- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Should 'gays' teach children?
4BC News: The Queensland senate candidate for Katter's Australian Party, Bernard Gaynor, does not want homosexuals teaching his children.
Mr Gaynor tweeted the controversial opinion on Wednesday night: "I wouldn't let a gay person teach my children and I am not afraid to say it."
The comment has sparked a vicious reply in cyberspace, with the public calling him "hateful", "narrow minded" and "homophobic".
Mr Gaynor, who describes himself as a father of five, an Iraq veteran and Catholic, responded by saying if Australia valued free speech and democracy the right of Christians to hold views about right and wrong should be respected.
"Parents should have discretion over who teaches their children," he tweeted.
It is not the first time Katter's Australian Party has caused a stir over homosexuality.
Its federal candidate in western Victoria has also triggered outrage by comparing gay and lesbian people to pedophiles.
The Australian newspaper reported on Wednesday that Tess Corbett, who is running in the seat of Wannon, also said it would be a "sad day" if homosexuals had equal rights to other people.
Asked whether she thought people were born gay or chose to be, Ms Corbett said: "God doesn't make mistakes."
The party also launched an ad during the 2012 Queensland election campaign attacking Campbell Newman's personal support for gay marriage.
It featured images of two shirtless men, and Mr Newman handling a skirt.
Among those who condemned it as homophobic were party leader Bob Katter's gay half brother Carl, who tweeted: "they are using the politics of fear hate to win vote(s)".
Mel, would you like to come around and we can watch some old Roman movies that I have, what do you say?James W Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 12:59 PM
I assume your question was directed at my comment regarding sex ed. let me clarify by saying I do not agree with sex ed being taught at school full stop irrespective of the teachers sexual preferences.
In my opinion a child should be taught sex education by the parents in the privacy of the home not in a classroom.Gayle Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 10:51 AM
ArtG, am I not entitled to my opinions except to be labelled by you as a Fascist and likened to the Nazis and Hitler. Yes, majority rules, the last time I looked we still lived in a democracy with freedom of speech.
Mel, I too have homosexual friends, they do not flaunt it nor do they try to convince others that it is an alternative lifestyle. One is male the other female, they both have partners neither want to bring children into their respective relationships, as best explained by one of my friends, We are Gods little hiccup and just as there are heterosexual couples are unable to have children, we accept that neither can we.BELLA Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:36 AM
Bob Lord, you found what I had to say vile, good, get repulsed by it because it is the next step. You legalise and legitimise the gay community, the very argument they use, these deviates can use to justify their actions. A line has to be drawn in the sand to stop the inevitable.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 8:11 AM
I stand a long way to the left of you.
Your stance and comments on this subject are repulsive to me.
You may like to take note that both Abbott and Katter have flicked germs in their parties who hold the same views as you. Ms Gillard would not tolerate them. The voters of America flicked politicians who made observations like yours. Your backwards, backwoods thinking belongs in a cave somewhere in Siberia.
Your comments while calling for Tim to apologise over a flippant remark are extreme.
Subject over, you have made vile obnoxious comments unworthy of discussion. Have a dinner party with BELLA, she's a fascist too.Bob Lord Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:59 AM
Bob Lord, question, if it is alright to have same sex marriages, is it not alright for siblings to marry, or for father and daughter and mother and son to have sexual relationships? I would really like to know where you stand on this moral question.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 10:09 PM