- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Premier Newman with Cary
4BC Mornings: Premier Campbell Newman joins Greg Cary, claiming lobbyist are great at knowing government and business mechanics, and are skilled at getting results, despite taking 4000-5000 emails and correspondence a week, normal Queenslanders have the same level of access and can book a meeting with him if they have a real legitimate issue. The Premier also discusses Dr Bruce Flegg, dairy farmers and euthanasia.
Dr Bruce Flegg quit his portfolio last week amid claims he lied to parliament by failing to record the extent of contact his office had with his lobbyist son.
Mr Newman said the media focused heavily on the topic last week which was "not actually the main game of getting Queensland going", and is angry the scandal trumped topics such as new planning legislation.
"Frankly that was completely hyped up and overplayed. I'm not saying it was unimportant," Mr Newman told 4BC Radio.
"He (Dr Flegg) didn't do the wrong thing.
"He resigned because he failed to set his office up in a way to see proper administration."
Mr Newman said Dr Flegg's chief-of-staff Fraser Stephen and media adviser Graeme Hallet, who were both sacked, were responsible for keeping Dr Flegg's lobbyist register up to date and had let the minister down.
Mr Newman also said he has no problem with federal Liberal party vice president Santo Santoro lobbying Arts and IT minister Ros Bates.
Ms Bates also tabled an inaccurate lobbyist register, which failed to note more than 20 points of contact her office had with Mr Santoro.
Political donations from a private investment company linked to Mr Santoro and sidelined director-general of Transport Michael Caltabiano are being investigated by police.
Mr Newman said Mr Santoro does not have disproportionate power.
"Mr Santo Santoro is a registered lobbyist, he's not a criminal, he hasn't been in jail, he hasn't been accused of doing anything wrong and he's perfectly entitled to go and make appointments with ministers to undertake legitimate lawful business," Mr Newman said.
Whilst I do not believe that Mr Newman has done anything wrong, I am glad that Mr Fleg has gone, and another one that I would like to see go if Langbrook, to my way of thinking he is useless, he was last time and is again now..
Mr Newman is only a few months into a new job and although he has run the council, running a state is much different, we gave Anna Bligh time to sort her position out so lets give Mr Newman time.. Personally I feel he has one hell of a job to try to get us back on track, and to make sure that we are not heading in the way Bligh was happily taking us.. and it will take time to turn the ship around.Gaye Monday 26 November, 2012 - 1:03 PM
If this is not a clear case for Ministers not employing family members then I do not know what is.
While it is all well and good to want to see ones children or partners succeed, if the parent or partner is in a public position of influence there will always be the risk of pressure being applied.
I personally do not believe Flegg resigning is any great loss to Politics.Gayle Friday 23 November, 2012 - 9:27 AM
OMG . Is Campbell Newman Serious , Bruce Flegg did nothing wrong ! . What Universe does he live in . God help Us allPaula Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 5:39 PM