- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
PM accusations continue
4BC Mornings: As Julia Gillard continues to be dogged by accusations and investigations over her time with Slater & Gordon the Prime Minister has lashed out at The Australian.
Greg Cary talk to Fairfax’s Federal Political Reporter, Francis Keany about how the story is playing out in Canberra
The Australian says Julia Gillard has sought to dismiss the controversy about her dealings with the Australian Workers Union, its official Bruce Wilson (her then lover) and her departure from the law firm Slater & Gordon as the claims of "misogynists and nut jobs on the internet". Yet the information that The Australian and award-winning reporter Hedley Thomas have relied on for a series of revelations has come from documentary evidence and reputable sources. Crucially, Thomas obtained a transcript of an interview conducted, as part of an internal investigation, by senior Slater & Gordon partners with Ms Gillard just before her departure. Two of those partners have also gone on the record. Yesterday's exclusive report was based on contemporaneous diary entries by then AWU boss Ian Cambridge, now a Fair Work Australia commissioner. A critical diarised conversation was confirmed under statutory declaration this week by former union staffer Wayne Hem, who says Wilson gave him $5000 cash to deposit in Ms Gillard's account. Ms Gillard has not denied or explained this deposit. Rather she has accused this newspaper of running a "smear".
Ms Gillard has used the lawyer's trick of seizing on minor errors to pass this off as a "defamatory" campaign by The Australian, but now faces keen interest across the Fairfax press, with new stories broken by The Age. Her plea for incuriosity, however, has been heard at the ABC. It is deeply worrying that a taxpayer-funded media organisation - which did not hesitate to run allegations from three decades ago about Tony Abbott's alleged behaviour as a teenager at university - is censoring coverage and avoiding legitimate questions about Ms Gillard's professional behaviour as a 34-year-old partner in a law firm, and her stubborn reluctance to be open about it now.
listen to what this nutter
Position Vacant Thursday is on about. I would pick my friends very careful in this international climate and no one would be the USA every time, despite Osama. He is not even part of the solution for America why was he re-elected look at what he did to thier country.mick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 3:54 PM
A military commander with a proven track record for completing missions is urgently required. Our government on both sides has been infiltrated by foreign governments and is rapidly destroying the national security of Australia. Only commanders who are true patriots of our great nation beyond all else should apply. Your mission is to remove our current government and replace it with a military command until national security can be restored. The treasonous politicians of current governments will be held under house arrest until a government elected by the people can replace the military command and then they will be prosecuted for treason under law in full view of the population. We will immediately secure the South East Asia region and implement facilities to protect every citizen within that region. We will then seek an emergency international summit with a view to establishing a new union of nations intent on securing peace throughout the world. The US and Israel will not be welcome until they relinquish all WMDs including nuclear weapons HAARP and drones. It is time for Australia to lead the world. Time for us to distance ourselves from the parties who have relentlessly instigated war and persecution since WW2. Secure 5000 dedicated and irreproachable soldiers position them close to Canberra then come and get me. Its time for PEACE.Position Vacant Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 3:15 PM
"Thats not a matter for me to comment on , its a matter for the courts to decide"BELLA Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 11:23 AM
China Japan Russia Korea Germany Vietnam Iran Iraq Syria Egypt Indonesia and many others are absolutely itching for an opportunity. England France and many other allies and turning away fast. America Israel and the UN are way out on a limb and the opposition to their relentless tactics of war and persecution is growing rapidly. Yet they keep pushing and pushing. The ONLY nation on Earth that is willingly and actively supporting a military machine in rapid decline is Australia. Now they treat us like imbeciles and expect us to believe the proposed deep penetration radar for Exmouth is to track space debris. Megawatts of EMR mean mega increases in cancer and tumours. Tracking is now achieved through satellites. It is for HAARP or drone technology. Possibly a jamming device. NBN has serviced the facility so the radar could be remotely controlled. Radar is not new technology yet we pay 30mil to get it here then 10mil per year to rent it. Why wouldnt we simply build it ourselves. It makes us a critical first strike target for the impending world war against America. Keating today said we need to cease being subservient to America. Well done. He is spot on. America needs to get their head out of their bums and stop making enemies. They need to decide whether to distance themselves from the murderous regime of the Israeli government or suffer the international consequences. Its shakin time. Loose Israel or loose the remaining allies. However I disagree with Keating on his perspective of Australia Indonesia relations. Give me 5000 top soldiers and I will give you an end to poor relations. America has bet EVERYTHING on HAARP and drone technology. Its a foolish bet and they will loose.The Coalition of Destruction r2 Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Arrest me too. I shouted my partner a five star Bali holiday after a bit of good fortune came my way. It's a pretty natural thing to do when you are in a relationship you know, sharing the good times.
And if the PM's then partner had a big win in the casino and shared it with her - the to me that is a completely natural event. Weird shit this, can't even find anyone actually accusing her of doing something wrong or even if something wrong was done. Weird shit.Bob Lord Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 11:06 AM