- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Racial tension in Logan
4BC Drive: Racial tension has been blamed for the hit and run death of Logan teen Jordan Matehaere Tukaki on Saturday night.
Federal Member for Woodridge, Desley Scott, joins Gary Hardgrave to discuss whether we should be concerned that race relations will be responsible for more touble in the future.
Qld hit-run accused to spend Xmas in jail
The man accused of murdering a Brisbane teenager in a hit and run outside a wild house party will spend Christmas in jail.
Charles Greene, 21, is charged with the murder of 17-year-old Jordan Matehaere Tukaki.
The teenager was hit by a car during the party in Brisbane's south on the weekend.
Greene didn't appear at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Monday.
His lawyer Lex Weddell appeared on his behalf, with Greene remanded in custody until the case returns to court on January 21.
Greene, from Woodridge, was also charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and callous disregard.
Outside the court, a friend of Mr Tukaki, Kaya Taylor, told reporters tensions were high within the community.
"They want revenge on the Africans but we're saying not to," Ms Taylor said.
"Jordan wouldn't want that because he was very humble."
Police say 100 to 150 people were at the party on Station Road at Woodridge when a brawl erupted and spilled out onto the street on Saturday night.
Woodridge MP Desley Scott says community leaders will meet on Monday amid suggestions from witnesses the brawl was sparked by racial tensions.
"We've had incidents before where we've been able to work through issues, so I have no doubt that we will work through these issues," she told ABC Radio.
"I did see that someone was suggesting that it could escalate, but I know the strength of our community.
"I'm sure that we will work through this again."
However, Detective Inspector Christopher Jory told reporters on Sunday there was nothing to suggest the incident was either gang or racially motivated.