- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Swan pushes banks
Treasurer Wayne Swan has once again urged banks to pass on the full interest rate cut the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) made on Tuesday.
The RBA announced it would cut the cash rate by a quarter of a percentage point to 3.25 per cent in response to a weakening outlook for global economic growth.
Mr Swan said on Wednesday many of the retail banks "have form" in not passing on full cuts but families and small businesses with mortgages deserved the cut.
"I think we'll see a variety of responses from a variety of financial institutions," he told ABC radio.
"From my point of view, the banks should not keep some of this rate cut back, they should pass it through in full."
Borrowings at $150Bn or $17,241 per Tax Payer, very manageable. Australia's economy is one of the best performing (if not the best) first world economies on the planet, end of story.James W Monday 19 November, 2012 - 11:07 AM
the borrowing and spending still out of control, and where is the budget suplus.
Rich here is another one in LaLa land still believing in the Europe gang of idiots.mick Monday 19 November, 2012 - 7:17 AM
mick, good news, the IMF has given Australia's economy a big tick. The IMF is forecasting growth of 3.25 per cent in 2012 for the Australian economy, faster than any major advanced economy.James W Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 5:49 PM
I know that you live in LA LA land but no one has denied the economy is strong.
What we are saying to those in LA LA land is that Swann and Gillard should claim ownership of our geography and China's insatiabale appetitite for our mineral resources.Rich Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 10:23 AM
Yes Gayle and Rich(ard), still living in the world of gloom and doom I see. Those ratbags at the IMF have this to say about the Australian economy "AUSTRALIA is now the 12th largest economy on the planet, and the standout performer among advanced economies according to the International Monetary Fund. "
And we still have THREE TripleAAA ratings despite a worldwide recession eating into everything - amazing.Bob Lord Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 6:47 AM
I don't deny that Swannie/ Gillard/Rudd have achieved nothing and yes the facts do speak for themselves, they have achieved what was previously unimaginable they have put us into $250 Billion DEBTGayle Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:13 PM