- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Rains smash South-East
A man has drowned after being swept from his car near Kilcoy northeast of Brisbane as more torrential rain pounds southern Queensland.
Police say the man became trapped as he drove along Mary Smokes Creek Road, inland from the Glasshouse Mountains about 4pm (AEST) on Monday.
He was washed from his car.
Heavy rain has been predicted over a 600km stretch of Queensland coast, from Gladstone to the NSW border.
The weather bureau says widespread falls of 100mm are likely with even higher totals forecast in some areas through Tuesday.
In Bundaberg, which is still recovering from devastating floods in the wake of cyclone Oswald, falls of up to 200mm are possible on Tuesday with the rain likely to last until Wednesday.
Flash flooding alerts have been issued for a number of areas including Gladstone, Gympie, Kingaroy, Hervey Bay and Fraser Island.
Flooding is also possible on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts as well as Brisbane and Ipswich.
The town of Gympie is expecting a minor flood peak of six metres on Monday night.
Big swells have closed beaches, carving out three metre sand cliffs on Surfers Paradise Beach. Stairs and walkways have also been ripped out of the dunes.
A newborn baby was flown to Gold Coast Hospital after his mother gave birth as flood waters rose rapidly in northern NSW.
The 37-year-old woman gave birth to the boy about 4.40am (AEST) on Monday before emergency crews could reach her property at Palmvale, near the NSW-Queensland border.
SES and swiftwater rescue crews eventually reached her by boat but a rescue chopper from Queensland was called amid fears floodwaters would keep rising.
"They are both doing well and travelled in a stable condition," CareFlight paramedic Clint Peters said in a statement.
The baby boy was named Sabre.
In Brisbane's south, swift water rescue teams saved 16 children on Monday morning after their bus was trapped by flash flooding.
Three crews ferried the children to safety in inflatable boats.
On Monday afternoon Brisbane's Flood Operation Centre began releasing water from Wivenhoe and Somerset dams, the city's main water supplies.
So I guess you want to Stop The Boats!
"Its all about the money and greed Bob, and Tony is a politician as well, so I put him in the same boat as the other greedy bastards"
tut tut, encouraging politicians to LIE and Break Promises.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 5:27 PM
Its all about the money and greed Bob, and Tony is a politician as well, so I put him in the same boat as the other greedy bastards if he doesn't repeal the decision.
He will still get my vote but only because their is no other alternative to getting rid of this current mob of gangsters.Rich Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 1:20 PM
And Abbott's head with lies too rich.
Once Tony was a sceptic but now he's a believer. Damn that Tim Flannery, he's got all our politicians by the hairies. Lucky you are here to keep the deniers rocking on and well informed rich.
Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
Bob have you worked out the difference between a Labor lie and the truth yet.
Tim Flannery said that nothing will stop the drought andthe dams will never fill again.
Boy , doesn't he look like an idiot now. And the 97% (sic)should be automatically selected into the Dumbass Society after filling poor Tims head with lies.Rich Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 10:45 AM
LOL LOL LOL
The boys are on it today alright.
Yep mick, Labor is causing the rain out of spite.
Yep rich, the carbon tax is working - it stopped the drought!
You two worked out the difference between climate change and weather events yet?
Still disagreeing with 97% of the world's climate scientists I see.
In your guts you know your nuts.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Bob the Slob blaming everyone else but not the real culprits Gillard Swan and Rudd, they introduced a tax to fix up the weather and now look at what they are doing out of spite bringing in all the nasty weather because the polls are telling the truth for a change. Does not look like any of labor's policies are or have worked at all, except for the hate policies against Australians and Australia hence the weather.mick Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:41 AM