- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
Pressure builds on PM Gillard
4BC Mornings: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has called for Prime Minister Julia Gillard to provide a "complete, open and transparent" account of her role in establishing a union slush fund 17 years ago.
Mr Abbott accused Ms Gillard of "stonewalling" in the face of repeated questioning over the fund.
Michael Smith talks with Greg Cary about the scandal. See more from Michael Smith at his website.
"I think all of us would be happy to give the prime minister the benefit of the doubt, but in order to do that she has to give us a full explanation and what we've had from the prime minister over the last several weeks is just a lot of stone walling," Mr Abbott told the Nine Network on Friday.
"What I'll be suggesting to the prime minister is, give us a full, complete, open and transparent account of these dealings and of your professional integrity as a solicitor."
Ms Gillard has consistently denied she did anything wrong or personally benefited from setting up the Australian Workers Union Workplace Reform Association for her then partner Bruce Wilson, while working as a lawyer in the 1990s.
Ms Gillard has, however, conceded the association was a slush fund that Wilson and other union officials used to fund their re-election campaign.
Mr Abbott noted Labor ministers had recently demanded Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop answer questions over her conduct in her previous career as a lawyer.
"What's good for Julie Bishop is certainly good for Julia Gillard and in the end this goes to the prime minister's professionalism, integrity and truthfulness now because it's her answers now that I think people need to consider."
A former union official will tell police today about his involvement in a slush-fund linked to Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Former Australian Workers Union official Ralph Blewitt will meet Victorian fraud squad detectives this morning - and give a detailed account of misappropriated funds.
Mr Blewitt has previously admitted he engaged in fraud with Ms Gillard's former boyfriend Bruce Wilson, who was then AWU Victorian secretary, by issuing bogus invoices and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars during the 1990s.
Hey Jeff the only Dills are you and your redneck mates on this blog.
You lot are like a throwback to the Salem witch-hunts (and yes I'm sure you'll find a funny angle here - JuLIAR....Witch - He He Snicker).
We'll just keep holding her head underwater until she confesses?
Smithy prancing around cuddling some old derelect crim while he reminds him about some vital evidence he thinks he may have forgotten is quite pitiful.
This garbage is lacking one vital ingredient - credability!Steve Monday 26 November, 2012 - 5:31 PM
Denials from the zealots as the truth comes out. They jail paedophiles for crimes committed over 20 years earlier on the heresay claims of an individual, why not on fraud particularly when the documented evidence seems to be falling into place and supported by verbal evidence under oath which is credible. You the zealots have been duped and denial will not change that but instead prove just gullible you have been Bob lord, Steve and the other morons to numerous to mention.mick Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 10:06 AM
Should we expand this investigation on all Ms Gillard dealings since she became a lawyer? I think so.....Nigel K. Williams Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Re comments by Steve unfortunately the Labour Party is full of dills like you who cannot see past your noseJeff Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 7:41 AM
Bob Lord, also posting as other Imbeciles, James W, Steve, roger and who knows who else you Freek. You do not know anything, it is quite understandable that you don't realise Ju-Liar has done anything wrong you Clown. You only drible and spray nothing Labor Trash. No The KRudd will not be recycled, Bill is distancing himself from all this trash from Ju-Liar already.Peter B Friday 23 November, 2012 - 9:45 PM
Its a smear campaign Bob.
Similar to the one launched at Tony Abbott.
fight fire with fire, pot calling the kettle and all that.
Maybe all the allegations should be brought before the courts prior to the next election.
Luke B, Don;t know abou tghe avg Aussie but Julia would call him a mysoginist.Rich Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:39 PM