- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
PM deals with Woodridge violence
4BC News: Prime Minister Julia Gillard has flagged a new national approach to deal with violence in suburban Australia.
Ms Gillard told a cybersafety launch in Sydney on Wednesday she was concerned about two violent incidents in recent days including a confrontation in Woodridge, south of Brisbane, and a fatal shooting in Sydney's southwest.
She said people who lived in suburban parts of the country deserved to live in an environment where they felt safe and secure.
"Whilst these questions are always principally for state governments and for our police authorities they do concern me," Ms Gillard said.
While state police were doing an "incredibly tough job in very difficult circumstances" the federal government also had a role to play.
"At this time all levels of government need to be doing everything that can be done to address this violence," Ms Gillard said.
She has asked Home Affairs Minister Jason Clare to prepare for cabinet some options to address the violence and to explore the limits of the federal government's legal and constitutional responsibilities.
"We will be working through that because I am very concerned about the circumstances for communities in Sydney's west and more broadly."
Law and order was also an issue at the 2010 federal election.
During that campaign Labor launched a policy of new controls on dangerous weapons such as knuckledusters, electronic shock devices and flick knives.
The coalition promised a national database of violent gangs to track the activities of such groups around the country.
At that time, a series of knife attacks and gangland wars were in the headlines.
The prime minister's office had no further detail about the proposed strategy.
Comment was being sought from Mr Clare.
Here Here Mick someone that sees the common sense. She's responsible for more than broken promises...we will be on our way to ruin if she continues pretending to be the prime minister !!Jackie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM
Can smell more civil liberties and freedom of speach are under further attack. She is Australia's greatest shame, and now she is going to use her father's Welsh communist teachings and values to further ruin the country in trying to get re elected. The states do not need her advice on this matter, all they have to do is to have the police instead of poncing around, apply the laws if this had of been white Australians they would have been already in the slammer. Use the laws already in place Newman and concentrate on fixing the state of Qld following the abusive dose labor state management. It is the abject failure in border control under Gillard Labor Government that has caused these issues to start with. Want to fix it stop them coming in through NZ, and send the ones already here on the dole back to NZ after all they are NZ citizens. So Gillard don't tell us what you already haven't done in the past 3 years, we are all well aware that and based on past actions you break election promises anyway. Remember you said "Law and order was also an issue at the 2010 federal election" this is another one you have broken Juliar, this ain't the manipulated poles this is reality bring on the election now. PS Carbon Tax and mining tax are not off the agenda, only in your mind it is Juliar.mick Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:51 PM
There were 2 yella dictators sitting on the wall. And if 1 yella dictator should accidently fall there would be 1 yella dictator sitting on the wall. They have already eliminated the plebs and the comfortable from the equation. Now they are well under way to eliminate the moderately wealthy. Then they will eliminate the wealthy then the mega wealthy then the journalists then the governments then the lesser bankers and then organised crime. What possible criteria can you use to logically suggest any different. Elizabeth and Evelyn and their families before them have not even slightly deviated from their course for centuries. You have waited too long. All journalists in every nation can currently be replaced by a handful of people located in one office under the NM Rothschild bank. The economies of every nation can be completely controlled by a handful of people and a few key strokes in the same location. Governments across the world now have negligible power to control their and our destiny. You wouldnt put a nuclear weapon in the hands of Hitler because you know he would have used it. Yet nobody dares to publically acknowledge that Hitler was at the very least empowered by bankers or that Elizabeth and Evelyn were and still are by far the largest beneficiaries of WW2. We are one people with a common enemy. The longer we wait the weaker our side becomes until we no longer have the ability to mount an effective defence. You are deluding yourself if you think you will be exempt regardless of your wealth power or influence.2 Yella Dictators Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 12:13 PM
Both political parties have to make a stand on this.We have had rules for them and rules for us for Years !!
Nothing changes but we add to the mulitculturalism daily, so much so that all the minorities that move here or just LOB here get their RIGHTS at the expense of our right to have peace and a fair go ?? They get on our welfare system and rort it as much as they can...My daughter works in one of these departments and the stuff these boat/kiwis/others get is an outrage to those that have lived here all their lives. How is that helping them to socially interact when they are given pride of place. This is why they laugh in our face and abuse our Police officers They Have No Respect for our ways. I say start deporting and cutting the benefits that will open their eyes. STOP THE BENEFITS!!! Ask a few government workers at centrelink how much money gets doled out to these free loaders.
Put them to work out in the outback, they can tend the ground and grow their own food in the lucky country.If they want to stay they should be made to work Simple !! Now i will wait for the do gooders to start bleating ......Jackie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:49 AM
This wil be funny.
Another pollie that doesn't get out in the real world that thinks they have a solution.
Putting more police there won't help.
The cops are bound by the laws of political correctness.
The offenders are the untouchables and they no it.
I saw a pacific islander being woken up because he was asleep in the middle of the road.
When police tried to take him to safety, he started chanting "Polic Brutallity" at the top of his voice.
What chance do they have while these people are given special protectinRich Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:05 AM