- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
Should 'gays' teach children?
4BC News: The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, does not want homosexuals teaching his children.
Mr Gaynor tweeted the controversial opinion on Wednesday night: "I wouldn't let a gay person teach my children and I am not afraid to say it."
The comment has sparked a vicious reply in cyberspace, with the public calling him "hateful", "narrow minded" and "homophobic".
Mr Gaynor, who describes himself as a father of five, an Iraq veteran and Catholic, responded by saying if Australia valued free speech and democracy the right of Christians to hold views about right and wrong should be respected.
"Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children," he tweeted.
It is not the first time Katter's Australian Party has caused a stir over homosexuality.
Its federal candidate in western Victoria has also triggered outrage by comparing gay and lesbian people to pedophiles.
The Australian newspaper reported on Wednesday that Tess Corbett, who is running in the seat of Wannon, also said it would be a "sad day" if homosexuals had equal rights to other people.
Asked whether she thought people were born gay or chose to be, Ms Corbett said: "God doesn't make mistakes."
The party also launched an ad during the 2012 Queensland election campaign attacking Campbell Newman's personal support for gay marriage.
It featured images of two shirtless men, and Mr Newman handling a skirt.
Among those who condemned it as homophobic were party leader Bob Katter's gay half brother Carl, who tweeted: "they are using the politics of fear hate to win vote(s)".
Mel, would you like to come around and we can watch some old Roman movies that I have, what do you say?James W Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I assume your question was directed at my comment regarding sex ed. let me clarify by saying I do not agree with sex ed being taught at school full stop irrespective of the teachers sexual preferences.
In my opinion a child should be taught sex education by the parents in the privacy of the home not in a classroom.Gayle Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:51 AM
ArtG, am I not entitled to my opinions except to be labelled by you as a Fascist and likened to the Nazis and Hitler. Yes, majority rules, the last time I looked we still lived in a democracy with freedom of speech.
Mel, I too have homosexual friends, they do not flaunt it nor do they try to convince others that it is an alternative lifestyle. One is male the other female, they both have partners neither want to bring children into their respective relationships, as best explained by one of my friends, We are Gods little hiccup and just as there are heterosexual couples are unable to have children, we accept that neither can we.BELLA Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:36 AM
Bob Lord, you found what I had to say vile, good, get repulsed by it because it is the next step. You legalise and legitimise the gay community, the very argument they use, these deviates can use to justify their actions. A line has to be drawn in the sand to stop the inevitable.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:11 AM
I stand a long way to the left of you.
Your stance and comments on this subject are repulsive to me.
You may like to take note that both Abbott and Katter have flicked germs in their parties who hold the same views as you. Ms Gillard would not tolerate them. The voters of America flicked politicians who made observations like yours. Your backwards, backwoods thinking belongs in a cave somewhere in Siberia.
Your comments while calling for Tim to apologise over a flippant remark are extreme.
Subject over, you have made vile obnoxious comments unworthy of discussion. Have a dinner party with BELLA, she's a fascist too.Bob Lord Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:59 AM
Bob Lord, question, if it is alright to have same sex marriages, is it not alright for siblings to marry, or for father and daughter and mother and son to have sexual relationships? I would really like to know where you stand on this moral question.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:09 PM