- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
- Barry Mackenzie on MP 'blood on his hands' Labour greens caused all of this, i wish she shut up imsick of hearing about centerlink seekers more
- Tim on Calls for Island bridge I feel a trafic bridge to the island would have a negative effect ,not to mention the ferry /barge operators loss of key ... more
Royal Commission called for
4BC Mornings: Independent Senator of South Australia, Nick Xenophon, has joined a growing number of public figures in calling for a Royal Commission into child abuse and cover ups within the clergy of the Catholic Church.
Senator Xenophon and Hetty Johnson from Bravehearts join Greg Cary to talk about the duty we have as a public to protect our children and deliver justices for victims.
Still think there should be a full investigation into a lot of babies and toddlers that die which Police always say tragic accident. A new born killed by mum and Police say not in public interest to charge the mother
Everyone happy in Court. Baby left in car to die all day at Toowomba mum forgot.
No one ever feels sorry for the baby/toddler. Cover ups for the parent/carer. Gaol term should be for all child deaths not sympathy. Toddler killed on railway line and they breath test the Driver.
Mum has half a fence on the house.disgusted Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 6:00 PM
Nothing wrong with making the world safer for kids.
Its just that everything Julia touches turns to mud.
She would be hard pressed organising a chook raffle based on her previous efforts.
And I can't see this latest political point scorer being any different.
She really should try to finish at least one project that she has started with the exception of new taxes. I have to give credit where where credit is due. She is very good at relesing new taxes on the people.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 3:14 PM
Nice little DOUBLE WAMMY for the Athiest Miss Gillard.
One slice at the church, any church will do, all of them would be better.
The second wack at Kevin Rudd and his hand in the shredding of the Heiner Report.BELLA Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:15 PM
Can you trust the ALP with a Royal Commission when this is there history.
Milton Orkopoulos, 30 offences including involvement in child prostitution, sexual assault and supplying illegal drugs. On 25 August 2009 the NSW Court rejected his appeal against his conviction but reduced his maximum sentence to 13 years and eight months (instead of the 13 years and 11 months sentence by the trial court) with a non-parole period of nine years
Terry Martin, a member of the ALP was expelled from the parliamentary Labor party after crossing the floor. He then sat as an independent, produced child pornography and had sexual penetration of a child under the age of 17, receives a suspended sentence.
Keith Wright, child sex offences and rape, 8 years (non-parole period 4 years), paroled after 5Â½ years.
Bill Darcy in 2000 he was convicted of a number of sexual offences against children from his days as a sole teacher at country primary schools. He was released in 2007.
Bernard Finnigan, has been a member of the South Australian Legislative Council since 2006. He was elected as a member of the ALP, but resigned and was suspended from the party in 2011 after being charged with child pornography offences.
Bob Collins, he died by suicide with multiple charges of child sex abuse pending in both the Northern Territory and ACT. In the Australia Day Honours of 2004, Collins was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:14 PM
All is well, mick is on the side of the child abusers, Richard makes a political issue out of it, Media Magic is welcomed to the nut farm, PeterB says his usual nonsense and CRY works Kevin Rudd and a 20 year old event into it.Bob Lord Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM
It takes time to set up the terms of Refference for an inquiry of this scope. It will probably take years for this to finish and cost millions. Even the Libs support this. What is wrong with trying to keep children safe? Also Mick, the UK government is a Tory one, so that makes them the opposite of a socialist one. Is there not one free thinker among you? Hetty Johnson loves this idea. The covering up of child abuse by any, I repeat any, organisation be it government or church of any denomination must be stamped out root and branch. That you see commie plots and dark government deeds at play here speaks a lot more about you all than the likes of Ms Johnson.Barry Mackenzie Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:22 PM