- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Pressure builds on PM Gillard
4BC Mornings: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has called for Prime Minister Julia Gillard to provide a "complete, open and transparent" account of her role in establishing a union slush fund 17 years ago.
Mr Abbott accused Ms Gillard of "stonewalling" in the face of repeated questioning over the fund.
Michael Smith talks with Greg Cary about the scandal. See more from Michael Smith at his website.
"I think all of us would be happy to give the prime minister the benefit of the doubt, but in order to do that she has to give us a full explanation and what we've had from the prime minister over the last several weeks is just a lot of stone walling," Mr Abbott told the Nine Network on Friday.
"What I'll be suggesting to the prime minister is, give us a full, complete, open and transparent account of these dealings and of your professional integrity as a solicitor."
Ms Gillard has consistently denied she did anything wrong or personally benefited from setting up the Australian Workers Union Workplace Reform Association for her then partner Bruce Wilson, while working as a lawyer in the 1990s.
Ms Gillard has, however, conceded the association was a slush fund that Wilson and other union officials used to fund their re-election campaign.
Mr Abbott noted Labor ministers had recently demanded Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop answer questions over her conduct in her previous career as a lawyer.
"What's good for Julie Bishop is certainly good for Julia Gillard and in the end this goes to the prime minister's professionalism, integrity and truthfulness now because it's her answers now that I think people need to consider."
A former union official will tell police today about his involvement in a slush-fund linked to Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Former Australian Workers Union official Ralph Blewitt will meet Victorian fraud squad detectives this morning - and give a detailed account of misappropriated funds.
Mr Blewitt has previously admitted he engaged in fraud with Ms Gillard's former boyfriend Bruce Wilson, who was then AWU Victorian secretary, by issuing bogus invoices and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars during the 1990s.
Hey Jeff the only Dills are you and your redneck mates on this blog.
You lot are like a throwback to the Salem witch-hunts (and yes I'm sure you'll find a funny angle here - JuLIAR....Witch - He He Snicker).
We'll just keep holding her head underwater until she confesses?
Smithy prancing around cuddling some old derelect crim while he reminds him about some vital evidence he thinks he may have forgotten is quite pitiful.
This garbage is lacking one vital ingredient - credability!Steve Monday 26 November, 2012 - 5:31 PM
Denials from the zealots as the truth comes out. They jail paedophiles for crimes committed over 20 years earlier on the heresay claims of an individual, why not on fraud particularly when the documented evidence seems to be falling into place and supported by verbal evidence under oath which is credible. You the zealots have been duped and denial will not change that but instead prove just gullible you have been Bob lord, Steve and the other morons to numerous to mention.mick Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Should we expand this investigation on all Ms Gillard dealings since she became a lawyer? I think so.....Nigel K. Williams Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Re comments by Steve unfortunately the Labour Party is full of dills like you who cannot see past your noseJeff Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 7:41 AM
Bob Lord, also posting as other Imbeciles, James W, Steve, roger and who knows who else you Freek. You do not know anything, it is quite understandable that you don't realise Ju-Liar has done anything wrong you Clown. You only drible and spray nothing Labor Trash. No The KRudd will not be recycled, Bill is distancing himself from all this trash from Ju-Liar already.Peter B Friday 23 November, 2012 - 9:45 PM
Its a smear campaign Bob.
Similar to the one launched at Tony Abbott.
fight fire with fire, pot calling the kettle and all that.
Maybe all the allegations should be brought before the courts prior to the next election.
Luke B, Don;t know abou tghe avg Aussie but Julia would call him a mysoginist.Rich Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:39 PM