- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
NSWRL vs QRL petition
4BC Sports Today: The time has come for NRL Grand Final Day to be changed. What relevance does the New South Wales Cup Grand Final have to those in Queensland.
It is the National Rugby League and not a day run for the benefit of those in Sydney who thinks the world ends at the Tweed River.
We want to gather momentum to have a more relevant game on NRL Grand Final Day while still highlighting 2nd tier rugby league.
We want the first game of NRL Grand Final day to be a 2ND Tier 'Superbowl' type game between the Grand Final winners of the Intrust Super Cup and the Grand Final winners of the NSW Cup.
All it needs to work is have the NSW Cup Grand Final played a week earlier to coincide with the Intrust Super Cup Grand Final.
NRL Grand Final Day would then be:
- Intrust Super Cup Winners v NSW Cup Winners
- Toyota Cup Grand Final
- NRL Grand Final
Sign the Petition
When you sign the petition NSWRL is emailed your petition of support, so you know that the message is being heard in Sydney.
Like and share the Facebook page
Well done Pete. We need this to occur. Wynnum v Newtown on grand final day would have been superb. I feel sorry for the hardcore fans of NSW Cup clubs who are forced to pay upwards of a 150 bucks a ticket to watch their team run around in a grand final. There was a cluster of empty seats during the Storm v Bulldogs grand final and that was due to Newtown fans who had left the stadium following their team's win. It would be great for both comps to get the national recognition on gf day. Well done Peter for initiating this.Selena Kent Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Well Nunky, it's due to twits like you that we Qlders love to thrash NSW in State of Origin. Self centered and still wishing you played in your cute little suburban competition so a Sydney team would win every year.
Good Grand Final win by a Melbourne Rugby League team yesterday. How traditional was that!
Good suggestion to play a game between the local Qld and NSW grand final winners. It would really add to the day.Bob Lord Monday 1 October, 2012 - 7:52 AM
typical whinging again from qld.. rugby league has always and should be built on one word and thats tradition.. ever since you whinging qlders have been in the comp since a lousy 24 years you want it all your own way just like your good mate john ribot and co(remember when you stuffed the game in the mid 90's?bunch of idiots including u peter.. stick to coaching your tennis mate..nunky Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 11:15 PM