- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Sally Pearson: Qld's best athlete
4BC Sports Today: Sally Pearson has swept the floor at the state and national sports awards nights, winning Queensland Sports Star of the year and Australia’s Best Female Athlete of the year.
Pearson’s 2012 London Olympics team mates also dominated key awards in both awards nights.
Overall, women provided half the 15 winners on the night and half the six Hall of Fame inductees, with Olympic gold medalists in cyclist Sara Carrigan, swimmer Jodie Henry and hockey’s Nikki Hudson joining footballers the late Graham Cooke (rugby union), the late Jim Craig (rugby league) and former Socceroo Craig Moore as the newest members of the 166 strong Hall of Fame.
The late, great rugby league forward Arthur Beetson was elevated as the 12th Legend of Queensland Sport joining the 1st X1 Legends installed last year.
Paralympic gold medal winning swimmer Brenden Hall won The Courier-Mail McDonald’s Queensland Athlete with a Disability Award while new ARL Commission Chairman John Grant was named the OAMPS Queensland Sport Administrator of the Year.
Sally Pearson’s coach Sharon Hannan won the Queensland Government sponsored Coach of the Year Award while ground breaking AFL goal umpire Chelsea Roffey was the Konica Minolta Queensland Sport Officiator of the Year.
The Queensland Men’s Under 21 Table Tennis team was the Queensland Government Junior Sport Team of the Year, Little Athletics’ Graeme Smith was named Brisbane City Council Queensland Sport Volunteer of the Year while the Brisbane International Tennis tournament in January was named the BCEC Queensland Sport Event of the Year.
QSport Service to Sport Awards were awarded to canoeing’s Sallyanne Gardner, swimming’s Julie McGinley, golf’s Barry Shepherd and cycling’s Mike Victor.
The Queensland Sport Awards are conducted each year by QSport as the industry peak body for sport in Queensland which also coordinates the Queensland Sport Hall of Fame.
2012 Queensland sport awards recipients
The Queensland Sports Tar of the Year: Sally Pearson
Junior Sports Star of the Year: Brittany Broben
Sports Team of the Year: Australian Women’s Olympic 4x100m Freestyle Swimming Relay Team
Coach of the Year: Sharon Hannan (athletics)
Athlete with a Disability Award: Brenden Hall (swimming)
Sport Event of the Year: Brisbane International (tennis)
Sports Officiator of the Year: Chelsea Roffey (AFL goal umpire)
Sport Volunteer of the Year: Graeme Smith (Little athletics)