- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Refugees poorly accommodated
4BC Drive: Stuart Crow is a local business owner in Milton who came to work this week to find 30-40 refugees camped on his premises with little to no warning.
Crow is told they have been placed there by the Multicultural Development Association and is concerned for his staff who are working amongst these people.
Point 1 - Nope
Point 2 - Yep
Point 3 - All Australians have been wronged by them.
Point 4 - NO it was not, it was the lowest primary vote and actually elected by 3 self serving independents, so is that democracy.
Point 5 - It was not about the quality of the talk, it was all prenegotiated amongst the losers of the election.
PS: do not call me mate you Australian and Australia hating communist pissant.mick Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 11:27 AM
Barry Mackenzie, a while back you had spit at me and informed me that you were trained at Duntroon, an Australian Army officer training establishment. I have always questioned in my mind the validity of that statement. Now after your last post, I now know it is not true because no way would a Duntroon officer have so many spelling and grammar mistakes in the one paragraph.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 10:55 AM
There is evidence emerging that the Eureka stockade was nothing more than a folktale.Rich Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 10:33 AM
So mick mate, Have the Unions ever done anything good in your view? You seem to have a bit of a hard on about them. Perhaps you have been wronged somewhere in the past. Also this Government was Ellected by the people of Australia, every single mp Labor, Liberal National, Independant etc, has been ellected by their constituants. Then well as your so politicaly astuts you can figure out the rest. Or perhaps you are just not impressed that Mr Abbott, did not have better skill at talking the Greens etc into forming Government with him. You will get you chance next year mate, just vote Liberal.Barry Mackenzie Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 10:09 AM
I also think it is bigger story than it is. For starters why have these people been placed in a commercial building with no proper cooking/bathroom facilities? On the flip side why weren't tenants in the building informed this was going to happen by the owner? This surely has to be illegal? Did she think they would not notice?michael Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 9:02 AM
How come when I do a google search this story does not appear any where? I found a blog and 4bc that was it! Nothing on the Courier or Brisbane Times...is it just me or should this be a bigger story than it apparently is? Yes, I know that it was a story on one of the tabloid shows last night.Mike Lollis Thursday 13 December, 2012 - 8:52 AM