- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Swan stabbed Rudd in back
Former prime minister Kevin Rudd has confirmed Treasurer Wayne Swan stabbed him in the back only a day after sharing a drink with him in his office to congratulate him for defending the new mining tax.
The revelation was made last month in former MP Maxine McKew's book, Tales From the Political Trenches.
Ms McKew wrote that Mr Rudd told her that on the night before Mr Swan decided to "vote for change" and support Julia Gillard in a leadership challenge, he went to Mr Rudd's office to have a drink and thank him for supporting the mining tax.
Mr Rudd said he had no inkling he would not have Mr Swan's support and was shocked by his decision.
The former prime minister on Friday stood by the comments he gave to Ms McKew for her book.
"The quotes there, it's pretty plain," he told ABC radio.
"I wouldn't give her the quote if it wasn't true."
But Mr Rudd said he had since come to terms with his ousting.
"You can sit in the corner and become bitter and twisted or you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with it," he said.
"I've tried to do the latter and I think I've done it reasonable successfully."
He said while he was happy to champion the concerns of Griffith, his Brisbane electorate, he would still be involved in national and international politics.
Mr Rudd said those who speculated about another leadership challenge every time he commented on issues outside his electorate "needed to go and get a life".
Not Me, I will never defend him for his betrayal of his Friend. Though like Mr Rudd I believe that being bitter about it achieves nothing. I would also happily trade Mr Swans seat for that Of Brisbane.Barry Mackenzie Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM
God, give the poor Australia a election.mimica Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 10:35 PM
Scariest thing is these idiots are regaining popularity.Richard Ray Saturday 10 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Is this the Biggest Clown in the Circus that is The Aust. Government at the present time or what? What idiot is first off the blocks to defend this Idiot of a DPM, who will it be?Peter B Friday 9 November, 2012 - 2:56 PM
I sense a sarcasitic mood today Gayle.
Next thing you will be telling me that the 6:00 o'clock news also tell furphies to boost their ratings.Richard Friday 9 November, 2012 - 12:36 PM
This can't possibly be true, Swannie has denied it, Gillard has denied it,
most of the labor party are denying it and a more truthful lot you would be hard pushed to find NOT!Gayle Friday 9 November, 2012 - 11:52 AM