- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
QLD tourism gone stale?
4BC Mornings: As Queensland’s tourism industry struggles to regain it’s footing after a summer of disasters Greg Cary speaks with Ron Livingstone, the Director of Pinnacle Tourism Marketing and tourism industry veteran of 16 years, to find out what needs to be done to pick it up.
Well when they start puting them all in it will be a stream of stupidity that you will be able to relate to quite easily Bob backwater.mick Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 3:29 PM
Dear Mick. LOL!!!!
Cold stream gas wells! That'd be "coal seam" I'm sure. Anyway did you know that these things are helping save small country towns, bringing in workers, increasing services etc Why Roma's population has increased from 5000 to 15000.Bob Lord Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 10:08 AM
When you are sticking cold stream gas wells all over the place for a quick quid and poisoning the ground water and burning the topsoil with dredged up salt of course tourism will be affected so where is the green in this.mick Tuesday 8 November, 2011 - 6:37 AM
My wife and i spent a day the GC.
What amazed me was the retail shops closed on the main drag.
The beach at 1 pm looked deserted.
The mall was not very busy
Also the accommodation we staying at Mantra Legends had very little overseas travelers staying there.
We stay at this place several times during the year and it usually is chock a block with Chinese holiday makers.
Ron I hope it changes soon as more and more retailers will pack up and leave the GCRonny Of Brighton QLD Monday 7 November, 2011 - 10:55 AM