- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Rains smash South-East
A man has drowned after being swept from his car near Kilcoy northeast of Brisbane as more torrential rain pounds southern Queensland.
Police say the man became trapped as he drove along Mary Smokes Creek Road, inland from the Glasshouse Mountains about 4pm (AEST) on Monday.
He was washed from his car.
Heavy rain has been predicted over a 600km stretch of Queensland coast, from Gladstone to the NSW border.
The weather bureau says widespread falls of 100mm are likely with even higher totals forecast in some areas through Tuesday.
In Bundaberg, which is still recovering from devastating floods in the wake of cyclone Oswald, falls of up to 200mm are possible on Tuesday with the rain likely to last until Wednesday.
Flash flooding alerts have been issued for a number of areas including Gladstone, Gympie, Kingaroy, Hervey Bay and Fraser Island.
Flooding is also possible on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts as well as Brisbane and Ipswich.
The town of Gympie is expecting a minor flood peak of six metres on Monday night.
Big swells have closed beaches, carving out three metre sand cliffs on Surfers Paradise Beach. Stairs and walkways have also been ripped out of the dunes.
A newborn baby was flown to Gold Coast Hospital after his mother gave birth as flood waters rose rapidly in northern NSW.
The 37-year-old woman gave birth to the boy about 4.40am (AEST) on Monday before emergency crews could reach her property at Palmvale, near the NSW-Queensland border.
SES and swiftwater rescue crews eventually reached her by boat but a rescue chopper from Queensland was called amid fears floodwaters would keep rising.
"They are both doing well and travelled in a stable condition," CareFlight paramedic Clint Peters said in a statement.
The baby boy was named Sabre.
In Brisbane's south, swift water rescue teams saved 16 children on Monday morning after their bus was trapped by flash flooding.
Three crews ferried the children to safety in inflatable boats.
On Monday afternoon Brisbane's Flood Operation Centre began releasing water from Wivenhoe and Somerset dams, the city's main water supplies.
So I guess you want to Stop The Boats!
"Its all about the money and greed Bob, and Tony is a politician as well, so I put him in the same boat as the other greedy bastards"
tut tut, encouraging politicians to LIE and Break Promises.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 5:27 PM
Its all about the money and greed Bob, and Tony is a politician as well, so I put him in the same boat as the other greedy bastards if he doesn't repeal the decision.
He will still get my vote but only because their is no other alternative to getting rid of this current mob of gangsters.Rich Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 1:20 PM
And Abbott's head with lies too rich.
Once Tony was a sceptic but now he's a believer. Damn that Tim Flannery, he's got all our politicians by the hairies. Lucky you are here to keep the deniers rocking on and well informed rich.
Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
Bob have you worked out the difference between a Labor lie and the truth yet.
Tim Flannery said that nothing will stop the drought andthe dams will never fill again.
Boy , doesn't he look like an idiot now. And the 97% (sic)should be automatically selected into the Dumbass Society after filling poor Tims head with lies.Rich Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 10:45 AM
LOL LOL LOL
The boys are on it today alright.
Yep mick, Labor is causing the rain out of spite.
Yep rich, the carbon tax is working - it stopped the drought!
You two worked out the difference between climate change and weather events yet?
Still disagreeing with 97% of the world's climate scientists I see.
In your guts you know your nuts.Bob Lord Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Bob the Slob blaming everyone else but not the real culprits Gillard Swan and Rudd, they introduced a tax to fix up the weather and now look at what they are doing out of spite bringing in all the nasty weather because the polls are telling the truth for a change. Does not look like any of labor's policies are or have worked at all, except for the hate policies against Australians and Australia hence the weather.mick Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 9:41 AM