- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Should 'gays' teach children?
4BC News: The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, does not want homosexuals teaching his children.
Mr Gaynor tweeted the controversial opinion on Wednesday night: "I wouldn't let a gay person teach my children and I am not afraid to say it."
The comment has sparked a vicious reply in cyberspace, with the public calling him "hateful", "narrow minded" and "homophobic".
Mr Gaynor, who describes himself as a father of five, an Iraq veteran and Catholic, responded by saying if Australia valued free speech and democracy the right of Christians to hold views about right and wrong should be respected.
"Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children," he tweeted.
It is not the first time Katter's Australian Party has caused a stir over homosexuality.
Its federal candidate in western Victoria has also triggered outrage by comparing gay and lesbian people to pedophiles.
The Australian newspaper reported on Wednesday that Tess Corbett, who is running in the seat of Wannon, also said it would be a "sad day" if homosexuals had equal rights to other people.
Asked whether she thought people were born gay or chose to be, Ms Corbett said: "God doesn't make mistakes."
The party also launched an ad during the 2012 Queensland election campaign attacking Campbell Newman's personal support for gay marriage.
It featured images of two shirtless men, and Mr Newman handling a skirt.
Among those who condemned it as homophobic were party leader Bob Katter's gay half brother Carl, who tweeted: "they are using the politics of fear hate to win vote(s)".
Mel, would you like to come around and we can watch some old Roman movies that I have, what do you say?James W Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I assume your question was directed at my comment regarding sex ed. let me clarify by saying I do not agree with sex ed being taught at school full stop irrespective of the teachers sexual preferences.
In my opinion a child should be taught sex education by the parents in the privacy of the home not in a classroom.Gayle Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:51 AM
ArtG, am I not entitled to my opinions except to be labelled by you as a Fascist and likened to the Nazis and Hitler. Yes, majority rules, the last time I looked we still lived in a democracy with freedom of speech.
Mel, I too have homosexual friends, they do not flaunt it nor do they try to convince others that it is an alternative lifestyle. One is male the other female, they both have partners neither want to bring children into their respective relationships, as best explained by one of my friends, We are Gods little hiccup and just as there are heterosexual couples are unable to have children, we accept that neither can we.BELLA Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:36 AM
Bob Lord, you found what I had to say vile, good, get repulsed by it because it is the next step. You legalise and legitimise the gay community, the very argument they use, these deviates can use to justify their actions. A line has to be drawn in the sand to stop the inevitable.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:11 AM
I stand a long way to the left of you.
Your stance and comments on this subject are repulsive to me.
You may like to take note that both Abbott and Katter have flicked germs in their parties who hold the same views as you. Ms Gillard would not tolerate them. The voters of America flicked politicians who made observations like yours. Your backwards, backwoods thinking belongs in a cave somewhere in Siberia.
Your comments while calling for Tim to apologise over a flippant remark are extreme.
Subject over, you have made vile obnoxious comments unworthy of discussion. Have a dinner party with BELLA, she's a fascist too.Bob Lord Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:59 AM
Bob Lord, question, if it is alright to have same sex marriages, is it not alright for siblings to marry, or for father and daughter and mother and son to have sexual relationships? I would really like to know where you stand on this moral question.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:09 PM