- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Sign of trouble
4BC Breakfast: Labor legend Tom Burns, is causing outrage in Wynnum at the moment, as a park sign honouring his name, is blocking some resident's views. Peter and Mary talked to Rene Roggeveen who told them about the problems linked to the sign.
What, John ~ no response from you on this obvious politicisation of a local mater!
Although I beg to differ with CRY FREEDOM, as I did find one edifying marker to Australiaâ??s longest serving Prime Minister a park in Melbourne named Sir Robert Menzies Reserve.
I find in my search that there are an inordinate number of streets, bridges, overpass, parks and such named after Labor Party politicians and yes there is a whole sub-division in Collingwood Park a suburb of Ipswich; Paul Tully Avenue even named after a local government councillor, albeit a long serving councillor, how sycophantic is that!
All this is a little curious, as there have been round about the same number of both Liberal / Coalition Prime Ministers and Australian Labor Party Prime Ministers, certainly the longer serving ones have come from the Conservatives ranks.
I was not altogether sure of exactly where to place Julia Gillard in the reconnoitrer of the available data. Has she ever been elected as Prime Minister? She has served, yes! The woman appears to be an unmitigated failure, according to the polls. As for Bob Brown, who for all intents and purposes is the current Prime Minister, I was in a real quandary as to where to slot him, the wild card of politics.
Julia Gillard did say â??there will be no carbon tax under the government I leadâ?? well strictly speaking there is not going to be a carbon tax under the government she leads, because she is not leading the government. Bob Brown is leading the government.Ossie Friday 12 August, 2011 - 1:14 AM
More Labor Party self-aggrandisement, they have already named an over pass after him and called it the Tom Burns Bridge. The Labor party has the tree of knowledge, shame they did not gain any. There is a whole estate in Ipswich with street names named after Labor politions. Do we have anything named after Menzies, our longest serving Prime Minister. NO! Do we have anything named after John Howard, our second longest serving Prime Minister and responsible for cleaning up Labors last debt. NO! Maybe we should have Gillards Gully to represent the hole she is digging Australia in.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 10 August, 2011 - 1:50 PM