- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Surplus may cost lives
4BC Drive: Chemotheraphy patients are the latest to fall victim to budget cuts, as the Federal Government attempts to save $40m. Shadow Minister Peter Dutton says that Swan's surplus should not come at the price of people's lives.
So somehow Opposition spin has tied the fact that the Government will no longer pay above market prices to a surplus and the loss of lives. The private hospital talking up a storm has just been provided with an additional 10 chemo chairs courtesy of the Federal Gov and because this treatment will cost an additional 100 bucks each treatment they claim people will die?
What are they going to say to the patient. "Sorry it would cost the hospital 4,000 dollars too much to treat you, would you mind dying instead."
Private hospitals are expert at passing on costs let me tell you that for sure.Bob Lord Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 7:12 AM
This is beyond contempt. I saw the federal health Minister on TV last night and the smugness was palpable..."oh aren't we clever little vegemites! We have just worked out another way to squeeze money indirectly from the public by taking away lifesaving medication!"
Have any of these idiots worked out the cost of denying access to these life saving treatments vs that of the costs of saving the lives of thousands and the spillover onto our public health services, families who have to care for their relatives etc.
Totally idiotic!Shooey Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 5:39 AM