- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
The Bee Gees: Return Home
4BC & The Bee Gees: A worldwide unveil for the Bee Gees statue at Redcliffe is set to be uncovered by Barry Gibb to honour his brothers and band, The Bee Gees, this February 14th.
Multi-award winning singer-songwriter Barry Gibb will return home to Queensland’s Moreton Bay Region on February 14 to unveil a tribute to the phenomenal career of the Bee Gees.
Moreton Bay Region Mayor Allan Sutherland said Barry would officially open Bee Gees Way - a walkway dedicated to the achievements of the Gibb brothers - and unveil a life-size statue at 2pm.
"It is a huge honour to welcome Barry back to his coastal home town of Redcliffe for this special event," he said.
"According to Barry, the Moreton Bay Region is the true birthplace of the Bee Gees.
"It was in Redcliffe in the late 1950s that the three young brothers gathered around a microphone and for the first time performed using a name now famous around the globe.
"It is therefore extremely fitting that a themed walkway be named after the brothers to mark Moreton Bay Region's place in the remarkable story of the Bee Gees.
"The fact that Barry has personally curated the walkway – selecting the photos and penning the stories and captions – makes Bee Gees Way a must-see for any fan of music."
Bee Gees Way is located between Redcliffe Parade and Sutton Street, Redcliffe. The walkway overlooks beautiful Moreton Bay, near the site of the Redcliffe Jetty where the brothers used to swim, fish and play.
Mayor Sutherland said Barry was excited to be returning to the Moreton Bay Region.
"This part of the world holds many dear memories for Barry and he is looking forward to sharing the opening of Bee Gees Way with fans, family and friends," Mayor Sutherland said.
Radio stations 4BC and 4BH are Moreton Bay Regional Council's official media partners for the opening of Bee Gees Way.
With a career that has spanned more than five decades Barry Gibb stands as one of the most prolific singer/songwriter/producers of the modern era.
As co-founder and creative leader of the Bee Gees, Barry along with his brothers Maurice and Robin represent one of the most successful vocal groups in rock and roll history, having sold more than 200 million albums to date.
The opening of Bee Gees Way coincides with Barry's Mythology concert tour of Australia and New Zealand.
For concert details and ticketing information visit www.livenation.com.au
Redcliffe will be on Bee Gee alert next month - Barry Gibb is visiting to dedicate a walkway and statue for the famous band. Mayor Allan Sutherland joins Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast to make the big announcement.
4BC Afternoons will be taking you through the day with live interviews and live Broadcast from the day. For now post your tributes to the band below.
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful information specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.unc chapel hill Wednesday 1 May, 2013 - 6:51 AM
What's up, all the time i used to check web site posts here early in the daylight, as i like to learn more and more.play2win Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 6:05 AM
My first pay when I was 15 I went straight out and bought a copy of the BeeGees top 10 hit Single Jive Talking. My heart still skips a beat now when I hear it on the radio. And if no one's watching I'll do a little disco dancing too!
Your songs bring great joy. Thank you!Caroline Matthews Sunday 10 February, 2013 - 7:54 PM
It's like Christmas waiting for next week's concert @ Boondall! My parents passed on their love of these amazing boys to me as a child in the 70's, so I've carried the tradition on to my own son in the 21st century. Bless you Barry for creating music to laugh, cry and love with.Antonia Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 10:46 PM
I have grown up with the Bee Gees music, I would have been about 4 or 5 when my mum started listening to their records in the early 70's. I still play their music 40 yrs later, in fact I have the latest Mythology cd in my car, love to turn it up and try sing along! The Bee Gees are legends! Long Live Disco!!Georgina Rice Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 4:31 PM
I have loved the Bee Gees since I first heard their song "Run To Me" and I adored their younger brother Andy for about 35 odd years, Andy was my pin-up idol as a teenager and I dreamed of marrying this gorgeous man.I was a huge huge fan of Saturday Night Fever and disco will live in my heart forever.
Thank you for the beautiful memoriesand youre music xxxxKathryn Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 5:08 PM