- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Premier faces string of crises
Mining billionaire Clive Palmer has jumped on accusations Queensland's premier may have misled parliament, saying he should resign.
Campbell Newman's statement in parliament on Tuesday that government MP Alex Douglas was happy to step down as chairman of the ethics committee has been disputed.
Dr Douglas says he was pushed, and Mr Newman's statement is "untrue".
He now wants his job back.
Mr Palmer, who threw in his Liberal National Party life membership last week after a long-running war of words with government, says the premier should resign for misleading parliament.
"The premier has no alternative but to resign for misleading parliament and the good people of Queensland over this grubby affair," he said in a statement on Wednesday.
Mr Palmer has also called for Katter's Australian Party's Queensland leader Rob Katter and Labor leader Annastacia Palaszczuk to refer the Mr Newman to the ethics committee.
The conflict and disunity in Queensland's Liberal National Party is normal for parties with a huge majority, politician turned lobbyist Santo Santoro says.
Premier Campbell Newman has faced a string of crises, including the loss of his housing minister Bruce Flegg after he failed to disclose contacts with his lobbyist son.
His arts minister and transport chief are embroiled in nepotism allegations.
A veteran MP has defected to Katter's Australian Party, and another MP has threatened to turn independent over concerns about how Mr Newman is running his government.
Now another government MP is claiming he was pushed off an ethics committee and says the premier may have misled parliament by saying he'd wanted to quit the position.
Mr Santoro, a federal Liberal Party vice president, says divisions within Queensland's Liberal National Party are a normal part of a new government settling in.
"What you have now is the natural adjustment that always occurs when a party with a huge majority like the majority Campbell Newman got when elected," Mr Santoro told ABC radio.
"I've seen this happen when the Labor Party had huge majorities at either a state or federal level and I've seen it happen when the Liberal Party in other states has had huge majorities.
"I think it's the normal argy bargy of large governments and of large party rooms."
A Galaxy poll, published in The Courier-Mail on Wednesday, showed almost one in two voters didn't believe the premier had met his promise to be more open and accountable.
It found almost two out of three people believed the new administration was worse or no better than the Labor government had been.
Mad Hatter party...just sucking up Palmers back end for the money..How obvious..
Campbell is better off without this lot, they were not sincere, just trying to line their own pockets again..Independants have stuffed this country with their ridiculous wild ideas look what the loopy greens are doing.Jackie Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:28 PM
MP Alex Douglas who would believe anything he has to say now that we are now seeing his real agenda and his ethics first hand. This knowlege confirms why he was replaced. I wonder whether or not his constituents are feeling conned as he was elected as a LNP member after previously having been an independent knowing full well that he would not have been as Independent candidate, but now they have not what they voted for but an independent how is that for a scam and is it ethical, has he decieved his electorate or lied to them.mick Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:33 AM
It might be good time for the Premier to head off on short trade mission.
James W Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM
mick, I was on the money.James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:19 PM
mick, you heard it here first.
"It might be good time for the Premier to head off on short trade mission.
James W Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM"
How did I know?James W Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:18 PM
Yeah , in one breath our resident lefties call Palmer a nutcase and the next breath they are hanging on every word he says.
They should really make up their mind what they consider a reliable source.
I will give them a hint.
NOT A POLITICIAN or ONE OF THEIR AFFILIATES!Rich Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Cry, do you mean Cantdo is 'growing'roger Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:37 AM