- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
Middle East: how serious?
4BC Breakfast: Tensions are high in the Middle East once again, but are things more serious this time?
Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast hear from Foreign Affairs Expert Dr Keith Suter.
25 killed on bloodiest day in Gaza
New Israeli air raids have killed two people in Gaza City, taking the death toll to 25 on the bloodiest day of Israel's bombing campaign, Hamas's health ministry says.
The latest deaths came in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Tal al-Hawa.
"Two Palestinians were killed in an air strike on the Tal al-Hawa neighbourhood," Hamas health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said, without adding details.
In the day's most lethal raid, at least nine members of the same family - five of them children - were among 10 people killed when an Israeli missile destroyed a family home in Gaza City, the health ministry said.
At the scene, medics and bystanders all pitched in to remove the rubble to dig out the bodies in the futile hope of finding survivors, as people watched in shock, some weeping openly.
The latest violence hiked the Palestinian casualty toll to 71 dead and more than 600 injured in almost 100 hours of raids, while three Israelis have been killed and more than 50 injured by rocket fire since Wednesday.
@JamesW, Why don't we dress down all our military personal to blend in the masses, then the enemy would not know who were soldiers and who were ordinary citizens.
So after the smoke clears we are still oblivious to the fact of who was actually targeted in the strike.
Unless you believe just get the usual political lip service and two enemies pointing fingers at each otherRich Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Having Foxnews US in my house I can reveal it is far from entertainment. A 24 hour news station with an unbelievable right wing slant. In other words it is pure propaganda.Bob Lord Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 7:53 PM
I struggle to see the answer to my question in your response, Rich. If I don't like what you say, am I justified in bombing you?
Can you categorically say that all of the occupants of the said media facility had "knowingly and purposefully incite(d) terrorism and war through propoganda" (sp. propaganda - keep spelling like that and some might start calling you mick, Rich)?James W Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 4:20 PM
Not unless you don't fear retalliation from Fox, Bob
Fox news is for entertainment purposes only.
It would be a brave call to accuse them of knowingly and intentionally causing war through their media releases though.Rich Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 2:18 PM
Totally agree with you Rich. Mr Rupert Murdoch in particular through his papers and Foxnews channels continually indulges in outright propaganda. His gungho support of Bush, Blair and Howard and his grossly distorted reporting of Iraq falsehoods led to 100,000s of needless deaths.
No wonder he has been booted from the UK in disgrace.
Perhaps together Rich we can bomb his media outlets into oblivion.Bob Lord Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 9:53 AM
War ain't pretty.
When the media knowingly and purposefully incite terrorism and war through propoganda then they become a weapon of war and are seen as a strategic target.
Collateral damage is unavoidable when Military weapons are staioned near hospitals , schools and in amongst civillian dwellings.
I paint a nasty picture of reality JamesW.Rich Thursday 22 November, 2012 - 8:18 AM