- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Pressure builds on PM Gillard
4BC Mornings: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has called for Prime Minister Julia Gillard to provide a "complete, open and transparent" account of her role in establishing a union slush fund 17 years ago.
Mr Abbott accused Ms Gillard of "stonewalling" in the face of repeated questioning over the fund.
Michael Smith talks with Greg Cary about the scandal. See more from Michael Smith at his website.
"I think all of us would be happy to give the prime minister the benefit of the doubt, but in order to do that she has to give us a full explanation and what we've had from the prime minister over the last several weeks is just a lot of stone walling," Mr Abbott told the Nine Network on Friday.
"What I'll be suggesting to the prime minister is, give us a full, complete, open and transparent account of these dealings and of your professional integrity as a solicitor."
Ms Gillard has consistently denied she did anything wrong or personally benefited from setting up the Australian Workers Union Workplace Reform Association for her then partner Bruce Wilson, while working as a lawyer in the 1990s.
Ms Gillard has, however, conceded the association was a slush fund that Wilson and other union officials used to fund their re-election campaign.
Mr Abbott noted Labor ministers had recently demanded Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop answer questions over her conduct in her previous career as a lawyer.
"What's good for Julie Bishop is certainly good for Julia Gillard and in the end this goes to the prime minister's professionalism, integrity and truthfulness now because it's her answers now that I think people need to consider."
A former union official will tell police today about his involvement in a slush-fund linked to Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Former Australian Workers Union official Ralph Blewitt will meet Victorian fraud squad detectives this morning - and give a detailed account of misappropriated funds.
Mr Blewitt has previously admitted he engaged in fraud with Ms Gillard's former boyfriend Bruce Wilson, who was then AWU Victorian secretary, by issuing bogus invoices and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars during the 1990s.
Hey Jeff the only Dills are you and your redneck mates on this blog.
You lot are like a throwback to the Salem witch-hunts (and yes I'm sure you'll find a funny angle here - JuLIAR....Witch - He He Snicker).
We'll just keep holding her head underwater until she confesses?
Smithy prancing around cuddling some old derelect crim while he reminds him about some vital evidence he thinks he may have forgotten is quite pitiful.
This garbage is lacking one vital ingredient - credability!Steve Monday 26 November, 2012 - 5:31 PM
Denials from the zealots as the truth comes out. They jail paedophiles for crimes committed over 20 years earlier on the heresay claims of an individual, why not on fraud particularly when the documented evidence seems to be falling into place and supported by verbal evidence under oath which is credible. You the zealots have been duped and denial will not change that but instead prove just gullible you have been Bob lord, Steve and the other morons to numerous to mention.mick Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Should we expand this investigation on all Ms Gillard dealings since she became a lawyer? I think so.....Nigel K. Williams Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Re comments by Steve unfortunately the Labour Party is full of dills like you who cannot see past your noseJeff Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 7:41 AM
Bob Lord, also posting as other Imbeciles, James W, Steve, roger and who knows who else you Freek. You do not know anything, it is quite understandable that you don't realise Ju-Liar has done anything wrong you Clown. You only drible and spray nothing Labor Trash. No The KRudd will not be recycled, Bill is distancing himself from all this trash from Ju-Liar already.Peter B Friday 23 November, 2012 - 9:45 PM
Its a smear campaign Bob.
Similar to the one launched at Tony Abbott.
fight fire with fire, pot calling the kettle and all that.
Maybe all the allegations should be brought before the courts prior to the next election.
Luke B, Don;t know abou tghe avg Aussie but Julia would call him a mysoginist.Rich Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:39 PM