- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Racial tension in Logan
4BC Drive: Racial tension has been blamed for the hit and run death of Logan teen Jordan Matehaere Tukaki on Saturday night.
Federal Member for Woodridge, Desley Scott, joins Gary Hardgrave to discuss whether we should be concerned that race relations will be responsible for more touble in the future.
Qld hit-run accused to spend Xmas in jail
The man accused of murdering a Brisbane teenager in a hit and run outside a wild house party will spend Christmas in jail.
Charles Greene, 21, is charged with the murder of 17-year-old Jordan Matehaere Tukaki.
The teenager was hit by a car during the party in Brisbane's south on the weekend.
Greene didn't appear at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Monday.
His lawyer Lex Weddell appeared on his behalf, with Greene remanded in custody until the case returns to court on January 21.
Greene, from Woodridge, was also charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and callous disregard.
Outside the court, a friend of Mr Tukaki, Kaya Taylor, told reporters tensions were high within the community.
"They want revenge on the Africans but we're saying not to," Ms Taylor said.
"Jordan wouldn't want that because he was very humble."
Police say 100 to 150 people were at the party on Station Road at Woodridge when a brawl erupted and spilled out onto the street on Saturday night.
Woodridge MP Desley Scott says community leaders will meet on Monday amid suggestions from witnesses the brawl was sparked by racial tensions.
"We've had incidents before where we've been able to work through issues, so I have no doubt that we will work through these issues," she told ABC Radio.
"I did see that someone was suggesting that it could escalate, but I know the strength of our community.
"I'm sure that we will work through this again."
However, Detective Inspector Christopher Jory told reporters on Sunday there was nothing to suggest the incident was either gang or racially motivated.