- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
Premier Newman set for big year
A new report shows Queensland is on the road to economic recovery and 2013 will be a year of growth.
The CommSec State of the States report shows that while Queensland is strong on construction work and engineering investment, a sluggish labour market is constraining the state's economy.
It ranks Queensland's economy as the fourth best in the nation, in terms of growth.
Premier Newman is today talking up what his government is doing for jobs, after last year slashing 14 thousand public sector positions.
Mr NEWMAN says the things we're seeing in the Commsec report demonstrate the green shoots of recovery are there.
For the first time in a very long time you have allowed me to feel proud and humble as a result of the actions of a legitimate media in the service of the people. It is my great hope that the people of Australia and the world will absorb my words in the spirit they were intended. THANK YOU.Thank You Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
In comparison to Ned Kelly Jessy James was a fairy. I am a great fan of John Wayne and an even greater fan of the dignity honesty and strength of character he portrayed so very well. The unfortunate truth is that America never had anyone like John Wayne. The closest they went was through Wyatt Earp and in reality he was as much a murderer and an outlaw as he was a law man. He was merely convenient at the time and as such he was allowed to live out his life beyond the scrutiny of legitimate judgement. The closest character in modern history to our Ned Kelly is Robin Hood. Robin Hood is largely a fictitious character based on an amalgam of many individuals of the time who actually did what the movies present under the name of Robin Hood. Make no mistake. Ned Kelly was certainly a criminal in his time but if an unbiased modern court were to judge the actions of the law enforcers of that time in conjunction with the actions of Ned Kelly it would possibly result in an acquittal. It is beyond any doubt that the law enforcers of that time acted well outside of the law of our time. I do not suggest that Ned Kelly surrendered his booty to the poor or even a substantial portion of that booty. However Ned Kelly is recorded in history to have supported local communities and it is also recorded that those communities supported him.
ContinuedThe Essence of Australians Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 9:54 AM
I do not condone criminals and yet I cannot find the criteria that would allow me to condemn Ned Kelly. Ned Kelly demonstrated beyond doubt he felt he was fighting for a just cause to the extent he knowingly laid down his life against insurmountable odds. He casually walked out of that shack stood upright in an open paddock without any cover and put his life where his beliefs were. No bombs no thermide no smart weapons. Just an antiquated rifle and a couple of pistols and as much ammunition as he could carry. Like the Spartans knew they were up against insurmountable odds Ned Kelly did not know the extent of his enemy but he knew they were so numerous he could not possibly win. He duked it out in reality at least as well as the duke ever did in the movies. Nothing and nobody else captures the essence of Australians as well as Ned Kelly. We should stop denigrating the man and start celebrating the man not as a criminal but as an icon of Australiana. He is as much an embodiment of the ethos of modern Australian law enforcement as he is of the Australian military and the Australian citizen. We should erect a 50 foot monument in a capital city so we never forget the ethos that forged this great nation. The time for Australians to be ashamed of our past has gone. The time for Australia to cower and hide as a subservient nation has past. It is time for Australia to take that first unprotected step into an open field to stand upright and proud and let the chips fall as they may.
ContinuedThe Essence of Australians Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 9:53 AM
I could put a substantial ready made military machine in the hands of Australia in under 1 month. Australia has ample resources technical ability and manpower to increase the size of that force to any extent we desire. More than enough to defend ourselves against any aggressor within a decade. We WILL almost certainly be faced with that dilemma within a decade. It is time for Australians to lift our heads out of the dirt and start pounding that dirt with boots. We would align ourselves with the UK AND China but as EQUAL partners. WE and only WE would control our region. The time for talk and dependence has passed. Who are we. Who are. Hooah. HOOAH. Let Australia inspire the whole world that is currently in a state of apathy and repression by building a monument to eclipse one of the seven modern wonders with a new wonder built in the majesty of the ancient wonders of the world. Let us build a modern Colossus of Rhodes right here in one of our capital cities. Let us show the world the ability of Australia and build a Ned Kelly that is taller than 30m and will last longer than a century. We could have built it easily for the price of that piece of shite desalination plant in Melbourne. We have the ability and we have the resources. It is time to put Australia on the map. That is how to lead a nation.The Essence of Australians Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 9:52 AM
Hey Mick is Bob Kater (sic) a Mad Hater? ya nob.roger Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 7:47 PM
mick, you claimed Qld was bankrupt - 'labor left it and Newman took over they were coming last and bankrupt'. In order to come to that conclusion you would need to know the net asset value of Queensland, unless you practice mickonomics. IJames W Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 7:13 PM