- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Mazzab on Mary Collier Press Release 4bc - oh dear of dear!! Where will the deluge of on-air personalities departing 4BC stop? An avid talkback 4BC listener for ... more
- Rob on Mary Collier Press Release Very Sad. Mary you were fantastic. The show hasn't been the same since Peter Dick left and I could hear it in Mary's voice ... more
- Marea Gray on Mary Collier Press Release Not a huge fan of Mary's but wish her well in her new adventures..I like Ian, he is good.. but Moyd and Loretta are by far ... more
- Beth on Mary Collier Press Release I smell a rat. So very sad that Mary has disappeared from 4bc. Hearing her in the morning was like having a beautiful honest ... more
- Kay on Mary Collier Press Release So very disappointed with the exodus, have been loyal 4BC listener for many years but now it's time for me to leave also.4BC ... more
- Grant on Mary Collier Press Release Both Mary and Peter were a great team and I'm sure most of the mature intelligent listeners to 4BC would agree. Their ... more
Most influential female voice
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says she had "no inkling" of the effect her so-called misogyny speech aimed at Opposition Leader Tony Abbott would have.
She made the comments after being voted the most influential female voice in Australia by Fairfax Media's Daily Life website.
The site lauded her for the now infamous speech in October, saying it was a "watershed moment" for Australian women.
"Our first female Prime Minister had kept silent on sexism directed at her and entrenched in Australian politics since her election, but when she spoke it wasn't just Australia, but the world, that stopped and listened," a statement on their website said.
But Ms Gillard, in an accompanying interview with Fairfax, had no idea how much attention the world would pay to the speech until Treasurer Wayne Swan told her.
"I thought I had given a hard-hitting speech but I didn't have any inkling of the effect of it," she said.
"I said to Wayne, `Oh, we're going to have to sit here now and listen to all these bloody speeches in reply. I should get my chief of staff to bring some correspondence so at least I can be getting on with something.'
"And Wayne, with a slightly odd look on his face ... said, `You can't really give the `I accuse' speech and settle back and do your correspondence'."
She said women had shown their support of the speech by sending her notes and presents.
Media commentator Anne Summers was voted the second most influential woman in Australia, followed by social commentator, writer and lecturer Jane Caro, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Elizabeth Broderick and Walkley award winning journalist and 7.30 Report anchor Leigh Sales.
Bob Lord, Slipper has not been cleared as the evidence has not been tested in court. Justice Steven Rares said he had reached the firm conclusion former staffer JAMES ASHBY'S main purpose for bringing the proceedings was to pursue a political attack against Mr SLIPPER. This is a dangerous precedence that has been set, Steven Rares is supposed to look at the evidence to see if there is enough of a case for a trial to be heard, not make a decision on a political basis. All one has to do now is prove in some way that the person pushing the action has a vendetta and it does not mean a thing if you have all the evidence under the sun, it can now be thrown out.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:55 PM
I do not believe that Tony Abbott is a mysogynist. He respects his wife and daughters and I have never heard him cause any grief to women.Meg Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Dullard, are you 'roasted,salted or in the shell'?roger Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 3:45 PM
Well, well, well. More terrible news for the loonies today with Peter Slipper having no case to answer in the Federal Court.
She has been completely vindicated and Abbott had be shown for what he is - grubby, germy and so intent on gaining government he is willing to sacrifice friends.
An awful man and no wonder that less than 30% of Australia's population like him.Bob Lord Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:05 PM
@ Julie Dullard
You forgot to include the fact that she is also a pathological liar,she does actual fit the profile of a person suffering from narcissistic personality disorder they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth, hence her need to have affairs with married men in an attempt to convince herself she is more appealing than the wifeexlabor voter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
Absolute brilliant analysis of our obsequious and insecure leader.
Can I quote you?Rich Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:45 AM