- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Supertramp's Roger Hodgson
4BC Drive: Founding member and voice of legendary British rock band Supertramp Roger Hodgson joins Gary Hardgrave for an in depth interview on the band's worldwide success thanks to a string of hits including "Breakfast in America", "Give a Little" and "The Logical Song".
Hodgson will be performing with his band at the Tivoli Saturday, March 30.
Nice interview, great to hear the stories behind the songs I grew up listening to. All of Roger's songs truly shaped who I am today, words could never express the place they've held in my heart over my life. I saw his 2010 show, you can bet I'll be at his all of his Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Bluesfest shows...there are too many good songs to see him for just one night!Rissa Friday 14 December, 2012 - 4:40 AM
Always a pleasure to listen to Roger in his interviews. Similarly, it is always special to attend live concerts.
If you have that opportunity, do not miss out, be a moment you'll remember forever, Roger connecting with the audience is spectacular, and manages to convey happiness to hear their music and songs. If you go, I'm sure you're thinking when you return to the next.
Visit their official website
www.RogerHodgson.comCandy Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:53 AM
"When words fail, music speaks......." musicians express their thoughts by blending words and music. While some focus on the negatives, other the positives in life, there are those truly talented artists who through their notes and lyrics are able to share their inward struggles/spirit with such finesse/completeness it helps those who feel their music.
Roger is a master at blending his notes and lyrics to convey his messages, messages of his inner struggles. As admitted by Roger himself, some of his songs have taken years to develop, but does that not make sense. For we spend years trying to define ourselves through our everyday experiences.
With excitement in my heart, Roger has been actively touring for the better part of the last ten years. He consistently fills up venues with many fans who have what I call "multiple concert syndrome"............ The need to see Roger again as soon as possible you have experienced him his magic live!
Roger collects more and more fans everyday and with his talented band truly sounds better then ever. So please strike out and experience the music, with Roger and his band. He is offering many dates as he about to launched 2013 world Tour!! So excited check out his website for upcoming concert dates.heartsong62 Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:18 PM
Wonderful interview with Roger Hodgson! Very nice to hear the background on his classics and how they came to life. I have been a huge fan of his for years and cannot wait to see him in March. I already know it will be a concert that I will never forget. Until then, I will continue watching Roger's videos on his channel - http://www.youtube.com/MrRoger Hodgson.Spring Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM
Do not miss Roger Hodgson's show. His warmth and connection with his audience is unmatched by any artist I have seen and I have seen just about everyone. I saw Roger and his fantastic band in concert three times this year and each time I felt as if I was getting my own private concert. His stories of his songs, his friendliness, and that pristine voice of his leave feel-good feelings that last for days, if not weeks.
Plus, what a joy it is to see my favorite artist perform my favorite songs such as The Logical Song, Breakfast in America, Give a Little Bit, Dreamer, Take the Long Way Home, It's Raining Again, School, Fool's Overture, and so many more.
Catch more than one of Roger's shows while he is in Australia. Once you see him, you too will realize that once is definitely not enough. All of the tour details are on Events on his Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/RogerHodgsonOfficial.Penny Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 4:38 AM