- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Pell: "separate fact from fiction"
Australia's most senior Catholic says the royal commission will help determine whether reports about child abuse in the church have been a "significant exaggeration".
"We think it's an opportunity to help the victims. It's an opportunity to clear the air, to separate fact from fiction," Cardinal George Pell told reporters in Sydney.
He said the church had been worked hard to uncover child abuse.
"We are not interested in denying the extent of misdoing in the Catholic Church. We object to it being exaggerated," Cardinal Pell said.
"We object to being described as the only cab on the rank.
"We acknowledge, with shame, the extent of the problem and I want to assure you that we have been serious in attempting to eradicate it and deal with it ...
"This commission will enable those claims to be validated or found to be a significant exaggeration."
Cardinal Pell also questioned whether ongoing "furore in the press" about the alleged abuse was helpful to the victims.
Your rant claiming everyone to be ignorant this justme does not even warrant discussion. Empty as usual.mick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 8:30 AM
you seem to know something about a paedophile's apology given it some thought about apologising Andy, well it will not work.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 10:47 PM
Mick - Of course I have an opinion on the abhorrent practice of female mutilation but unlike you I am sane and dont need to rant about off topic issues. Your take on Socialist govts destroying Christian churches is pure tea bag paranoia! Keep drinking the Koolade pal - youre keeping us sane ones well amused.just me Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 7:42 PM
Sorry mick, you lose. It's zero credibility when you play the nazi card...
Everyone knows that!
Your rant rings as hollow as a paedophile's apology.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 6:40 PM
It is well and truly justified Andy the hater the spruiker of the gospel of hate first seen in its heyday of the late 30's in Germany, you are just as bad. Fancy falsely claiming "(my own poor dear brother included)" what a load of crock, the poor me syndrome pity party victim play you have shown just how low and cheap and desparate this labor movement really is. Your hatred is just not blind but bloody stupid with it crawl back to your redneck log. No-one here has even suggested to be making "excuses for these people", perhaps you are trying to cover your own circumstances and actions with your feigned and fallacious claims voiced here
which may well be because of the " dirty secrets that you may be hiding??", Andy. You are as transparent as Swan is
with his delusion of a budget in surplus, that he is going to pay the debt back at an unprecented rate never seen before in history.
To Barry Mackenzie ditto.mick Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 3:34 PM
Blind hatred? How moronic, I couldn't care less what gods or churches anyone believes in, until I find out (along with the rest of the world) that this church and others have hidden the ENDEMIC child abuse their priests, pastors and choirmasters have perpetrated on COUNTLESS children (my own poor dear brother included) So "mick" "peter b" or whoever you are, don't assume my hatred is "blind". It's damn well justified. If they hadn't done this to the kids, nobody would be going after them. I question anyone who tries to make excuses for these people. It makes me wonder about what dirty secrets they may be hiding??
By the way, mentioning Nazi Germany is a sure sign you have no decent argument.andy Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM