- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Pell: "separate fact from fiction"
Australia's most senior Catholic says the royal commission will help determine whether reports about child abuse in the church have been a "significant exaggeration".
"We think it's an opportunity to help the victims. It's an opportunity to clear the air, to separate fact from fiction," Cardinal George Pell told reporters in Sydney.
He said the church had been worked hard to uncover child abuse.
"We are not interested in denying the extent of misdoing in the Catholic Church. We object to it being exaggerated," Cardinal Pell said.
"We object to being described as the only cab on the rank.
"We acknowledge, with shame, the extent of the problem and I want to assure you that we have been serious in attempting to eradicate it and deal with it ...
"This commission will enable those claims to be validated or found to be a significant exaggeration."
Cardinal Pell also questioned whether ongoing "furore in the press" about the alleged abuse was helpful to the victims.
Your rant claiming everyone to be ignorant this justme does not even warrant discussion. Empty as usual.mick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 8:30 AM
you seem to know something about a paedophile's apology given it some thought about apologising Andy, well it will not work.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 10:47 PM
Mick - Of course I have an opinion on the abhorrent practice of female mutilation but unlike you I am sane and dont need to rant about off topic issues. Your take on Socialist govts destroying Christian churches is pure tea bag paranoia! Keep drinking the Koolade pal - youre keeping us sane ones well amused.just me Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Sorry mick, you lose. It's zero credibility when you play the nazi card...
Everyone knows that!
Your rant rings as hollow as a paedophile's apology.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 6:40 PM
It is well and truly justified Andy the hater the spruiker of the gospel of hate first seen in its heyday of the late 30's in Germany, you are just as bad. Fancy falsely claiming "(my own poor dear brother included)" what a load of crock, the poor me syndrome pity party victim play you have shown just how low and cheap and desparate this labor movement really is. Your hatred is just not blind but bloody stupid with it crawl back to your redneck log. No-one here has even suggested to be making "excuses for these people", perhaps you are trying to cover your own circumstances and actions with your feigned and fallacious claims voiced here
which may well be because of the " dirty secrets that you may be hiding??", Andy. You are as transparent as Swan is
with his delusion of a budget in surplus, that he is going to pay the debt back at an unprecented rate never seen before in history.
To Barry Mackenzie ditto.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:34 PM
Blind hatred? How moronic, I couldn't care less what gods or churches anyone believes in, until I find out (along with the rest of the world) that this church and others have hidden the ENDEMIC child abuse their priests, pastors and choirmasters have perpetrated on COUNTLESS children (my own poor dear brother included) So "mick" "peter b" or whoever you are, don't assume my hatred is "blind". It's damn well justified. If they hadn't done this to the kids, nobody would be going after them. I question anyone who tries to make excuses for these people. It makes me wonder about what dirty secrets they may be hiding??
By the way, mentioning Nazi Germany is a sure sign you have no decent argument.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM