- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
Most influential female voice
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says she had "no inkling" of the effect her so-called misogyny speech aimed at Opposition Leader Tony Abbott would have.
She made the comments after being voted the most influential female voice in Australia by Fairfax Media's Daily Life website.
The site lauded her for the now infamous speech in October, saying it was a "watershed moment" for Australian women.
"Our first female Prime Minister had kept silent on sexism directed at her and entrenched in Australian politics since her election, but when she spoke it wasn't just Australia, but the world, that stopped and listened," a statement on their website said.
But Ms Gillard, in an accompanying interview with Fairfax, had no idea how much attention the world would pay to the speech until Treasurer Wayne Swan told her.
"I thought I had given a hard-hitting speech but I didn't have any inkling of the effect of it," she said.
"I said to Wayne, `Oh, we're going to have to sit here now and listen to all these bloody speeches in reply. I should get my chief of staff to bring some correspondence so at least I can be getting on with something.'
"And Wayne, with a slightly odd look on his face ... said, `You can't really give the `I accuse' speech and settle back and do your correspondence'."
She said women had shown their support of the speech by sending her notes and presents.
Media commentator Anne Summers was voted the second most influential woman in Australia, followed by social commentator, writer and lecturer Jane Caro, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Elizabeth Broderick and Walkley award winning journalist and 7.30 Report anchor Leigh Sales.
Bob Lord, Slipper has not been cleared as the evidence has not been tested in court. Justice Steven Rares said he had reached the firm conclusion former staffer JAMES ASHBY'S main purpose for bringing the proceedings was to pursue a political attack against Mr SLIPPER. This is a dangerous precedence that has been set, Steven Rares is supposed to look at the evidence to see if there is enough of a case for a trial to be heard, not make a decision on a political basis. All one has to do now is prove in some way that the person pushing the action has a vendetta and it does not mean a thing if you have all the evidence under the sun, it can now be thrown out.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:55 PM
I do not believe that Tony Abbott is a mysogynist. He respects his wife and daughters and I have never heard him cause any grief to women.Meg Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Dullard, are you 'roasted,salted or in the shell'?roger Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 3:45 PM
Well, well, well. More terrible news for the loonies today with Peter Slipper having no case to answer in the Federal Court.
She has been completely vindicated and Abbott had be shown for what he is - grubby, germy and so intent on gaining government he is willing to sacrifice friends.
An awful man and no wonder that less than 30% of Australia's population like him.Bob Lord Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:05 PM
@ Julie Dullard
You forgot to include the fact that she is also a pathological liar,she does actual fit the profile of a person suffering from narcissistic personality disorder they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth, hence her need to have affairs with married men in an attempt to convince herself she is more appealing than the wifeexlabor voter Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
Absolute brilliant analysis of our obsequious and insecure leader.
Can I quote you?Rich Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 9:45 AM