- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
4BC Drive: Revelations that mining companies want to bypass Queensland workers in favour of cheap foreign labour have caused a stir in political circles. The topic couldn’t come at a worse time for mining companies as thousands of BHP coal miners in central Queensland started a seven-day strike today, seeking changes to work conditions.
4BC Drive with Gary Hardgrave brings into the debate Stephen Smyth, CFMEU Mining and Energy President, Aidan McLindon, Katter's Australian Party Leader and Cr Ann Crawford, Isaac Shire mayoral candidate.
Rod Camm - CEO of Skills Queensland
Michael Roche - Queensland Resources Council
Stephen Smyth - CFMEU Mining and Energy President
Thousands of BHP Coal miners begin a seven day strike.
Aidan McLindon - Katter's Australian Party Leader
The Australian Party says it will not accept the temporary migration arrangements to allow foreign workers.
Cr Ann Crawford - Isaac Shire Mayoral candidate
FIFO rush foolish warns Isaac Councillor
Yet another cynical and brazen attempt by the mega wealthy to make sure that they can dig our nations wealth out of the ground and give nothing back. If you want cheap labour go to Africa and Mine there, plenty of other miners will want to come here and plunder or National Wealth. This is not a Labor Liberal thing this is something that all governments should be wanting to stop. Disgracefull!Bazza Monday 20 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
"Revelations that mining companies want to bypass Queensland workers in favour of cheap foreign labour" and the moron government claims that unemployment is down to 5.1%, time to stand up to this government who hates Australians in Australia. Get on to your MP and tell them what you think, tell your friends, tell your relations. They are advertising Australia in the Middle East as the new Mecca look at the benefits that you get. Time to get rid of Labor for ever get rid of this govenor.mick Friday 17 February, 2012 - 5:06 PM
I am interested to see how the mad monk is going to pay for the planting of the trees he proposes as part of his alternate to JG's C Tax.
Getting ahead of myself, he would need to form government. Not much chance of that in the foreseeable future, especially if Rudd leads the Reds.James W Friday 17 February, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Richard & mick, this James W Clown has no idea of reality you are wasting your time trying to explain Facts or Truth he would not know what they are. Wacko Willy as I call him also relys on his other personalities to back him up JOC, Bob Lord, roger, just me etc. the blokes a Lunatic, Skitzo you name it he's all over it.Peter B Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
I agree, innovation is the key, the issue I have with your proposal of POUR(ing) CAPITAL INTO PRODUCT ENGINEERING OF THE BIG POLLUTERS, is that WE will have to fund it. The type of thing they do in communist countries, as our resident expert on communism, mick, will attest to.James W Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:37 PM
You have TAX on your brain mate.
I am sick of repeating myself.
LEAVE THE INDUSTRY ALONE TO DEVELOP ITS OWN GREEN TECHNOLOGIES THROUGH REGULATION.
NO TAX JAMESW,
No extra cost to the business.
Do you get my point now.
You see the carbon dioxide tax will do nothing to change the planet.
Industrial innovation is the KEY.
If I have to repeat it one more time , I will consider that you suffer from cretinism which inhibits your mental capacities.Richard Friday 17 February, 2012 - 12:07 PM