- Storm approaching Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Should 'gays' teach children?
4BC News: The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, does not want homosexuals teaching his children.
Mr Gaynor tweeted the controversial opinion on Wednesday night: "I wouldn't let a gay person teach my children and I am not afraid to say it."
The comment has sparked a vicious reply in cyberspace, with the public calling him "hateful", "narrow minded" and "homophobic".
Mr Gaynor, who describes himself as a father of five, an Iraq veteran and Catholic, responded by saying if Australia valued free speech and democracy the right of Christians to hold views about right and wrong should be respected.
"Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children," he tweeted.
It is not the first time Katter's Australian Party has caused a stir over homosexuality.
Its federal candidate in western Victoria has also triggered outrage by comparing gay and lesbian people to pedophiles.
The Australian newspaper reported on Wednesday that Tess Corbett, who is running in the seat of Wannon, also said it would be a "sad day" if homosexuals had equal rights to other people.
Asked whether she thought people were born gay or chose to be, Ms Corbett said: "God doesn't make mistakes."
The party also launched an ad during the 2012 Queensland election campaign attacking Campbell Newman's personal support for gay marriage.
It featured images of two shirtless men, and Mr Newman handling a skirt.
Among those who condemned it as homophobic were party leader Bob Katter's gay half brother Carl, who tweeted: "they are using the politics of fear hate to win vote(s)".
Mel, would you like to come around and we can watch some old Roman movies that I have, what do you say?James W Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I assume your question was directed at my comment regarding sex ed. let me clarify by saying I do not agree with sex ed being taught at school full stop irrespective of the teachers sexual preferences.
In my opinion a child should be taught sex education by the parents in the privacy of the home not in a classroom.Gayle Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:51 AM
ArtG, am I not entitled to my opinions except to be labelled by you as a Fascist and likened to the Nazis and Hitler. Yes, majority rules, the last time I looked we still lived in a democracy with freedom of speech.
Mel, I too have homosexual friends, they do not flaunt it nor do they try to convince others that it is an alternative lifestyle. One is male the other female, they both have partners neither want to bring children into their respective relationships, as best explained by one of my friends, We are Gods little hiccup and just as there are heterosexual couples are unable to have children, we accept that neither can we.BELLA Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:36 AM
Bob Lord, you found what I had to say vile, good, get repulsed by it because it is the next step. You legalise and legitimise the gay community, the very argument they use, these deviates can use to justify their actions. A line has to be drawn in the sand to stop the inevitable.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:11 AM
I stand a long way to the left of you.
Your stance and comments on this subject are repulsive to me.
You may like to take note that both Abbott and Katter have flicked germs in their parties who hold the same views as you. Ms Gillard would not tolerate them. The voters of America flicked politicians who made observations like yours. Your backwards, backwoods thinking belongs in a cave somewhere in Siberia.
Your comments while calling for Tim to apologise over a flippant remark are extreme.
Subject over, you have made vile obnoxious comments unworthy of discussion. Have a dinner party with BELLA, she's a fascist too.Bob Lord Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:59 AM
Bob Lord, question, if it is alright to have same sex marriages, is it not alright for siblings to marry, or for father and daughter and mother and son to have sexual relationships? I would really like to know where you stand on this moral question.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:09 PM