- 4BC launches Floral Welcome Mat
- 4BC at the Brisbane Festival
- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John on Calls for Island bridge I agree totally with Walter. A bridge will destroy the uniqueness of Russell Island. It appears that the almighty dollar is ... more
- eddie terrill on Catch up with Ken Sparkes hi ken; great show tonite 30-09;enjoy the music once again ,keep on rocking from a60s&70s listener.eddie t. more
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
Middle East: how serious?
4BC Breakfast: Tensions are high in the Middle East once again, but are things more serious this time?
Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast hear from Foreign Affairs Expert Dr Keith Suter.
25 killed on bloodiest day in Gaza
New Israeli air raids have killed two people in Gaza City, taking the death toll to 25 on the bloodiest day of Israel's bombing campaign, Hamas's health ministry says.
The latest deaths came in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Tal al-Hawa.
"Two Palestinians were killed in an air strike on the Tal al-Hawa neighbourhood," Hamas health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said, without adding details.
In the day's most lethal raid, at least nine members of the same family - five of them children - were among 10 people killed when an Israeli missile destroyed a family home in Gaza City, the health ministry said.
At the scene, medics and bystanders all pitched in to remove the rubble to dig out the bodies in the futile hope of finding survivors, as people watched in shock, some weeping openly.
The latest violence hiked the Palestinian casualty toll to 71 dead and more than 600 injured in almost 100 hours of raids, while three Israelis have been killed and more than 50 injured by rocket fire since Wednesday.
@JamesW, Why don't we dress down all our military personal to blend in the masses, then the enemy would not know who were soldiers and who were ordinary citizens.
So after the smoke clears we are still oblivious to the fact of who was actually targeted in the strike.
Unless you believe just get the usual political lip service and two enemies pointing fingers at each otherRich Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Having Foxnews US in my house I can reveal it is far from entertainment. A 24 hour news station with an unbelievable right wing slant. In other words it is pure propaganda.Bob Lord Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I struggle to see the answer to my question in your response, Rich. If I don't like what you say, am I justified in bombing you?
Can you categorically say that all of the occupants of the said media facility had "knowingly and purposefully incite(d) terrorism and war through propoganda" (sp. propaganda - keep spelling like that and some might start calling you mick, Rich)?James W Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Not unless you don't fear retalliation from Fox, Bob
Fox news is for entertainment purposes only.
It would be a brave call to accuse them of knowingly and intentionally causing war through their media releases though.Rich Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 2:18 PM
Totally agree with you Rich. Mr Rupert Murdoch in particular through his papers and Foxnews channels continually indulges in outright propaganda. His gungho support of Bush, Blair and Howard and his grossly distorted reporting of Iraq falsehoods led to 100,000s of needless deaths.
No wonder he has been booted from the UK in disgrace.
Perhaps together Rich we can bomb his media outlets into oblivion.Bob Lord Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 9:53 AM
War ain't pretty.
When the media knowingly and purposefully incite terrorism and war through propoganda then they become a weapon of war and are seen as a strategic target.
Collateral damage is unavoidable when Military weapons are staioned near hospitals , schools and in amongst civillian dwellings.
I paint a nasty picture of reality JamesW.Rich Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 8:18 AM