- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Premier faces string of crises
Mining billionaire Clive Palmer has jumped on accusations Queensland's premier may have misled parliament, saying he should resign.
Campbell Newman's statement in parliament on Tuesday that government MP Alex Douglas was happy to step down as chairman of the ethics committee has been disputed.
Dr Douglas says he was pushed, and Mr Newman's statement is "untrue".
He now wants his job back.
Mr Palmer, who threw in his Liberal National Party life membership last week after a long-running war of words with government, says the premier should resign for misleading parliament.
"The premier has no alternative but to resign for misleading parliament and the good people of Queensland over this grubby affair," he said in a statement on Wednesday.
Mr Palmer has also called for Katter's Australian Party's Queensland leader Rob Katter and Labor leader Annastacia Palaszczuk to refer the Mr Newman to the ethics committee.
The conflict and disunity in Queensland's Liberal National Party is normal for parties with a huge majority, politician turned lobbyist Santo Santoro says.
Premier Campbell Newman has faced a string of crises, including the loss of his housing minister Bruce Flegg after he failed to disclose contacts with his lobbyist son.
His arts minister and transport chief are embroiled in nepotism allegations.
A veteran MP has defected to Katter's Australian Party, and another MP has threatened to turn independent over concerns about how Mr Newman is running his government.
Now another government MP is claiming he was pushed off an ethics committee and says the premier may have misled parliament by saying he'd wanted to quit the position.
Mr Santoro, a federal Liberal Party vice president, says divisions within Queensland's Liberal National Party are a normal part of a new government settling in.
"What you have now is the natural adjustment that always occurs when a party with a huge majority like the majority Campbell Newman got when elected," Mr Santoro told ABC radio.
"I've seen this happen when the Labor Party had huge majorities at either a state or federal level and I've seen it happen when the Liberal Party in other states has had huge majorities.
"I think it's the normal argy bargy of large governments and of large party rooms."
A Galaxy poll, published in The Courier-Mail on Wednesday, showed almost one in two voters didn't believe the premier had met his promise to be more open and accountable.
It found almost two out of three people believed the new administration was worse or no better than the Labor government had been.
Mad Hatter party...just sucking up Palmers back end for the money..How obvious..
Campbell is better off without this lot, they were not sincere, just trying to line their own pockets again..Independants have stuffed this country with their ridiculous wild ideas look what the loopy greens are doing.Jackie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:28 PM
MP Alex Douglas who would believe anything he has to say now that we are now seeing his real agenda and his ethics first hand. This knowlege confirms why he was replaced. I wonder whether or not his constituents are feeling conned as he was elected as a LNP member after previously having been an independent knowing full well that he would not have been as Independent candidate, but now they have not what they voted for but an independent how is that for a scam and is it ethical, has he decieved his electorate or lied to them.mick Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:33 AM
It might be good time for the Premier to head off on short trade mission.
James W Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM
mick, I was on the money.James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:19 PM
mick, you heard it here first.
"It might be good time for the Premier to head off on short trade mission.
James W Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM"
How did I know?James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:18 PM
Yeah , in one breath our resident lefties call Palmer a nutcase and the next breath they are hanging on every word he says.
They should really make up their mind what they consider a reliable source.
I will give them a hint.
NOT A POLITICIAN or ONE OF THEIR AFFILIATES!Rich Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Cry, do you mean Cantdo is 'growing'roger Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:37 AM