story in custody disputes.
I know what this father has been going through having fought for my own daughter in the family court for 3 years. Despite a mountain of evuidence of abuse and neglect by her mother from sources including the police, the school she attended and even the crisis care workers, all the social worker ever did was to recommend my daughter continue to live with her mother, it almost destroyed her young life. In the end i did gain sole custody but only after 3 years of fighting and even then only when my brave little daughter voted with her feet late one cold rainy night and ultimately SHAMED the bastards into doing something. When i finally gained custody my daughter was in a parlous state. Underweight and in poor health. Unable to do even basic tasks like wash her hair or shower herself. Unable to read or write even basic words. Unable to do even basic maths not even any of her times tables. She did the year 3 basic skills test, finished pretty much bottom in the school and was placed in a special class for SLOW children. She was 8/9 yo. This was the broken child i was given courtesy of her mother and our so called family law system. I was to spend the next 10 years repairing the damage done. At 21 yo my daughter completed a 4 year psychology degree with 1st class honours and won the university medal. Now at 22 yo she has already completed the first year of a PHD in forensic psychology. This is what a decent father can do for his child. Sadly very few fathers get that chance due to the anti father bias inherent in the family law system.Dave Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Apologies for my typos in earlier post.
It is incredible how well orchestrated the campaign by the mother's family is.
They are now selling T-shirts on e-bay and just reading their FB page, many complaints of posts being deleted if critical of the family.
Public beware, I say!Shooey Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 8:38 AM
An excellent story by Tara Brown. Some say she was biassed but if you listen carefully she explains that as she was preparing the story, more facts came to light.
Just goes to show, there was always another side to the story. It always seemed too well orchestrated for my liking, especially when the older grirl first rang 4BC. The Grandmother and GreatGrandMother seem very strong and manipulative women. No wonder the Mother ran away to Italy, married and had her first child at just 17.
I am glad Katrina Oner has been vindicated. From the get-go, she was flagging we be cautious in forming an opinion too quickly about these grils' plight and she was right.
Well done Katrina!!!!!Shooey Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 8:21 AM
I want to point out that your guest who responded to the issue of whether or not DFAT knew the purpose of the travel was to permanently relocate was inaccurate. Indeed, in relevant part the Court states paragraph 49, "The thrust of the assistance the mother was seeking was clearly directed at ultimate return to Australia and relocation of the four children by the mother on a permanent basis to Australia," June 23 2011.Jase Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 1:40 AM
I felt that the reporter last night was fair in her questions this man has been made out that he abused his wife but I think her Mother caused a lot of the problem none of these ladies gave any thought to those four girls and the law is that she had to take these children back Let's hope that these girls don't have any trauma in the coming years from all of this.Patricia Charlton Monday 26 November, 2012 - 11:14 PM
From what i saw on 60mins i think the girls are better off where they are.roger Monday 26 November, 2012 - 9:57 PM