- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Royal Commission called for
4BC Mornings: Independent Senator of South Australia, Nick Xenophon, has joined a growing number of public figures in calling for a Royal Commission into child abuse and cover ups within the clergy of the Catholic Church.
Senator Xenophon and Hetty Johnson from Bravehearts join Greg Cary to talk about the duty we have as a public to protect our children and deliver justices for victims.
Still think there should be a full investigation into a lot of babies and toddlers that die which Police always say tragic accident. A new born killed by mum and Police say not in public interest to charge the mother
Everyone happy in Court. Baby left in car to die all day at Toowomba mum forgot.
No one ever feels sorry for the baby/toddler. Cover ups for the parent/carer. Gaol term should be for all child deaths not sympathy. Toddler killed on railway line and they breath test the Driver.
Mum has half a fence on the house.disgusted Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 6:00 PM
Nothing wrong with making the world safer for kids.
Its just that everything Julia touches turns to mud.
She would be hard pressed organising a chook raffle based on her previous efforts.
And I can't see this latest political point scorer being any different.
She really should try to finish at least one project that she has started with the exception of new taxes. I have to give credit where where credit is due. She is very good at relesing new taxes on the people.Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 3:14 PM
Nice little DOUBLE WAMMY for the Athiest Miss Gillard.
One slice at the church, any church will do, all of them would be better.
The second wack at Kevin Rudd and his hand in the shredding of the Heiner Report.BELLA Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:15 PM
Can you trust the ALP with a Royal Commission when this is there history.
Milton Orkopoulos, 30 offences including involvement in child prostitution, sexual assault and supplying illegal drugs. On 25 August 2009 the NSW Court rejected his appeal against his conviction but reduced his maximum sentence to 13 years and eight months (instead of the 13 years and 11 months sentence by the trial court) with a non-parole period of nine years
Terry Martin, a member of the ALP was expelled from the parliamentary Labor party after crossing the floor. He then sat as an independent, produced child pornography and had sexual penetration of a child under the age of 17, receives a suspended sentence.
Keith Wright, child sex offences and rape, 8 years (non-parole period 4 years), paroled after 5Â½ years.
Bill Darcy in 2000 he was convicted of a number of sexual offences against children from his days as a sole teacher at country primary schools. He was released in 2007.
Bernard Finnigan, has been a member of the South Australian Legislative Council since 2006. He was elected as a member of the ALP, but resigned and was suspended from the party in 2011 after being charged with child pornography offences.
Bob Collins, he died by suicide with multiple charges of child sex abuse pending in both the Northern Territory and ACT. In the Australia Day Honours of 2004, Collins was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:14 PM
All is well, mick is on the side of the child abusers, Richard makes a political issue out of it, Media Magic is welcomed to the nut farm, PeterB says his usual nonsense and CRY works Kevin Rudd and a 20 year old event into it.Bob Lord Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM
It takes time to set up the terms of Refference for an inquiry of this scope. It will probably take years for this to finish and cost millions. Even the Libs support this. What is wrong with trying to keep children safe? Also Mick, the UK government is a Tory one, so that makes them the opposite of a socialist one. Is there not one free thinker among you? Hetty Johnson loves this idea. The covering up of child abuse by any, I repeat any, organisation be it government or church of any denomination must be stamped out root and branch. That you see commie plots and dark government deeds at play here speaks a lot more about you all than the likes of Ms Johnson.Barry Mackenzie Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 12:22 PM