- 4BC Ashes call-to-arms
- Cricket calendar: Live on 4BC in 2013-14
- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Supertramp's Roger Hodgson
4BC Drive: Founding member and voice of legendary British rock band Supertramp Roger Hodgson joins Gary Hardgrave for an in depth interview on the band's worldwide success thanks to a string of hits including "Breakfast in America", "Give a Little" and "The Logical Song".
Hodgson will be performing with his band at the Tivoli Saturday, March 30.
Nice interview, great to hear the stories behind the songs I grew up listening to. All of Roger's songs truly shaped who I am today, words could never express the place they've held in my heart over my life. I saw his 2010 show, you can bet I'll be at his all of his Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Bluesfest shows...there are too many good songs to see him for just one night!Rissa Friday 14 December, 2012 - 4:40 AM
Always a pleasure to listen to Roger in his interviews. Similarly, it is always special to attend live concerts.
If you have that opportunity, do not miss out, be a moment you'll remember forever, Roger connecting with the audience is spectacular, and manages to convey happiness to hear their music and songs. If you go, I'm sure you're thinking when you return to the next.
Visit their official website
www.RogerHodgson.comCandy Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:53 AM
"When words fail, music speaks......." musicians express their thoughts by blending words and music. While some focus on the negatives, other the positives in life, there are those truly talented artists who through their notes and lyrics are able to share their inward struggles/spirit with such finesse/completeness it helps those who feel their music.
Roger is a master at blending his notes and lyrics to convey his messages, messages of his inner struggles. As admitted by Roger himself, some of his songs have taken years to develop, but does that not make sense. For we spend years trying to define ourselves through our everyday experiences.
With excitement in my heart, Roger has been actively touring for the better part of the last ten years. He consistently fills up venues with many fans who have what I call "multiple concert syndrome"............ The need to see Roger again as soon as possible you have experienced him his magic live!
Roger collects more and more fans everyday and with his talented band truly sounds better then ever. So please strike out and experience the music, with Roger and his band. He is offering many dates as he about to launched 2013 world Tour!! So excited check out his website for upcoming concert dates.heartsong62 Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:18 PM
Wonderful interview with Roger Hodgson! Very nice to hear the background on his classics and how they came to life. I have been a huge fan of his for years and cannot wait to see him in March. I already know it will be a concert that I will never forget. Until then, I will continue watching Roger's videos on his channel - http://www.youtube.com/MrRoger Hodgson.Spring Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 4:21 PM
Do not miss Roger Hodgson's show. His warmth and connection with his audience is unmatched by any artist I have seen and I have seen just about everyone. I saw Roger and his fantastic band in concert three times this year and each time I felt as if I was getting my own private concert. His stories of his songs, his friendliness, and that pristine voice of his leave feel-good feelings that last for days, if not weeks.
Plus, what a joy it is to see my favorite artist perform my favorite songs such as The Logical Song, Breakfast in America, Give a Little Bit, Dreamer, Take the Long Way Home, It's Raining Again, School, Fool's Overture, and so many more.
Catch more than one of Roger's shows while he is in Australia. Once you see him, you too will realize that once is definitely not enough. All of the tour details are on Events on his Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/RogerHodgsonOfficial.Penny Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 4:38 AM