- Looking back: RSPCA pets
- Ban work emails, after hours
- Drug syndicate smashed
- Save Brisbane's history
- Electricity savings on way
- GE Money vulnerable
- Whooping cough more resilient
- Dog toilets for Brisbane airport
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mini Clean on Cleaning baths a 'manly' way Wow this is an amazing 23 second video! it is definitely easy to use and very manly indeed! but i like it. It sure can clean ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, even David T agrees that my comment was sensible, it got him talking again. more
- Gordon Heelan on Save Brisbane's history Do you think the Bonded Store Buildings should be saved and heritage listed?Yes I do as history is a important part of our ... more
- Bob Lord on Electricity savings on way So the plan is to increase the risk of blackouts because people aren't prepared to pay for the excellent electricity service ... more
- Bob Lord on “$80 billion black cloud" Major infrastructure investment occurring in Qld over the past few years before LNP according to the Commission of Audit:1. ... more
- Gus Nathan on Vale, Haydn Sargent Really sad to learn of Hayden Sargent's passing away. Ever since our arrival in Australia in 1975, we tuned to 4 BC daily ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Yes James, I'm waiting for you to say something sensible. more
- James W on “$80 billion black cloud" So the $4Bn per year we pay in interest could pay for so many schools, so many klms of roads and so many hospitals. What do ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, AUstralia had never had AAA from all 3 major ratings agencies before Rudd was PM, FACT. more
- Warren on Live webcam over Brisbane River. I would like to use your webcam. Seeing what you and your guests look like in the studio adds enjoyment to listening to ... more
- mick on Colmslie saves it's Fish Factory Khushdeep ring Rudd's missus she is supposed to be the guru in placing people into jobs at a great expense to the taxpayer. more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" the recent state labor governments are the ones who have lost the aaa ratings in recent years. In Fact the most Triple A ... more
- mick on Obesity a personal issue? Jack2967 obesity in itself can be the symptom of many other chronic illnesses and the result of medications used to treat ... more
- Where is it? on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC What's happened to Fresh on Sunday? Disappeared when the CCT returned. Are you going to put it on at a different time?Would ... more
- victor Madison on Promising signs for HIV cure I want to say hello to the world at large, I am very grateful for the good deeds DR.OGODOMEN did for me, I was a HIV ... more
- Elisa Jed on MiniMovers fleet sabotaged Did they find the person that sabotaged the moving trucks? This is definitely a hard time to lose so many trucks. I think ... more
- Annie Johnston on Boland back for Brisbane Warren, it is so good to see you are back on the radio. 4BCs gain is ABC's loss. And what a loss it is! Your league of ... more
- Steve Yeppoon on Boland back for Brisbane Driving out to work this morning and planning to listen to Warren for the 3 hour drive. Disappointed to learn Warrens not on ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Gone quite quiet again David T. more
- Bob Lord on Mobile tech leading way Ah. Just a little. Currently 2 smartphones, 2 tablets and a laptop make use of a cable broadband, home wifi and a portable ... more
Pell: "separate fact from fiction"
Australia's most senior Catholic says the royal commission will help determine whether reports about child abuse in the church have been a "significant exaggeration".
"We think it's an opportunity to help the victims. It's an opportunity to clear the air, to separate fact from fiction," Cardinal George Pell told reporters in Sydney.
He said the church had been worked hard to uncover child abuse.
"We are not interested in denying the extent of misdoing in the Catholic Church. We object to it being exaggerated," Cardinal Pell said.
"We object to being described as the only cab on the rank.
"We acknowledge, with shame, the extent of the problem and I want to assure you that we have been serious in attempting to eradicate it and deal with it ...
"This commission will enable those claims to be validated or found to be a significant exaggeration."
Cardinal Pell also questioned whether ongoing "furore in the press" about the alleged abuse was helpful to the victims.
Your rant claiming everyone to be ignorant this justme does not even warrant discussion. Empty as usual.mick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 8:30 AM
you seem to know something about a paedophile's apology given it some thought about apologising Andy, well it will not work.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 10:47 PM
Mick - Of course I have an opinion on the abhorrent practice of female mutilation but unlike you I am sane and dont need to rant about off topic issues. Your take on Socialist govts destroying Christian churches is pure tea bag paranoia! Keep drinking the Koolade pal - youre keeping us sane ones well amused.just me Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Sorry mick, you lose. It's zero credibility when you play the nazi card...
Everyone knows that!
Your rant rings as hollow as a paedophile's apology.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 6:40 PM
It is well and truly justified Andy the hater the spruiker of the gospel of hate first seen in its heyday of the late 30's in Germany, you are just as bad. Fancy falsely claiming "(my own poor dear brother included)" what a load of crock, the poor me syndrome pity party victim play you have shown just how low and cheap and desparate this labor movement really is. Your hatred is just not blind but bloody stupid with it crawl back to your redneck log. No-one here has even suggested to be making "excuses for these people", perhaps you are trying to cover your own circumstances and actions with your feigned and fallacious claims voiced here
which may well be because of the " dirty secrets that you may be hiding??", Andy. You are as transparent as Swan is
with his delusion of a budget in surplus, that he is going to pay the debt back at an unprecented rate never seen before in history.
To Barry Mackenzie ditto.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:34 PM
Blind hatred? How moronic, I couldn't care less what gods or churches anyone believes in, until I find out (along with the rest of the world) that this church and others have hidden the ENDEMIC child abuse their priests, pastors and choirmasters have perpetrated on COUNTLESS children (my own poor dear brother included) So "mick" "peter b" or whoever you are, don't assume my hatred is "blind". It's damn well justified. If they hadn't done this to the kids, nobody would be going after them. I question anyone who tries to make excuses for these people. It makes me wonder about what dirty secrets they may be hiding??
By the way, mentioning Nazi Germany is a sure sign you have no decent argument.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM