- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Put up or shut up, acts PM
4BC Mornings: Prime Minister Julia Gillard has batted opposition questions on the AWU matter in parliament, by referring to answers she gave at a 50-minute media conference before question time.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop opened question time on Monday by asking Ms Gillard why she provided legal advice to AWU officials Ralph Blewitt and Bruce Wilson to establish the Australian Workers' Union Reform Association, in contravention of union rules.
"I have just dealt with this precise question at a press conference," Ms Gillard told parliament.
Liberal frontbencher Bronwyn Bishop then raised a point of order, saying Ms Gillard did not deserve to be prime minister if she thought questions by journalists substituted for questions by members.
Ms Gillard belittled the interjection, saying she had just had one of those "ultra-secret things" called a press conference.
"That's what you do: you call a press conference in front of the full press gallery and conduct it for the best part of an hour if you don't want people to know what you said," Ms Gillard joked.
She is a compulsive liar , has lied throughout her appointment and now she expects me to believe her now.
Integrity and Honesty is best shown thrugh deeds.Rich Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
If Julia is so bad, why is Abbott still trailing her woefully as preferred PM? Australians aren't stupid. If there was anything to these AWU claims, charges would have been laid. Here's hoping both sides lift their game in the New Year.just me Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:21 PM
Juliar has still NOT anwered the questions! They are all pretty basic, a simple yes or no would suffice.
That she continually avoids giving any answer only leads to one very simple conclusion!
The vile rhetoric that spews from her mouth on a daily basis is an absolute disgrace... and she is our Prime Mistress?
I don't hold any of our pollies in high regard.
If you want my respect...earn it!
But Juliar really is a piece of work!
HONESTY, INTEGRITY and SINCERITY... Three very important words, none of which apply to Gillard!
If KRUDD isn't sharpening the knives over Christmas, I know nothing!wal1957 Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 6:16 PM
Rich, so your reality TV show would be called "Dodge, Weave, Avoid" (DWA) or...Don't Want Abbott!,,TTFNroger Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Wonder who will be gone over the Christmas break - Abbott or Bishop.
Both misleading Parliament, both refusing to apologise.
Young Julia will destroy both of them next year if either survives.Bob Lord Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 8:17 PM
Gillard does not have the capacity or intelligence to answer a direct question with a direct answer.
One of the traits of a weak leader I suppose.
Maybe she could pilot a new reality show.
Dodge, Weave, AvoidRich Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 2:59 PM