- Ford a "kick in the guts"
- Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC
- New schools for Queensland
- Party precinct: failed
- The Doors keyboardist Manzarek dies
- IR changes opposed
- Waiting for 'little mate' to wake
- Breathing difficulties, sleep
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" Oh dear RichardJust watching our very own fiscal twit Nicholls stating that a raft of taxes will be rising in Queensland in ... more
- bespectacled on New schools for Queensland How about using the fv school for a library and buy the adjacent commercial buildings to add to the school oval for leisure ... more
- ArtG on New flood tax planned I knowwwww, mick, I knoowwww... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" OK Richard, fair enough.The bloke who wants to run the country doesn't need to have a vision or plans for when he gets ... more
- jaycee on Ford a "kick in the guts" my vishion 20/20,roberto earldomo, is maybe a bit on the blue side but overall I'm sitting pretty here on a north shore ... more
- mick on New flood tax planned Artg she certainly did not want them to die of thirst so she opened up Wivenhoe and flooded Brisbane trying to drown them. more
- Richard on Ford a "kick in the guts" Bob, you seem to be changing canoes mid stream and now paddling the other way.BTW Tony Abbott is not running the country.A ... more
- mick on Ford a "kick in the guts" The majority of Australians do know that they do have good plans and visions for all Australians, you are just too stupid to ... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" TSK TSKThose silly Ford people not having a good business plan hey Tony. Fabulous hindsight once again from you.Ya got a ... more
- David T. on Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC Anyone with an analogue TV can buy a Digital set-top box. If you're on a full Govt. pension, you might get a box for free ... more
- David T. on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Adam, Google them under Rick Milne Collectables and Shields Stamps and Coins. Both are in Victoria. I'm sure you'll find the ... more
- Adam on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Can someone please provide me Rick Milne and Tony Shields email address so we can contact them.Thanks more
- kernel fudpucker on IR changes opposed All smoke and mirrors. They all lie in the same BED !! more
- kernel fudpucker on New schools for Queensland Private companies?? There's only one, SERCO!!!. Do your research, SHEEPLE !!!! more
- kernel fudpucker on New flood tax planned How about a (POLITCAL FAILURE TAX) Payed back to the people, set at 200% more
- Kattie on $5 to browse Coorparoo store Perhaps, we've been now excited to have the actual dad's or mom's early morning hours ingest. Listed here is a lack of yet ... more
- single slot toasters review on Amalfi Coast Recpies I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as if some of the ... more
- Richard on Party precinct: failed Can not think of a time in the entire history of mankind where alcohol consumption has not led to etiquette hell.Let it ... more
- hospitality is dead or rather never was on Party precinct: failed Get rid of hositality and its segeregation /and age groupdiscrimination practices and it might just bring back boomers and ... more
- Gayle on New schools for Queensland Now this is called good Government and forward planning, the demographics have changed and there are more families with ... more
Most influential female voice
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says she had "no inkling" of the effect her so-called misogyny speech aimed at Opposition Leader Tony Abbott would have.
She made the comments after being voted the most influential female voice in Australia by Fairfax Media's Daily Life website.
The site lauded her for the now infamous speech in October, saying it was a "watershed moment" for Australian women.
"Our first female Prime Minister had kept silent on sexism directed at her and entrenched in Australian politics since her election, but when she spoke it wasn't just Australia, but the world, that stopped and listened," a statement on their website said.
But Ms Gillard, in an accompanying interview with Fairfax, had no idea how much attention the world would pay to the speech until Treasurer Wayne Swan told her.
"I thought I had given a hard-hitting speech but I didn't have any inkling of the effect of it," she said.
"I said to Wayne, `Oh, we're going to have to sit here now and listen to all these bloody speeches in reply. I should get my chief of staff to bring some correspondence so at least I can be getting on with something.'
"And Wayne, with a slightly odd look on his face ... said, `You can't really give the `I accuse' speech and settle back and do your correspondence'."
She said women had shown their support of the speech by sending her notes and presents.
Media commentator Anne Summers was voted the second most influential woman in Australia, followed by social commentator, writer and lecturer Jane Caro, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Elizabeth Broderick and Walkley award winning journalist and 7.30 Report anchor Leigh Sales.
Bob Lord, Slipper has not been cleared as the evidence has not been tested in court. Justice Steven Rares said he had reached the firm conclusion former staffer JAMES ASHBY'S main purpose for bringing the proceedings was to pursue a political attack against Mr SLIPPER. This is a dangerous precedence that has been set, Steven Rares is supposed to look at the evidence to see if there is enough of a case for a trial to be heard, not make a decision on a political basis. All one has to do now is prove in some way that the person pushing the action has a vendetta and it does not mean a thing if you have all the evidence under the sun, it can now be thrown out.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:55 PM
I do not believe that Tony Abbott is a mysogynist. He respects his wife and daughters and I have never heard him cause any grief to women.Meg Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Dullard, are you 'roasted,salted or in the shell'?roger Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 3:45 PM
Well, well, well. More terrible news for the loonies today with Peter Slipper having no case to answer in the Federal Court.
She has been completely vindicated and Abbott had be shown for what he is - grubby, germy and so intent on gaining government he is willing to sacrifice friends.
An awful man and no wonder that less than 30% of Australia's population like him.Bob Lord Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:05 PM
@ Julie Dullard
You forgot to include the fact that she is also a pathological liar,she does actual fit the profile of a person suffering from narcissistic personality disorder they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth, hence her need to have affairs with married men in an attempt to convince herself she is more appealing than the wifeexlabor voter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
Absolute brilliant analysis of our obsequious and insecure leader.
Can I quote you?Rich Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:45 AM