- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
4BC Drive: In addition to a growing list of NBN budget blowouts, it has now been reported that 1/10 NBN Co workers have been issued American Express corporate credit cards. Shadow Minister for Communications, Malcolm Turnbull, gives his comment.
Capital can flow from contury to contury, unfettered at all.Labour should have the same right.Let anyone who wants to come and live here.I'd also suggest we set up quick process centres in Pakistan and other major refugee areas to fly whoever wants to here.I think the Libs are drum beating racism, and Labor is softly whistling.Great recessions see class polarisation and the ruling clique often respond with racism as a diversion from real problems.Our contury is a colonial settler state founded on anti-aboriginal racism. Our federation was based on a grand compromise between labour and capital protection, arbitration and white Australia.Those founding principles' flow through many sectors and attract some of the alienated working class.A trade union movement that fought for jobs and living standards would drive this nonsense into the abyss of contempt.Kazeem Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 1:36 PM
More disgusting Labor Govt waste on the fraudulent Carbon Tax SCAM:
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/government/international/finance/20111130-fast-start.aspxLabor Carbon Waste Scam Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 12:53 AM
What a load of crap by the taxpayer funded Getup Labor Propaganda Department by Bob Lord/John of Caloundra and by the SAME moron.
The NBN by the untrustworthy Conroy will cost closer to $90 Billion dollars & will have very few takers signing up to it across Australia.
This is another absolute monumental failure by the corrupt Slippery Labor Govt no one in Australia trusts.
Counting the days to get rid of this self serving arrogant despicable inept deceitful rats of the Labor Alliance Party out of office.
Most hated deceitful govt in our history.
Lies and more waste repetitively.
The Party of NO integrity and the loathing of the nation.
LABOR RATS with their leader, NOT ours the very worst cunning RAT of all.
The people WILL get rid of every single traitor to OUR nation!Slippery Labor Billion Dollar Failure AGAIN! Friday 20 January, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Senator Conroy stated on 7th September that "the NBN will provide a massive economic boost for the Australian economy, particularly in regional and remote communities."
Well if you are looking for remote Julia Creek with a population of 500 between Mt Isa and Townsville is your piece de resistance and the Labor Party's NBN goes right under the town.
The stoic remote town of Julia Creek, because it has a population of 500, does not qualify for the fibre optic service, even though it runs right under the town. The amazing vision of the Labor Party.
The council has been told by NBN Co that it will cost them $1.14 million to connect and they should just wait for the wireless service.
But why is it that the Town of 1770 with a population of just 80 does qualify for the fibre connection? Why are 30 other towns, many with much less than the magic 500 population figure, getting access to the fibre optic service?
There is not much point to a railway line without railway stations.Richard Tuesday 17 January, 2012 - 9:45 AM
Richard: Everythings gone mobile wifi
Reality: No it hasn't. Hard lines deliver the fastest speeds, and the most reliable service. Just ask one of those "geeks" you keep referring to.John of Caloundra Monday 16 January, 2012 - 5:56 PM
Phil, you are aware that the only areas that the NBN has thus far been rolled out is the northern tip of Tasmania, with a maximum reach of 4000?John of Caloundra Monday 16 January, 2012 - 2:22 PM