- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
PETA: prosecute cattleman
4BC Summer Drive: Animal rights group PETA has suggested cattlemen in Queensland's Gulf Country should be prosecuted if their cattle die of thirst or starvation.
PETA says there can be no excuses because cattlemen can be prepared ahead of time for bushfires and drought.
PETA Queensland spokesperson Claire Fryer joins Mark Braybrook on 4BC Summer Drive to explain their position.
Etheridge Shire Mayor Bill Attwood joined Braybrook to defend cattlemen says there is no way to be prepared for fires that are caused by lightning strikes and things of that nature.
May I ask did you see where most of the animals that are liberated from cosmetic labs. Did you see wether the animals were in a fit state to survive. Gayle have you seen what companies do to animals (dogs, cats, rabbits) in the name of your lips gloss lipstick. When you live a total vegan life refuse to buy anything that has been tested on animals then and only then can you say PETA are wannabees. And as far as the cattle men of Nth QLD they have there herds so controlled they know what they are doing, they are just greedy wanting more money and not caring about the animals. Watch FORK OVER KNIVES and see wether you want to eat meat again.Colin Friday 28 December, 2012 - 4:23 PM
PETA in Virginia USA euthanize 95% of the animals that it takes in, here we have heard Claire Fryer tells us that these cattle should be humanely put down, in my opinion this group is all about killing animals under the guise of liberating them, PETA would have to be the most hypocritical bunch of wannabees ever and will not be happy until this planet is devoid of all four legged friends.Gayle Friday 28 December, 2012 - 10:04 AM