- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Premier Newman with Cary
4BC Mornings: Premier Campbell Newman joins Greg Cary, claiming lobbyist are great at knowing government and business mechanics, and are skilled at getting results, despite taking 4000-5000 emails and correspondence a week, normal Queenslanders have the same level of access and can book a meeting with him if they have a real legitimate issue. The Premier also discusses Dr Bruce Flegg, dairy farmers and euthanasia.
Dr Bruce Flegg quit his portfolio last week amid claims he lied to parliament by failing to record the extent of contact his office had with his lobbyist son.
Mr Newman said the media focused heavily on the topic last week which was "not actually the main game of getting Queensland going", and is angry the scandal trumped topics such as new planning legislation.
"Frankly that was completely hyped up and overplayed. I'm not saying it was unimportant," Mr Newman told 4BC Radio.
"He (Dr Flegg) didn't do the wrong thing.
"He resigned because he failed to set his office up in a way to see proper administration."
Mr Newman said Dr Flegg's chief-of-staff Fraser Stephen and media adviser Graeme Hallet, who were both sacked, were responsible for keeping Dr Flegg's lobbyist register up to date and had let the minister down.
Mr Newman also said he has no problem with federal Liberal party vice president Santo Santoro lobbying Arts and IT minister Ros Bates.
Ms Bates also tabled an inaccurate lobbyist register, which failed to note more than 20 points of contact her office had with Mr Santoro.
Political donations from a private investment company linked to Mr Santoro and sidelined director-general of Transport Michael Caltabiano are being investigated by police.
Mr Newman said Mr Santoro does not have disproportionate power.
"Mr Santo Santoro is a registered lobbyist, he's not a criminal, he hasn't been in jail, he hasn't been accused of doing anything wrong and he's perfectly entitled to go and make appointments with ministers to undertake legitimate lawful business," Mr Newman said.
Whilst I do not believe that Mr Newman has done anything wrong, I am glad that Mr Fleg has gone, and another one that I would like to see go if Langbrook, to my way of thinking he is useless, he was last time and is again now..
Mr Newman is only a few months into a new job and although he has run the council, running a state is much different, we gave Anna Bligh time to sort her position out so lets give Mr Newman time.. Personally I feel he has one hell of a job to try to get us back on track, and to make sure that we are not heading in the way Bligh was happily taking us.. and it will take time to turn the ship around.Gaye Monday 26 November, 2012 - 1:03 PM
If this is not a clear case for Ministers not employing family members then I do not know what is.
While it is all well and good to want to see ones children or partners succeed, if the parent or partner is in a public position of influence there will always be the risk of pressure being applied.
I personally do not believe Flegg resigning is any great loss to Politics.Gayle Friday 23 November, 2012 - 9:27 AM
OMG . Is Campbell Newman Serious , Bruce Flegg did nothing wrong ! . What Universe does he live in . God help Us allPaula Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 5:39 PM