- Qantas Jet Upgrade
- Canada Parliament in lockdown
- Exploring Brisbane from high
- MEDIA RELEASE:
- Security guard speaks out
- Having a good train trip!
- Ebola tests return negative
- Counter-terrorism raids in Melbourne
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Phillip ISLAND, Bribie ISLAND ask any of there locals, they still say mainlanders, what a rediculous arguement if you build ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge I'm with you Rita, Two words for me , Bribie Island still pristine where locals enjoy living and touries can't get enough ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge I agree totally with Walter. A bridge will destroy the uniqueness of Russell Island. It appears that the almighty dollar is ... more
- eddie terrill on Catch up with Ken Sparkes hi ken; great show tonite 30-09;enjoy the music once again ,keep on rocking from a60s&70s listener.eddie t. more
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
Should 'gays' teach children?
4BC News: The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, does not want homosexuals teaching his children.
Mr Gaynor tweeted the controversial opinion on Wednesday night: "I wouldn't let a gay person teach my children and I am not afraid to say it."
The comment has sparked a vicious reply in cyberspace, with the public calling him "hateful", "narrow minded" and "homophobic".
Mr Gaynor, who describes himself as a father of five, an Iraq veteran and Catholic, responded by saying if Australia valued free speech and democracy the right of Christians to hold views about right and wrong should be respected.
"Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children," he tweeted.
It is not the first time Katter's Australian Party has caused a stir over homosexuality.
Its federal candidate in western Victoria has also triggered outrage by comparing gay and lesbian people to pedophiles.
The Australian newspaper reported on Wednesday that Tess Corbett, who is running in the seat of Wannon, also said it would be a "sad day" if homosexuals had equal rights to other people.
Asked whether she thought people were born gay or chose to be, Ms Corbett said: "God doesn't make mistakes."
The party also launched an ad during the 2012 Queensland election campaign attacking Campbell Newman's personal support for gay marriage.
It featured images of two shirtless men, and Mr Newman handling a skirt.
Among those who condemned it as homophobic were party leader Bob Katter's gay half brother Carl, who tweeted: "they are using the politics of fear hate to win vote(s)".
Mel, would you like to come around and we can watch some old Roman movies that I have, what do you say?James W Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I assume your question was directed at my comment regarding sex ed. let me clarify by saying I do not agree with sex ed being taught at school full stop irrespective of the teachers sexual preferences.
In my opinion a child should be taught sex education by the parents in the privacy of the home not in a classroom.Gayle Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:51 AM
ArtG, am I not entitled to my opinions except to be labelled by you as a Fascist and likened to the Nazis and Hitler. Yes, majority rules, the last time I looked we still lived in a democracy with freedom of speech.
Mel, I too have homosexual friends, they do not flaunt it nor do they try to convince others that it is an alternative lifestyle. One is male the other female, they both have partners neither want to bring children into their respective relationships, as best explained by one of my friends, We are Gods little hiccup and just as there are heterosexual couples are unable to have children, we accept that neither can we.BELLA Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:36 AM
Bob Lord, you found what I had to say vile, good, get repulsed by it because it is the next step. You legalise and legitimise the gay community, the very argument they use, these deviates can use to justify their actions. A line has to be drawn in the sand to stop the inevitable.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:11 AM
I stand a long way to the left of you.
Your stance and comments on this subject are repulsive to me.
You may like to take note that both Abbott and Katter have flicked germs in their parties who hold the same views as you. Ms Gillard would not tolerate them. The voters of America flicked politicians who made observations like yours. Your backwards, backwoods thinking belongs in a cave somewhere in Siberia.
Your comments while calling for Tim to apologise over a flippant remark are extreme.
Subject over, you have made vile obnoxious comments unworthy of discussion. Have a dinner party with BELLA, she's a fascist too.Bob Lord Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:59 AM
Bob Lord, question, if it is alright to have same sex marriages, is it not alright for siblings to marry, or for father and daughter and mother and son to have sexual relationships? I would really like to know where you stand on this moral question.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:09 PM