- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Steve Wozniak at Chermside
4BC Breakfast: Apple co-founder and longtime iPhone enthusiast Steve Wozniak surprised iPhone fans by joining the queue outside the Chermside Apple store this morning.
Wozniak tells Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast about his visit to the city and reveals his ambitions to become an Australian citizen.
Image credit: Twitter user Jamie Skella
iPhone 5 Facts
Taller than earlier iPhones, meaning a bigger screen (four inches diagonally), but also hogging up more room in your pocket.
That said, at 7.6 mm thick, it is 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S, and weighing 112 grams, 20 percent lighter.
326 PPI Retina display (same as before)
Five rows of icons (as opposed to four on earlier models)
Apps that are optimized for the new screen size will show more information (more emails, more calendar events) per screen. Those that aren't will display black bars at the top and bottom so they will render like the did on older iPhones.
LTE support for a maximum hypothetical download speed of around 100 megabits/second.
Its chip, the A6, will be twice as fast and apps will load about twice as quickly, even those with music and images. It's also 22 percent smaller.
Camera: 8 megapixel sensor, 3264 by 2448, backside illumination, hybrid IR filter, 5 element lens, f/2.4 aperture, new panorama mode, new social stream to share photos with friends and family
Video: 1080p HD video, improved video stabilization, face detection
FaceTime now possible over cellular networks
No longer uses Apple's standard 30-pin cable. Instead plugs into a new design called "Lightning". Adapters will be available for hooking it up to your dock and other accessories.
Runs iOS 6, with enhanced 3D maps, more integration with iCloud and Twitter.
Pre-orders start Friday, and the phones will ship September 21 to nine countries including the U.S.
- 3G talk time = 8 hours
- LTE or 3G browsing = 8 hours
- WiFi browsing = 10 hours
- standby = 225 hours
16 GB = $199
32 GB = $299
64 GB = $399
iPhone 4 and 4S prices now drop: free for the 8 GB iPhone 4 model, and $99 for the 16 GB iPhone 4S