- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Robinson River Community
4BC Mornings: Greg Cary talks to Bill South, CEO of the Robinson River Community in the Northern Territory about the challenges of managing a shire the size of Victoria with a population of 6,000-7,000 people.
Greg, Robinson River has a population of about 200-300 people in town and a maximum of another 100 people on the surrounding outstations. Not sure where you got the population of 6,000 to 7,000 from!??Emma Friday 22 March, 2013 - 2:14 PM
Bill did come from a paternalistic value system. He actually cared and regardless of what may appear to be an assimilation mentality being a resident of Robinson River is better than any other Territory Community.
So often the staff who occupy communities are more dysfunctional than the residents they are meant to be servicing.
Robinson River people are a very special group and I only hope that the Board are now stepping up to the plate to build on their already strong foundations.Family first and money later.Warren Bretag Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 4:34 PM
I reckon the LNP man will now be at long odds to win the sunshine coast seat. I think a roughey will get it.Paul Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 7:55 PM
Mr South is part of the problem not part of the solution. He has divided the community and plays people off against each other. Best he go back to distorting furniture which he has a long track record.Tomas white Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 4:40 PM
Sad when a community of beautiful people have told me they feel betrayed by the very person that was put there to help. Why is Bill has to drive 1200km to Darwin to catch a plane when he says in his interview he has a million dollar airstrip at Robinson River. All I can say is what a load of croc. I have met the people of Robinson River and many of them I class as friends. Stay Strong Robinson River you deserve the same choices all other Australians take for granted.Kerrie Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Good ole Bill South...he would have been perfect in the old welfare days of the assimilation era. He may one come to your community and save you too!Phil Monday 26 November, 2012 - 4:31 PM