- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
NSWRL vs QRL petition
4BC Sports Today: The time has come for NRL Grand Final Day to be changed. What relevance does the New South Wales Cup Grand Final have to those in Queensland.
It is the National Rugby League and not a day run for the benefit of those in Sydney who thinks the world ends at the Tweed River.
We want to gather momentum to have a more relevant game on NRL Grand Final Day while still highlighting 2nd tier rugby league.
We want the first game of NRL Grand Final day to be a 2ND Tier 'Superbowl' type game between the Grand Final winners of the Intrust Super Cup and the Grand Final winners of the NSW Cup.
All it needs to work is have the NSW Cup Grand Final played a week earlier to coincide with the Intrust Super Cup Grand Final.
NRL Grand Final Day would then be:
- Intrust Super Cup Winners v NSW Cup Winners
- Toyota Cup Grand Final
- NRL Grand Final
Sign the Petition
When you sign the petition NSWRL is emailed your petition of support, so you know that the message is being heard in Sydney.
Like and share the Facebook page
Well done Pete. We need this to occur. Wynnum v Newtown on grand final day would have been superb. I feel sorry for the hardcore fans of NSW Cup clubs who are forced to pay upwards of a 150 bucks a ticket to watch their team run around in a grand final. There was a cluster of empty seats during the Storm v Bulldogs grand final and that was due to Newtown fans who had left the stadium following their team's win. It would be great for both comps to get the national recognition on gf day. Well done Peter for initiating this.Selena Kent Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Well Nunky, it's due to twits like you that we Qlders love to thrash NSW in State of Origin. Self centered and still wishing you played in your cute little suburban competition so a Sydney team would win every year.
Good Grand Final win by a Melbourne Rugby League team yesterday. How traditional was that!
Good suggestion to play a game between the local Qld and NSW grand final winners. It would really add to the day.Bob Lord Monday 1 October, 2012 - 7:52 AM
typical whinging again from qld.. rugby league has always and should be built on one word and thats tradition.. ever since you whinging qlders have been in the comp since a lousy 24 years you want it all your own way just like your good mate john ribot and co(remember when you stuffed the game in the mid 90's?bunch of idiots including u peter.. stick to coaching your tennis mate..nunky Sunday 30 September, 2012 - 11:15 PM