- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
No costings, no excuses
4BC News: Treasurer Wayne Swan has challenged the opposition to reveal how much its election promises are going to cost once the federal budget numbers are released in May.
Mr Swan says the government will account for its big spending on education and the national disability insurance scheme through savings in the budget on May 14.
With the federal election date set for September 14, the opposition has no excuse not to reveal its costed policies after the budget is brought down, the treasurer told ABC TV.
"Failure to do so will very clearly indicate what their agenda is, which is not to put out detailed policies based on forecasts based on either information from the budget or the Parliamentary Budget Office," he said.
The opposition's strategy was to release as little of their costings as possible, he said.
"They're out there saying that they will have lower deficits, lower taxes and of course more spending," Mr Swan said.
"That is just a magic pudding."
Shadow treasurer Joe Hockey has said the May budget numbers will be questionable and the coalition would rely only on figures from the pre-election fiscal outlook (PEFO).
The departments of Treasury and Finance will release the PEFO 10 days after the writs for the election have been issued on August 12.
Mr Hockey said on Wednesday the coalition had submitted more than 50 initiatives to the Parliamentary Budget Office for costing, but it was struggling to get through them.
Dear R family ~ Thank you for alnliwog us to create these fun portraits of your little girlie's first birthday! She is a doll and we really enjoyed our time with you!! Can't wait for you to see more!Danach Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 2:01 PM
Have you ever wondered what the effect on Australia would have been if 50 Billion wasn't spent creating jobs.
Yeah harry, We would be 50 billion dollars less in debt.
The maths wasn't that hard at all.Rich Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 8:51 AM
Come in Spinner
Gotta love this idiocy " It is very good of you to point out the habitual thief in the Liberal party and no honest person could support her. But she was flicked. Perhaps that massive intellect of yours could sum the Australian revenue that was allegedly stolen by Obeid Thomson and Slipper and then do a credible comparison to the pathetic shoplifter."
Firstly she was allowed to stay in Parliament until and after her charges were heard without any personal attacks, she then resigned of her own accord.
Secondly Thomson is facing unproven criminal charges on events that happened before he entered Parliament. No taxpayer funds involved.
Thirdly Obeid is facing an enquiry into his business dealings and using his position to gain inside information. No Taxpayer funds involved.
Thirdly Slipper is facing unproven charges of using Cabcharge dockets. The events occurred when he was considered a valuable member of the Liberal Party and close friend of Abbott. It was taxpayer money.
Hate to have you as my lawyer.Bob Lord Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 8:23 AM
Australia's mental health system is in poor state and you make it obvious that something has to be done about it as soon as possible. Another good policy for the PM is in the offing here i believe.Eric the Great Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 6:16 AM
Great day in Parliament today with no one disgracing themselves and parties sticking to policy discussions. "Reducing" Joe Hockey scored some points with brochures about the now no more Labor surplus. The Mad Monk seems to have a death wish by asking questions about super when his stated policy is to reduce super for 3.6 million low earning Aussies - nuts.
Usual argy bargy of the Westminster system.
Pity I have a life and have to miss it for a few days.
Pretty siyre rich will strep in and misinform people.Bob Lord Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 10:00 PM
You should see the massive Bradford insulation factory just down the road from me, employed hundreds at its peak. Solar panels are still being installed and you can still buy German or Chinese, all installed by Australians.
Jobs, jobs, jobs.
These schemes employed thousands at a time when Australia was .1% away from an official recession. According to Rich the government bought us back from the brink and created boom times.Harry Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 5:21 PM