- Party precinct: failed
- The Doors keyboardist Manzarek dies
- IR changes opposed
- Waiting for 'little mate' to wake
- Breathing difficulties, sleep
- New flood tax planned
- Glenn Lazarus joins Palmer
- Fairfax CEO challenges status quo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gayle on IR changes opposed I am so sick and tired of politicians and unions doing their level best to convince us that they all know what each party is ... more
- ArtG on New flood tax planned RichardI guess bligh being a labor person wouldn't have been blessed with the ability to see the future like you. And who ... more
- Harry on IR changes opposed Go away with your own hate filled putridity Ri hard. more
- Richard on IR changes opposed Same should apply to ALL political advertising and campaigns.Still months away from an election and we are already being ... more
- Richard on New flood tax planned LOL Mick, ARTG's response.DESAL plants, now that was a good investment(NOT).Anna Bligh sacked the water minister because the ... more
- Jeff on IR changes opposed break all the unions! more
- Harry on IR changes opposed Better offf without unions anyway. All the businesses and companies I deal with are beyond rappoach. Totally honest and ... more
- artg on New flood tax planned mickPipelines recycling plants more
- mick on New flood tax planned "So she spent spent our grandchildren's money (cough) by spending on huge infrastruture projects and placing Queensland into ... more
- David on Waiting for 'little mate' to wake This isn't a good story and my thoughts are with the family. Much more I could say but this isn't the time. more
- health museum houston on Baby bonus not budgeted for Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and ... more
- west coast france holidays on Swan's sixth budget Hi This is my earliest blog, it's really a school work for the institution. more
- roger on PM emotional for DisabilityCare Cry, do you have the guts to say that to Fiona Anderson's son Sandy? more
- Wendy Graham on Green Ant Bite Treatments I was bitten on the toes by a couple of green ants this morning , while beside myself with pain I tried teatree oil, ... more
- Lewis on Vale, Haydn Sargent Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it's new ... more
- Lorraine Bennett on John Miller Passes Away I was keenly watching the documentary this afternoon on the restoration of Brisbane City Hall and saw in the trailer that it ... more
- mick on New flood tax planned This is about continual bad planning and is not our problem greedy councils and developers and useless labor governments, ... more
- Gayle on Swan's sixth budget Bob Lord can you lie straight in bed? your comment, I see France is now in recession- they went austerity measures, just ... more
- ArtG on Swan's sixth budget I await the Opposition's plans to cut the deficit. Having convinced a large proportion of the public that a deficit is a bad ... more
- ArtG on New flood tax planned This is a much better plan than Bligh's. She wanted to drought proof Queensland as she governed during Australia's worst ... more
Put up or shut up, acts PM
4BC Mornings: Prime Minister Julia Gillard has batted opposition questions on the AWU matter in parliament, by referring to answers she gave at a 50-minute media conference before question time.
Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop opened question time on Monday by asking Ms Gillard why she provided legal advice to AWU officials Ralph Blewitt and Bruce Wilson to establish the Australian Workers' Union Reform Association, in contravention of union rules.
"I have just dealt with this precise question at a press conference," Ms Gillard told parliament.
Liberal frontbencher Bronwyn Bishop then raised a point of order, saying Ms Gillard did not deserve to be prime minister if she thought questions by journalists substituted for questions by members.
Ms Gillard belittled the interjection, saying she had just had one of those "ultra-secret things" called a press conference.
"That's what you do: you call a press conference in front of the full press gallery and conduct it for the best part of an hour if you don't want people to know what you said," Ms Gillard joked.
She is a compulsive liar , has lied throughout her appointment and now she expects me to believe her now.
Integrity and Honesty is best shown thrugh deeds.Rich Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:10 PM
If Julia is so bad, why is Abbott still trailing her woefully as preferred PM? Australians aren't stupid. If there was anything to these AWU claims, charges would have been laid. Here's hoping both sides lift their game in the New Year.just me Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:21 PM
Juliar has still NOT anwered the questions! They are all pretty basic, a simple yes or no would suffice.
That she continually avoids giving any answer only leads to one very simple conclusion!
The vile rhetoric that spews from her mouth on a daily basis is an absolute disgrace... and she is our Prime Mistress?
I don't hold any of our pollies in high regard.
If you want my respect...earn it!
But Juliar really is a piece of work!
HONESTY, INTEGRITY and SINCERITY... Three very important words, none of which apply to Gillard!
If KRUDD isn't sharpening the knives over Christmas, I know nothing!wal1957 Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 6:16 PM
Rich, so your reality TV show would be called "Dodge, Weave, Avoid" (DWA) or...Don't Want Abbott!,,TTFNroger Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Wonder who will be gone over the Christmas break - Abbott or Bishop.
Both misleading Parliament, both refusing to apologise.
Young Julia will destroy both of them next year if either survives.Bob Lord Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 8:17 PM
Gillard does not have the capacity or intelligence to answer a direct question with a direct answer.
One of the traits of a weak leader I suppose.
Maybe she could pilot a new reality show.
Dodge, Weave, AvoidRich Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 2:59 PM